• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixdean

I love all these "genius" analysts breaking down Cam's game and pretending to have some deep insights. He's a streaky thrower. He's always been a streaky thrower. He will always be a streaky thrower. He'll miss some wide open receivers by 5 yards and then drill a laser through an impossible window down the middle of the field. There was literally nothing different about this game yesterday than what he's done his entire career, except a little less velocity on his throws that's almost certainly due to recovering from shoulder surgery.

Striker

As I said, Kaep and Eli scored the same amount of points yesterday

You and I scored the same amount of points yesterday as Eli

If you attribute that to "Eli needs Odell healthy to succeed", how can you argue Kaep couldn't also benefit from throwing to Odell?
Just stop.

And Cincinnati has AJ McCarron who is every bit better than Kaep is and will play if Red Rifle struggles further.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
DJcvxFIUIAc4iDc.jpg

Stafford-WK1-Game-ball-768x432.jpg

Hey Scooter, this is the next generation of QBs led by Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff. :*)

Agreed but I'm just gonna ignore him and move on

@AdamSchefter
Hearing reports that @DMczaf is being considered for the @Texans starting job for Thursday #HeCanStillGo

Good luck friend!

Update:

@AdamSchefter
I may have jumped the gun. Turns out @DMczaf is still recovering from that sneeze. Currently receiving 24/7 Icy Hot treatment. Doubtful for Thursday.

DMczaf

Saturday night I went out to a show, after the show my friends said "Where to next?"

My response "....you mean like...tonight?!"

Go Status : Questionable

Panthers have reached an injury settlement with Brenton Bersin officially releasing him from his contract with the team.

This is probably the greatest day of my life

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I was very excited after the Lions game yesterday. The expectations I had are about in line with what we saw except for our running game sucking again. I was posting like a maniac after the game but I was also reminding everyone IRL to watch out for the Detroit Lions.

Our secondary is one of the best in the league. We had a great secondary last year but our Linebackers and defensive line sucked so bad it did not matter. Bob Quinn went to work in the offseason drafting and signing free agents like Jarrad Davis and Paul Worrilow. These linebackers can actually cover running backs in the pass game. Our DLine and Linebackers shut down the Cardinals running game.

If this defense produces turnovers like they did yesterday (and they will throughout the season) we're going to be kicking teams asses. We have the best young quarterback in the game, our offensive line is fierce, and we have playmakers in Kenny Golladay, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, Marvin Jones, Theo Riddick, Ameer Abdullah etc. who can make plays when they have the ball. And all this was with our starting Left Tackle Taylor Decker out. Look at how Stafford distributed the ball yesterday:

Golden Tate: 10 Receptions, 107 Yards
Kenny Golladay: 4 Receptions, 69 Yards, 2 TDs
Marvin Jones: 2 Recpetions, 37 Yards, 1 TD
TJ Jones: 2 Reception, 32 Yards (Including a huge third down catch)
Theo Riddick: 6 Receptions, 27 Yards, 1 TD
Eric Ebron: 2 Reception, 11 Yards (Big 3rd down conversion catch too)

Seriously, who do you want to cover? And it won't matter anyways because if Stafford really wants to throw it through Stafford Windows and triple coverage he can absolutely do that.

The only thing that did not live up to expectations was again the running game. Ameer picked up hard yards when we needed them and I believe the running game will eventually come around. Through my excitement yesterday I said Stafford would throw for 5 TDs against the Giants. I was overly excited, and the Giants defense is actually really, really good. Still though, we're a better football team than the Giants on Offense, Defense and Special Teams. The whole country will witness it on Monday Night Football.

Striker

Lol wut

McCarron plays a few alright games and he's every bit better than a guy that took a team to a Super Bowl?

Stahp
Mark Sanchez went to two AFC title games and both were games that could have went either way. Alex Smith was a punt return fumble away from going to the Super Bowl too. Those teams were all loaded, as was the Kaep SF teams he played on.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
this hits home

after i hit 30, my body straight up refuses to operate past midnight.

For me it's that if I'm out past like 11pm, I can't fall asleep until 4am. My brain and body switch into overdrive mode and insomnia hits.

Fuck that, I'll just wind down at a decent hour instead of pushing my body into second, third, and fourth winds.

Narag

@AdamSchefter
now
Colts already have ruled out Andrew Luck for Sunday's game against Arizona. He doesn't sound close to playing anytime soon.

WELP

cdyhybrid

Mark Sanchez went to two AFC title games and both were games that could have went either way. Alex Smith was a punt return fumble away from going to the Super Bowl too. Those teams were all loaded, as was the Kaep SF teams he played on.
Mark Sanchez wasn't a back up. McCarron has 119 career passing attempts.

Stop it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Oh Kas you sweet, summer child...

Bob Quinn has been able to find some diamonds in the rough. And we have two great coordinators who are able to put their players in positions to win. I was not excited about the Worrilow signing but he's been a solid OLB and much better than what we had out on the field last season.

Bob Quinn also traded for Greg Robinson from the Rams who stepped in for the injured Taylor Decker and had a hell of a game. This is after he signed Rick Wagner and T.J. Lang to shore up the right side of the offensive line.

Chandler Jones presented a terrifying matchup for Greg Robinson, but Detroit's left tackle more than held up in his first game in place of an injured Taylor Decker. He gave up one sack that was really a coverage sack, and that was the only time Stafford went down all day.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/09/lions_grades_cardinals.html#incart_river_index

We have two coordinators in Teryl Austin and Jim Bob Cooter who will probably become head coaches and one of the best offensive line coaches in the league in Ron Prince.

Just because a player does not work out for a previous coaching staff or regime does not mean they're bad players. Players can come to Detroit where Bob Quinn is putting together the pieces for a dynasty and our coaches will put you in positions to succeed.

Just as a reminder the Detroit Lions bandwagon is still accepting new fans and all are welcome aboard.

tmdorsey

Bob Quinn has been able to find some diamonds in the rough. And we have two great coordinators who are able to put their players in positions to win. I was not excited about the Worrilow signing but he's been a solid OLB and much better than what we had out on the field last season.

Bob Quinn also traded for Greg Robinson from the Rams who stepped in for the injured Taylor Decker and had a hell of a game. This is after he signed Rick Wagner and T.J. Lang to shore up the right side of the offensive line.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/09/lions_grades_cardinals.html#incart_river_index

We have two coordinators in Teryl Austin and Jim Bob Cooter who will probably become head coaches and one of the best offensive line coaches in the league in Ron Prince.

Just because a player does not work out for a previous coaching staff or regime does not mean they're bad players. Players can come to Detroit where Bob Quinn is putting together the pieces for a dynasty and our coaches will put you in positions to succeed.

Just as a reminder the Detroit Lions bandwagon is still accepting new fans and all are welcome aboard.

All jokes aside, it should be interesting game when the Falcons are up there in 2 weeks. I see the potential for a good 'ol shootout between the 2 QB buds.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Can I get a pm? Actually, fuck that, I want an am. I want my rumors hot in the morning. Wait, I would like an fm. Get my hot takes in full stereo.

@AdamSchefter
now
Colts already have ruled out Andrew Luck for Sunday's game against Arizona. He doesn't sound close to playing anytime soon.

WELP

Imagine how good the Colts will be next year with Luck and Darnold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom