• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

minx

Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals (4:05 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears (1 p.m., FOX)- W

Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals (1 p.m., CBS)- W

Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers (1 p.m., FOX)- W

Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers (12:30 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens (8:40 p.m., ESPN)- W
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants (4:05 p.m., FOX)
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings (1 p.m., FOX)- W

11-5, but I don't think that guarantees a first round bye in the NFC this year. Once we get in the dance I know we can hang with any team in the league.

Shame we only have two nationally televised games this year (Thanksgiving, and MNF at home) being one of the youngest and most exciting teams in the league, while the Jets get the same amount.

You are such a joke character. Sweeping the Bears and the Vikings? Have the Lions ever done that in a season? When was the last time you swept the Bears?

The more I read into Mayhew's comments, the more I am convinced the Lions are going to pick Warmack at #5 or try and coax a team into trading up and then drafting Warmack or Cooper a little later. The team seems really confident in Corey Hilliard or Jason Fox taking over right tackle while Reiff transitions into left tackle. I would be pretty ok with Warmack at 5, especially with the new rookie contracts not fucking a team over for taking a guard that high. But I would be even better if Detroit could swindle a team and take Warmack or Cooper later

knoxvillebiz ‏ @ knoxvillebiz 5m
Jimmy Haslam will make statement to media at 4:00. Will not take questions, according to spokeswoman.

squicken

The more I read into Mayhew's comments, the more I am convinced the Lions are going to pick Warmack at #5 or try and coax a team into trading up and then drafting Warmack or Cooper a little later. The team seems really confident in Corey Hilliard or Jason Fox taking over right tackle while Reiff transitions into left tackle. I would be pretty ok with Warmack at 5, especially with the new rookie contracts not fucking a team over for taking a guard that high. But I would be even better if Detroit could swindle a team and take Warmack or Cooper later

Warmack might not even go in the first round. McGinn's stuff on him is pretty bad

http://t.co/A9oi3Mgwyc

Kacar

Are there any legitimate American Pats and Brown fans? Buncha foreigners that like those teams.

I'm a browns fan from Tennessee.

I still can't believe this is happening to our owner, just more reasons for people to laugh at my sports allegiances.

Save me based Trent Truck.

Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals (4:05 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears (1 p.m., FOX)- W

Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals (1 p.m., CBS)- W

Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears (1 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers (1 p.m., FOX)- W

Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers (12:30 p.m., FOX)- W
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles (1 p.m., FOX)
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens (8:40 p.m., ESPN)- W
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants (4:05 p.m., FOX)
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings (1 p.m., FOX)- W

11-5, but I don't think that guarantees a first round bye in the NFC this year. Once we get in the dance I know we can hang with any team in the league.

Shame we only have two nationally televised games this year (Thanksgiving, and MNF at home) being one of the youngest and most exciting teams in the league, while the Jets get the same amount.

We'll be lucky to go 8-8. We're not sweeping the Bears and I expect to be swept by the Packers. 4-4 by bye week IMO (wins against Minn, Az, Cle, Cin).

Really got riled up by an article on bleacher report predicting the Vikings go 5 or 6 wins next year.

The worst part is that he has most losses being blowouts. And he has us losing to the browns!

No way he drops out of the first. McShay was on the radio just yesterday saying he's the safest player in the draft this year.

Ray Didinger the other day was saying that he is going to be the best player in the draft. I would be shocked if he dropped out of the first.

bionic77

Because of those stupid terrorists I feel guilty insulting the Pats or Patriot fans.

GAF what is an appropriate amount of time for me to wait before I renew my long standing policy of shitting on everything Boston? And doubly so for the Pats.

Sephzilla

The Packers have to sell some more fake stock certificates to their rube fans before they have enough cash for that kind of deal.

I actually don't like that Rodgers is wanting that much money. I thought he'd be smart enough to know that super deals like that end up hurting the team a lot.

Anyone catch this funny little factoid?

Whichever team the Eagles have faced in their home opener for the past 4 seasons has gone on to win the SB.

Opened against the Saints in 09... they won the SB
Opened against the Packers in 10...they won the SB
Opened against the Giants in 11...they won the SB
Opened against the Ravens this past season...they won the SB.

This year our home opener is week 2 against the Chargers.

Philip Rivers to win his first title!

Been Posting this for 2 years now will do it again...

Since 2006 divisions playing the NFC east i have sent a team to the SB..
Colts 2006
Patriots{18-1} 2007
Steelers 2008
Saints 2009
Packers 2010
Patriots{lost to Eli again} 2011
Ravens 2012.

This year we have 2 good contender to continue the streak
Broncos and Packers...

Are there any legitimate American Pats and Brown fans? Buncha foreigners that like those teams.

There's tons, dude. The Browns were a fantastic team thousands of years ago ;) That news reached far to the international with LOYAL fans. It's why this talk of mutiny is stupid.

Grew up with the Old Browns, never completely followed the new ones til 2001 team. While it hurts, you gotta be true to your guys. 1 championship is going to worth 10 of any of your guys. There's been too much suffering of Cleveland sports. Not sure this city can handle one, poor Downtown.

I guess 1 Toronto based CLE fan and 1 European pats fan is enough to make us all foreign.

ha ha.

cdyhybrid

Greg

Because of those stupid terrorists I feel guilty insulting the Pats or Patriot fans.

GAF what is an appropriate amount of time for me to wait before I renew my long standing policy of shitting on everything Boston? And doubly so for the Pats.
Brady is still fair game - use that while you wait!

Fantomex

Well, we do have to keep a level of normalcy around here. I think the hate for the Pats should continue, but maybe we can isolate it to Tammy and Bellicheat for the time being?

bionic77

I actually don't like that Rodgers is wanting that much money. I thought he'd be smart enough to know that super deals like that end up hurting the team a lot.
Rodgers doesn't give a fuck about you, Packer fans, or cancer victims.

Why should he give up that fat stack of cash? And if he takes the hometown discount then who the fuck is going to pay for his harem and island fortress? Is he going to sell stock of himself to retarded GB fans who are most likely too poor to get their McDonalds meal supersized?

And finances aside pride is also at stake. Flacco just got a record deal. For Fraudgers to take less than that hack would be way too much for his prima donna ego to handle.

Wes

venison crêpe
Rogers was asked about former Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings moving to the Minnesota Vikings.

"Who?" replied Rodgers.

Milchjon

You are indeed a real American.

What's with the baseless insults?

;-)

I dare to call myself a real fan. I also like to think that I'm not a bandwagoner, as my allegiance wasn't based on the Pats success, but I'll concede that it was at a time when they were successful enough to deduct about one third of a point for that. And last but not least I'm dumb enough to not realize at first that this should add up to 1.7 if I want to follow my own argument and not call myself 70% bandwagoner. D'oh

Colasante

I thought the Falcons' trade up targets could be Dee Milliner or Dion Jordan, and Jason La Canfora confirms the suspicion:

The Falcons are high on pass rusher Dion Jordan from Oregon and cornerback Dee Milliner from Alabama, sources said. Both are seen as the best at their position by many -- with a considerable drop-off -- and both are acute needs for the Falcons, who believe they are on the cusp of a title and are operating as if they are a player or two away (as the Jones trade evidenced).

But La Canfora also happens to be pretty terrible, so it's possible he's totally wrong.

cdyhybrid

What's with the baseless insults?

;-)

I dare to call myself a real fan. I also like to think that I'm not a bandwagoner, as my allegiance wasn't based on the Pats success, but I'll concede that it was at a time when they were successful enough to deduct about one third of a point for that. And last but not least I'm dumb enough to not realize at first that this should add up to 1.7 if I want to follow my own argument and not call myself 70% bandwagoner. D'oh

I'm just giving you a hard time ;)

squicken

This is such an interesting draft.

To be clear, I was talking about Warmack with FV and others about him sliding before that came out. McGinn's stuff is just more doubt. The sweating thing is strange. One of those things that teams can easily check out, but we have no idea

But yeah, both Thursday and Friday are going to be crazy with the drama. I hope they lock down the "spoilers" from La Canola and Paul Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom