• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
What a weird contract, especially for someone that played hardball as much as Revis.

He probably being cocky as fuck and think he's going to see the end of that contract. 2 years max and he gone lol. I guess 32 million is pretty good. And at 29 he can sign somewhere else for a decent contract if he can show he still a top level corner

BigAT

That shit is crazy. Bucs won that deal.

Impossible to say until he's out on the field. Not everyone recovers from ACLs the same. Passing a physical is incredibly different from showing you're at 100% of the talent level you achieved prior to the injury.

squicken

It will be very interesting to see if they have any holdout protection built in. Could be they don't as concession for no guaranteed money

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Impossible to say until he's out on the field. Not everyone recovers from ACLs the same. Passing a physical is incredibly different from showing you're at 100% of the talent level you achieved prior to the injury.
Everyone is AD now. Tear your acl and you'll be even better! Unless you're Derrick Rose.

You could call them the dream team secondary.

c86a88be_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

brentech

I'm not saying that at all.
Not even considering his play really. Just the contract.
He could come back and play like total shit. It's effectively a one year deal. They can wash their hands and be clean of him shortly if it doesn't work out.

mr2xxx

Banned
If he ever dips over the next years they are going to want to cut him or restructure.

They will pay him for at least 2-3 years even if his production dips due to the 1st rounder. They should of drafted a CB instead of getting Revis, but at least they have the money and now there will be no excuses for Freeman sucking.

Dutch isn't just a Pats fan. He has an evil side, too.

FEEERNAAAANNNDDDOOOOOO!

Look at it this way, since I've been rooting for him, he hasn't won a championship. I'm cursed! I'm the new Kave_Man now that his teams are making the playoffs :(.

Joked aside, from EJ Biggers, Leonard Johnson, Ronde Barber, and Mark Barron to this is an upgrade.

Let me put it this way, I wouldn't mind trading secondaries with you.

Eagles still on the clock. Got delayed a bit b/c of Revis trade. If anyone else wants to chime in, do so.

They should draft a tackle, but the 2 guys that you can take at 4 are gone, so I think I join the vast majority here and go with Jordan. Kelly knows what he can do, and can probably use him best way possible.

mr2xxx

Banned
It will be very interesting to see if they have any holdout protection built in. Could be they don't as concession for no guaranteed money

Didn't the new CBA already include holdout protection by penalizing players everyday like MJD. Didn't seem to workout that great but not sure what more you could do.

squicken

Sounds like Jordan is the guy here. I think that's who they should and will draft as well.

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--On the Clock

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Lions should, unfortunately for Green Bay, grab Dee Milliner in this scenario.

I think Tavon Austin would be a great reach here too since Detroit really, really needs to get away from the "Calvin Johnson" offense.

If he's the guy, then he's the guy. The Eagles have a very real need at the position. I think Manuel fits that need. He's also not going to be around when the Eagles pick again. That's why I put it out there.

I can sit here and tell everyone that these qb's aren't worth high picks, but Manuel is a better talent than Gabbert, Ponder, Locker etc. Teams are going to reach for quarterbacks, it's just a fact.
EJ will be there at the end of the 1st or start of the 2nd. That is where they will take him.

I think the Eagles draft Dion Jordan out of what is left. They could go for Geno Smith

I think all the Geno stuff is definitely a smoke screen. I dont see any way the Eagles take him.

squicken

Jets fans will boo the fuck out of whoever they draft. NY media has poisoned everyone there against the Jets, even when they make decent moves.

Colasante

Ziggy Ansah. I'm not entirely sold on him, but he's a good fit for their defense, they need a pass rusher, and Jim Schwartz coached him in the Senior Bowl, in which he dominated. I think the gulf between Milliner and a 2nd round CB is slimmer than that of Ansah and a 2nd round pass rusher.

squicken

The Lions need a WR (insane but they do) DE and CB. I'm just not sure who is worth that here at those positions. I'm also aboard the Ziggy train, but if the draft goes like this, the Lions have to be disappointed

Ziggy Ansah. I'm not entirely sold on him, but he's a good fit for their defense, they need a pass rusher, and Jim Schwartz coached him in the Senior Bowl, in which he dominated. I think the gulf between Milliner and a 2nd round CB is slimmer than that of Ansah and a 2nd round pass rusher.

This is basically what I wanted to say, but I would have said it in shitty English.

It's a good CB class, and they have other needs to fill as well. I'm not all aboard the Ansah hype train either, high boom-or-bust prospect, but with the guys around him on that Dline, he could be dominant. Plus they might be able to grab a guy like that CB from Boise early in the second.

So Ansah has my vote.

Bread

Banned
yay revis is out of the afc east, thanks jets!

tampa bay is probably my favorite team from the nfc, they should be fun to watch.

JABEE

Yeah. Revis basically has $32 Million guaranteed. They aren't going to cut him a year after giving away their first.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'd feel better about Ansah to the Lions if they had kept Vanden Bosch. He's going to need to learn the ins and outs of the position if he's to have long term success.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sounds like Jordan is the guy here. I think that's who they should and will draft as well.

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--On the Clock

Dee Milliner.

I know a lot of fellow Lions fans say go O-line, but eff that. Go Best Player Available strategy, and the BPA is Dee. IMO Dee is the lockdown corner we need so bad. Putting him opposite of Chris Houston with Suh and Fairley rushing the middle will cause nightmares for QBs.

We can get comparable talent to Ansah in the 2nd round. The same can't be said for DB, IMO.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ProFootballTalk
Some good news for the Jets: the 2014 fourth-round pick becomes a third-round pick only if Revis is on the Tampa roster next offseason.

cdyhybrid

Lions forfeit the pick out of pity for the rest of the league since they won't need to use it when Reggie Bush is rushing for 300 yards/game.

squicken

Dee Milliner.

I know a lot of fellow Lions fans say go O-line, but eff that. Go Best Player Available strategy, and the BPA is Dee. IMO Dee is the lockdown corner we need so bad. Putting him opposite of Chris Houston with Suh and Fairley rushing the middle will cause nightmares for QBs.

Are you sure Milliner is the top CB? I have paid no attention to the top guys since STL will only draft for depth, but seems like the Houston guy is at the top of some people's CB list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom