• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kFGLEr4.png

Milchjon

Deadspin said:
The NFL is searching for a new Jeff Fisher, now that the actual Jeff Fisher doesn’t have a job. So who in the league coasts off his reputation and underachieves in unprecedented ways? Saints head coach Sean Payton is a good candidate, given that his team’s gone 7-9 for three straight seasons, but the Colts’ Chuck Pagano is making a run for the title by getting his ass kicked by the Rams, 46-9, and then crediting the “49ers” after the game.

Bread

Banned
Players are starting to chime in re: the Texans scandal

Von Miller @VonMiller3 14m ago
Damn man...Texans are cold for what they did smh

Martellus Bennett @MartellThat 2m ago
Owners have no love for players I'm not surprised at all that they did this

Tom Brady @TB12 10m ago
Please stop asking me how I feel about the Texans it's none of your business

Players are pissed

Hustler

David Johnson might be out for 12 weeks? Yikes. Feel sorry for the Cards and all fantasy owners.

I was looking forward to seeing 1000 rush yand 1000 receiving yards.

effzee

Someone with more knowledge can correct me, but while some of it is probably due to the new receivers, a lot of deep ball accuracy comes down to footwork and arm strength. I have to watch the game still but I'm going to bet for a lot of those deep throws he wasn't setting his feet properly. He seems more comfortable scrambling and playing backyard football anyway, which is alright for now. By the end of the year I hope he progresses more as a pocket QB though

I think most of the deep throws were off of playaction plays where either the pocket was collapsing or he didn't set his feet correctly.

After watching the Giants I'm pretty sure the Eagles will win that game. There's NO WAY that offensive line can handle the Eagles base pass rush, so they can just stick double coverage on Odell the whole time. Even if they drop the game to KC they'll have a 2-1 start which would be pretty nice.

Or I can just as easily see them losing both to KC and NYG.

Really need Douglas to step up or for them sign another vet CB. Revis time? Can Kap play CB?

4 times the Eagles ran the play where Wentz turns and passes the ball down the LoS. They got 0 yards and a TO out of it. I really hoped that dougie would rip that page out of his playbook after last year.

Hate that play. Hated it when Reid and then Chip ran it.

Seems to work for many team but you really need good blocking WRs. Wentz is horrible at those throws too.

Agreed except one play they did a screen to Sproles and got 15 yards. But yeah, the screen game isn't working. It's just too slow to develop compared to when other teams do it. The only time it's worked for the Eagles is when they fake a screen one way and then throw a screen the opposite way, like the Sproles screen against the Steelers last year or the Ertz TD against the seahawks that was called back. Hopefully he stops calling them

Yeah he's just not quick at getting them off and sails them too often

On screen...I don't think I have seen them run a traditional screen. It was either all WR screens or playaction or double screens.

They can run screen plays similar to how they did with B Westbrook, with Sproles but they don't seem to set it up.

Lets get to the real news, people:

Paired with Jim Nantz and Tracy Wolfson, ​Romo will also call the following games during the first month of the season, according to CBS:

Week 2 - Patriots vs. Saints
Week 3 - Bengals vs. Packers
Week 4 - Bears vs. Packers (Thursday night)
Week 4 - Raiders vs. Broncos

Packers fans are truly blessed

BigAT

Oh how I loooooooovvvvveee people saying Lamar is too small to play QB
Elisha is 6'4" 215

Lamar is 6'3 210

lol

I would take college measurements with a monstrous grain of salt. They are rarely accurate, often exaggerated. See what he measures at the combine.

This is not me saying that race isn't playing a factor in Jackson's draft profile. Just don't take those measurements as gospel in any way. Plus even if he is only 6'1" or 6'2", he'd still be taller than Brees and Russell.

NO ONE KNOWS AND YET PEOPLE ARE STILL ACTING AS IF THAT'S THE NUMBER ONE REASON HIS ASS AIN'T PLAYIN.

Last I heard he was asking for around 13 million (which is similar to what cutler got - with bonuses )

Lets get to the real news, people:

Paired with Jim Nantz and Tracy Wolfson, ​Romo will also call the following games during the first month of the season, according to CBS:

Week 2 - Patriots vs. Saints
Week 3 - Bengals vs. Packers
Week 4 - Bears vs. Packers (Thursday night)
Week 4 - Raiders vs. Broncos

Packers fans are truly blessed

ugh I love Romo but I don't know if I want to hear him call a pats game. I can't wait for him to call a Dolphins game.

I would take college measurements with a monstrous grain of salt. They are rarely accurate, often exaggerated. See what he measures at the combine.

This is not me saying that race isn't playing a factor in Jackson's draft profile. Just don't take those measurements as gospel in any way. Plus even if he is only 6'1" or 6'2", he'd still be taller than Brees and Russell.

But Brees and Russell are white!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom