• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

James Harrison is now a Bungle. Couldn't pass up two primetime games vs Pittsburgh

edit:

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 40m
49ers free agent LB Larry Grant has been suspended for the first four games if the 2013 season for violating the league's PED policy...

to recap

SEA full of too many cheaters to list
Daryl Washington busted earlier
SF now on that train

They have that fear

lol'd

Dutch, what havent you seen. Go watch something good!

I have The Lincoln Lawyer on my 'Teevoo' which I can watch again. Have you ever seen it? I really like it.

You're gonna have to wait.

Browns get first shot at giving the Dolphins the D!

You can have our sloppy seconds.

Sloppy seconds never stopped me before! LET'S DO THIS THANG!

Land of Make-Believe.

Al least we will always have eachother.

And the Red Sox.

Getting this excited at the prospect of beating up on the Dolphins... You guys really are lowering those expectations, huh?

I was more excited for the Browns beating you up. We'll take care of business once again. Good luck to you and the Bills, fighting for second place in the East once again.

effzee

A great LONG article on how and why Chip Kelly is awesome:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ing-breakneck-approach-to-philadelphia-eagles

"It's high energy and high efficiency in everything you do," said Bellotti, who became Oregon's athletic director in 2009, when Kelly was elevated to succeed him. "In meetings, it's not just looking at the play. It's, 'Here's what happened, here's why,' and it's coming rapid fire. And there's competition in everything you do. He did it on the field, but with everything else, too, it's, 'How can get I better? Did I learn something watching that other guy get coached?' It starts with the players. He empowers the players to be the best."

Most impressive to those who visited, in fact, wasn't the offense, but practices that hummed at that customary breakneck pace. This explains why, while so many on the outside saw Kelly as a schematic mad scientist, pro teams were lining up to poach him from the Ducks for his ability as a program builder.

"In the interview, and one of the big things we learned from being with coach (Andy) Reid, is it's not only about offensive or defensive philosophy, it's also about building a program," Eagles GM Howie Roseman said. "And that's in every part of the building: strength and conditioning, how you practice, how you study tape. He's got a very detailed plan for all of those areas. It's exciting as we get started watching it take shape."

"He looks at football, people, relationships, workouts, recovery, sleep, everything in that way. He's trying to develop the total package. It's not like he's saying, 'Let's all jump on one leg.' It's more like, 'Here's what we think is the best way. So let's do it.' "

By the end, Bellotti said, "his practices were a choreographed opera," and the rest of the program was humming the same way.

One reason why: accountability.

"His recruiting ability and his ability to evaluate personnel was continually something where you'd say, 'Wow,' " Bellotti said. "Guys like Marcus Mariota, they can play anywhere in the nation and can be standout athletes, regardless of the offense. The defense is always better than advertised, and part of that is because of the pace, and how they're defending a lot of plays. There was a learning curve for him, too. With discipline, Chip stumbled early. But he righted it, and got the athletes to police the program."

That's the idea, right there. It becomes easier to sell as it starts to work, and if it really works, the players themselves become the salesmen.

Main take away is that its just more than running a particular offense. Its the whole program building top to bottom and how everything is run, practices, film study, nutrition, training, and even down to sleeping.

That is exactly what the Eagles needed. Someone to rebuild the program. I think Gus Bradley will be a fine coach and near the end of the process I preferred him over Chip, but I see now why the Eagles were so intent on getting their main guy. They want someone who can turn the whole program around, not just coach. And I loved what I read about him selecting players knowing exactly what type of players he needed even if they weren't highly recruited. Should help with the scouting for the draft working with Gamble and Roseman.

squicken

That's what I was saying in the offseason when people wondered why Reid and Marrone were getting hired, but top assistants weren't. Owners want coaches or execs with histories of going somewhere that was messed up and fixing it. Or building something from scratch

Most NFL teams have a rotten culture as well as a rotten roster. Lots of assistants who get jobs have no idea what to do in the big chair, and flair about trying to look important. I think the next trend in coaching will be to grab the college coaches who turned things around. Kevin Sumlin wanted the Eagles job, or at least interviewed for it, so after A&M wins the BCS, he'll probably be the hot candidate next year

squicken

Week 1 lines are out

THURSDAY, SEPT. 5

Baltimore Ravens
at Denver Broncos -7.5 (LVH -8.5)
LVH over/under: 49.5

SUNDAY, SEPT. 8

New England Patriots -5 (LVH -7)
at Buffalo Bills
LVH over/under: 53

Tennessee Titans
at Pittsburgh Steelers -6.5 (LVH -6.5)
LVH over/under: 43.5

Atlanta Falcons
at New Orleans Saints -2 (LVH -2.5)
LVH over/under: 54

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
at New York Jets -2.5 (LVH -1)
LVH over/under: 41

Kansas City Chiefs pk (LVH -2.5)
at Jacksonville Jaguars

Cincinnati Bengals
at Chicago Bears -4 (LVH -3.5)
LVH over/under: 45.5

Miami Dolphins -1.5 (LVH -1)
at Cleveland Browns
LVH over/under: 42

Seattle Seahawks -3.5 (LVH -3.5)
at Carolina Panthers
LVH over/under: 45.5

Minnesota Vikings
at Detroit Lions -2.5 (LVH -3)
LVH over/under: 47

Oakland Raiders
at Indianapolis Colts -7 (LVH -7)
LVH over/under: 49

Arizona Cardinals
at St. Louis Rams -4 (LVH -6)

Green Bay Packers
at San Francisco 49ers -4.5 (LVH -5.5)
LVH over/under: 50.5

New York Giants
at Dallas Cowboys -3 (LVH -2.5)
LVH over/under: 49

MONDAY, SEPT. 9

Philadelphia Eagles
at Washington Redskins -6.5 (LVH -5.5)
LVH over/under: 51

Houston Texans -2.5 (LVH -3.5)
at San Diego Chargers
LVH over/under: 47

Hunter S.

No wonder that one Ravens fan got so much anger. His team wins the Super and they still get no love or respect. Looking at the lines.

squicken

Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721
In addition to Larry Grant, Arizona UFA safety James Sanders also suspended today for first four games of 2013 season.

So much cheating in the NFCW. So much fear

James Harrison is now a Bungle. Couldn't pass up two primetime games vs Pittsburgh

edit:

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 40m
49ers free agent LB Larry Grant has been suspended for the first four games if the 2013 season for violating the league's PED policy...

to recap

SEA full of too many cheaters to list
Daryl Washington busted earlier
SF now on that train

They have that fear

he was tested when he was still on the rams but it's just coming out now. fucking cheater rams!

Fantomex

Yo I wanna take a nap now. Stayed up till 2 yesterday. I hope Dutch and Gata calmed down a bit, and lunchbox too. Those guys get riled up easily!

All jokes aside, Gaf goes down a lot yo.

What kind?
Beagle/Terrier mix. Here she is with Mrs. Futurevoid:

ibog7yGgmf9Ipo.JPG

Glad to see Boston PD got the guy alive! Hopefully they can find out the motive behind the bombings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom