• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Man I don't know about these drafts anymore. The disparity between talent evaluators is growing too much. We need to keep tabs and create a percentage sheet and see what analyst has the best success rate on his calls. I still want my money back for sure things like Glenn Dorsey, Dbrickashaw Ferguson and Vince Young.

Greg

yes!

Sephzilla

Man I don't know about these drafts anymore. The disparity between talent evaluators is growing too much. We need to keep tabs and create a percentage sheet and see what analyst has the best success rate on his calls. I still want my money back for sure things like Glenn Dorsey, Dbrickashaw Ferguson and Vince Young.

Vince Young at least has a winning record as a QB, if I remember right.

squicken

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
Heard @SkyDigg4 is visiting my Nike fam campus ! It would be great to have her be the 1st official #ladymamba rep #mambamentality

About 500 things wrong with this

cdyhybrid

Only if we can get our pick back for Aaron Curry so we can use it instead on...Percy Harvin! Bwahahahaha

Draxal

To be clear, I was talking about Warmack with FV and others about him sliding before that came out. McGinn's stuff is just more doubt. The sweating thing is strange. One of those things that teams can easily check out, but we have no idea

But yeah, both Thursday and Friday are going to be crazy with the drama. I hope they lock down the "spoilers" from La Canola and Paul Allen

Oh, I hope he slides so the Giants can pick him up. And I like evidence pointing him out to him sliding as I pointed that stuff out before for just that reason.

The Giants line got pushed around for three consecutive years, and the big nasty of the line (Chris Snee) hasn't been the big nasty for a while now. Everything I read about Jonathan Cooper suggests that he would be a better fit for the Giants (THEY LOVE TO PULL). However, I think they just need some good old mean nastiness right now, and Mara's comments seems to suggest the same.

I thought the Falcons' trade up targets could be Dee Milliner or Dion Jordan, and Jason La Canfora confirms the suspicion:

But La Canfora also happens to be pretty terrible, so it's possible he's totally wrong.

It will be interesting to see what teams who consider themselves on the cusp are willing to give to teams who suck just to get into the top 5-6 picks.

cdyhybrid

But not probowl because he cheated :(

Pro Bowl is for players who got benched like that center from Green Bay! Our players only got in because the bench warmers like Tammy broke their fingernails and decided not to play.

Well, Shakespeare, King Lear:

NKnDLNe.jpg

Exactly.

How much Ritalin/Adderal did it take for him to graduate from Stanford?

We'll have to ask Worst Harbs since he would've been supplying it!

Talon

He went to Cal, so he's probably got an inferiority complex. He's insecure because he doesn't have a Stanford education that helped him blossom into a fantastic all-around person like Richard Sherman.
He's a NorCal douche bag, same with Brady. But damn can he throw a beautiful football.

It is what it is.

cdyhybrid

He's a NorCal douche bag, same with Brady. But damn can he throw a beautiful football.

It is what it is.

Not everyone can have a Washington Husky gentleman like Chris Chandler or Warren Moon or Mark Brunell leading their team. It's an unfortunate fact of life.

Kacar

Legitimate? As if anyone would choose to root for the Browns by choice?

My dad bought me a courtney brown jersey when I was ten, it was my first ever jersey and secured my lifelong brown lover status.

Him and my older brothers wore Tim Couch jerseys, dark times.

RBH

It took several months to speak his mind, but New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez finally offered an unfiltered opinion this week on last season's Tim Tebow media circus, suggesting the organization contributed to the excessive hype.

Sanchez said the media coverage, particularly last summer in training camp, was more intense than when they reached back-to-back AFC Championship Games in 2009 and 2010.

"I think part of that, too, is ESPN didn't necessarily sneak in overnight at our training camp," he said on FOX Sports Radio in Los Angeles. "They had to get permission to go."

"You can avoid that stuff on your own if you like, in my opinion, but he's a popular guy and people gravitate toward the guy. He's a special person and a heck of a competitor, so people want to know what's going on, but that's all I got on that."

Sanchez said Tebow received more media attention than any player he's ever been around, adding, "I just don't know if it was the best situation for either of us, but you play with the cards you are dealt with and do the very best you can."

Sanchez made his comments Wednesday on the "Petros and Money Show," but the transcript wasn't distributed until Friday. He has known the hosts since his college days at USC and appears on their show periodically.

"There's a bunch of situations for me, personally, I wish I would have played a little better at times, but that's part of playing this game and trying to develop your identity as an offense," he said. "And some of the injuries we sustained prevented us from doing that.

"That's part of the game, too, so we really underachieved as a team."
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...gests-new-york-jets-encouraged-tim-tebow-hype

No real predictions for my Skins, just some general comments. The early bye is helpful IF RGIII isn't ready. The primetime start could possibly indicate that the league has caught wind that he could be ready... #shrug. It seems as tho, they're confident he'll be ready for Week 1 but scheduled the early bye as a means to assist him in being ready for later primetime spots. #shrug

Anyway, I won't predict wins/losses. It's good to have a competitive team, I think we can get 9 wins this year.

Yea I can't say anything but I'll say that I love what looks like a pretty lax schedule leading into an early bye.

Shit gets real after that but you hope RGIII will be healthy.

Sanchez has hit a few bumps in the road (all caused by his teammates and coaching, of course), but I'm glad the Jets are at least giving him one more proper shot at the starting role. Hopefully it won't be long before the Jets realize how important Sanchez is to their future, but if you ask me I think they need to lock him up for the rest of his career right now. And with that I think it's important to note that guaranteed money directly relates to how much success a player has, so the Jets should look to commit as much as possible to Sanchez for as long as he says he'll be able to play.

Of course, as a Dolphins fan I hope the Jets aren't smart enough to realize what they have with Sanchez, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that he is the franchise's only hope going forward.

squicken

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/17/3348309/armando-salguero-love-hard-to.html

-Dolhins notes. Don't love Lane Johnson or Rhodes

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1...top-100-prospects-heading-into-2013-nfl-draft

-Mayock's top 100

Sanchez has hit a few bumps in the road (all caused by his teammates and coaching, of course), but I'm glad the Jets are at least giving him one more proper shot at the starting role. Hopefully it won't be long before the Jets realize how important Sanchez is to their future, but if you ask me I think they need to lock him up for the rest of his career right now. And with that I think it's important to note that guaranteed money directly relates to how much success a player has, so the Jets should look to commit as much as possible to Sanchez for as long as he says he'll be able to play.

Of course, as a Dolphins fan I hope the Jets aren't smart enough to realize what they have with Sanchez, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that he is the franchise's only hope going forward.

Rex leaving him in vs TEN was one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. It's like he was begging to be fired, but then we found out about his wife's tattoo

Dragon

Banned
I am just not a fan of people who sucker punch cancer victims when begging for an autograph.

Especially when they are grandmothers...

But otherwise he is awesome!

But just to summarize, you are a fan of someone accused of sexually assaulting women. Your wife must be proud!

bionic77

But just to summarize, you are a fan of someone accused of sexually assaulting women. Your wife must be proud!
Don't you ever talk about Tebow that way. He is pure and angelic. Unlike your bitch ass demon spawn qb!

And fuck Ben. I am a fan of the Steelers so that means I want him to do well, but he is a douchebag. I would trade him for Tebow in a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom