• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8-8 dream is dead

8-8 will not die with this.
8-8 will happen damn it

Yeah, but we still have Jabrill Peppers.
*folds arms and smiles
200w.gif

Hope ankle problems dosent become a chronic thing with Myles. Anyone that's watched him in the past and seen him this preseason can see the crazy angles he's able to take.

Quikies83

Seriously... the Chefs are one of a few teams with a real chance to beat the Patriots and give the rest of us a chance at 1st playoff spot. I know the Broncos are the only ones in recent history to do this, but still.
We knocked em 41-14 in 2014 on MNF.
People were saying this was the end of the Pats dynasty... They went on to win the super bowl that year.
We can absolutely beat them... In the regular season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hope ankle problems dosent become a chronic thing with Myles. Anyone that's watched him in the past and seen him this preseason can see the crazy angles he's able to take.

It's so unfortunate both injuries since he's been drafted have been teammates stepping on him.

Hunter S.

We knocked em 41-14 in 2014 on MNF.
People were saying this was the end of the Pats dynasty... They went on to win the super bowl that year.
We can absolutely beat them... In the regular season.
I mean in the playoffs. The Pats rarely lose at home especially against AFC teams.
I am saying you got a chance to win.

Seriously... the Chefs are one of a few teams with a real chance to beat the Patriots and give the rest of us a chance at 1st playoff spot. I know the Broncos are the only ones in recent history to do this, but still.

eh I hate the chefs more than the pats right now (even with them ruining the country) they are Carr's kryptonite

Jmille99

eh I hate the chefs more than the pats right now (even with them ruining the country) they are Carr's kryptonite

But as a Raiders fan, thats understandable. Everyone else not in the AFC West should want to see the Pats go down (and even those in the AFC West) because they are one of, if not THE, top team year after year.

I dont even hate the Patriots, but I would certainly like to see their dominance start to disappear a bit.

MechDX

Texans can beat the Patriots. Vrabels defense is built to beat them. I mean literally built to beat Brady senseless

Just need Savage to be competant which Brock wasnt

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://deadspin.com/roger-goodell-when-asked-about-colin-kaepernick-im-n-1801871895

Roger Goodell, commissioner of the National Football League for 11 years as of this week, was asked on FS1's First Things First if he believes Colin Kaepernick should have a place on an NFL roster.

Cris Carter told Goodell that as a former player, seeing “someone like Joe Webb get signed as a third-stringer in Buffalo” is “disturbing.” When Carter asked if Goodell is “troubled by Kaepernick not being on an opening day roster,” the commissioner said the NFL is “always about meritocracy and opportunity,” adding that he likes to see “everyone get an opportunity—including Colin—but those are decisions made by football people.”

Carter’s co-host Nick Wright followed up on Goodell’s answer, asking him if, after watching Kaepernick play last year, he believed the quarterback was good enough to make an NFL roster.

Goodell replied: “One thing I do as a commissioner is, I don’t make those decisions. I’m not a football expert.” The commissioner added that he’s a huge fan of the game, but he’s not a “football person.”

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In Madden they are LAR and I chuckle every time it comes up on the ticker.

I've seen it listed as LAR and LAC in my recent fantasy football drafts as well. I think it's the new official abbreviations to use.

They didn't bother with that in the past, like when the Raiders were in LA they still used RAI or something like that. Rams were always just LA before they moved to STL.

Rvaan

Banned
Texans can beat the Patriots. Vrabels defense is built to beat them. I mean literally built to beat Brady senseless

Brock was so fucking bad in that game. What a waste of great 1st half defensive performance. Savage plays in that playoff game last year and we make the AFC title game.

jviggy43

Lmao, hows that been working for the texans the last few years? Theyve always had the defense to beat the pats, its never mattered. The offense is bad and unless your DBs can start to play man coverage that matters its not happening.

Sanjuro

I wonder how the alternate history looks where Godslay got his wish and Brock started the rest of Denver's season in 2015.

Planx

I hate Goodell and think that Kaep is being blackballed over his politics, but Goodell is not a football person. He's never played, he's never coached. He's a businessman whose business is a football league. The guy in the stands selling hotdogs knows more about Xs and Os

Be angry that he's giving a weak answer about Kaep and bullshitting about the NFL being a 100% meritocracy instead of him saying he isn't a football person

Sanjuro

I hate Goodell and think that Kaep is being blackballed over his politics, but Goodell is not a football person. He's never played, he's never coached. He's a businessman whose business is a football league. The guy in the stands selling hotdogs knows more about Xs and Os

Be angry that he's giving a weak answer about Kaep and bullshitting about the NFL being a 100% meritocracy instead of him saying he isn't a football person

Does that guy give customers ketchup though?

effzee

Nah its cool to just shit on Goodell and the NFL.

Striker

Brock was so fucking bad in that game. What a waste of great 1st half defensive performance. Savage plays in that playoff game last year and we make the AFC title game.
There were a couple key drops too. One was a would-be touchdown.

Also go Chefs.

WYTS Gatas http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-new-england-patriots-1800674923

Kill me. I’m surrounded by assholes.
We might as well change our team helmet to MAGA hats.
For me, being a Patriots fan sometimes feels like being a nice German person post WW2. Like, I get why everyone automatically assumes I’m a piece of shit. But I’m not, I swear!
After Tom Brady’s suspension was confirmed last year, my Dad, a levelheaded white collar businessman, took to his brand new professional Twitter account to tweet “Patriots Lives Matter.” I convinced him over the phone to delete his account.
I can’t believe Wes Welker died for these people.
With every victory and Super Bowl, there is always that lingering thought in the back of my mind that I am openly supporting everything I hate.
People didn’t throw up where they stood when Belichick tried to start a NO DAYS OFF chant. 1000% of the people at the parade just chanted and hooted despite literally having taken a day off to be there.
An incredible Super Bowl comeback was immediately co-opted by fucking Nazis.
Our top rated morning show made it their mission to call a black man a liar after he hard a racial slur at Fenway Park, and many people on Twitter shared their view of the situation, including Nazi-fetishist Curt Schilling.
We celebrate the racist Irish townies, romanticizing them as true “Bostonians.” We have some pretty good schools and hospitals here you know, but we’d rather be represented by Fitzy McScallyCap, who was thrown out of the Dropkick Murphy’s St. Patrick’s Day concert for the fourth year in a row, and is still pissed they let gay people march in the parade.
When the Pats won, I logged onto Twitter. I’d been avoiding that site since I had gotten dumped recently and didn’t want to pollute the timeline with depressed bullshit. The first thing I saw was everyone retweeting those goddammed Richard Spencer tweets about him loving the Pats, and that’s why rooting for the Pats sucks, even when they make you happier than you’ve been in weeks, someone’s still just gonna call you a Nazi for rooting for them.
Look, I get that to Brady, Belichick and Kraft, Trump is “just a friend”, but if I found out that my friend had a dozen sexual misconduct accusers or had run a fraud college or did 1/40th of the predatory shit Trump has done over 30 years, they wouldn’t be my fucking friend anymore.

I've seen it listed as LAR and LAC in my recent fantasy football drafts as well. I think it's the new official abbreviations to use.

They didn't bother with that in the past, like when the Raiders were in LA they still used RAI or something like that. Rams were always just LA before they moved to STL.

LAR's fun

LAC I'm never going to not see as LA Clippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom