• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
I really hate the grey pants, personally.
Gray looks great as an accent color IMO. Oklahoma State changed their unis a couple years ago and most people were pretty "meh" on the gray options, but it looks great as an accent to other dominant colors.

Even if you don't like the gray, the old Vikes unis were atrocious and needed to be burned.

Gray looks great as an accent color IMO. Oklahoma State changed their unis a couple years ago and most people were pretty "meh" on the gray options, but it looks great as an accent to other dominant colors.

Even if you don't like the gray, the old Vikes unis were atrocious and needed to be burned.
I like it in OSU's case because grey is basically the second color. There's also some black but that doesn't really clash with grey at all. I just think it looks weird when you already have purple and yellow, but that's just me. And yeah, it's not like the Vikings had the greatest uniforms to begin with.

On a semi-related note, I really hope the Dolphins don't incorporate grey or silver into their new uniforms.

I'm gonna be honest..

If I had my way the only way a skill position other than quarterback would even be drafted in the first round is if he was a can't miss with all the tools like Julio Jones. I would be happy to see nothing but linebackers and O and D linemen in the first.

squicken

I think Milliner's still the best cb, Hayden's the best upside but his technique isn't as refined + injury history. Mingo's a good fit, but I don't like Ansah in a 3-4.

So seems like the few who have opined say Floyd or Mingo. Gonna wait until we've got more people involved before narrowing it down, though

edit: The Rams met with Hopkins on Friday and are meeting with him again today. Only guy they have worked out twice, though they are doing a WR tour, like last year

edit2: Every team that doesn't get Joeckel or Fisher should trade their pick in the top 10. But who is trading up for Ansah? Or Milliner? The reason to move out is the reason no one will move up

Draxal

So seems like the few who have opined say Floyd or Mingo. Gonna wait until we've got more people involved before narrowing it down, though

I'm 50/50 on Austin/Floyd, you can use mine as a count for Floyd. But if I were the Browns, this is a TRADE TRADE TRADE situation, you can get a a dlineman/backer almost as good as both in the late teens, and probably get Sheldon Richardson who's probably the biggest need.

I'm 50/50 on Austin/Floyd, you can use mine as a count for Floyd. But if I were the Browns, this is a TRADE TRADE TRADE situation, you can get a a dlineman/backer almost as good as both in the late teens.
Yep. The Dolphins should trade up for Lane Johnson in this scenario and forget about Albert.

If it came down to this with no down option I think it would be Mingo Vs Ansah. Mingos been picking up steam to the Browns for a bit, at first I wasn't for it but it's growing on me. Lombardi in the press Conference almost hinted to the fact that he liked Ansah and said he could play in A 3-4. It's a hard choice for me but I'm going with Mingo to really sure up our Pass rush. Plenty of other good Cbs to be had in the draft that wouldnt have to take one here.
Edit: also I like those new Vikings jerseys, gives me hope for Browns one. Idk about those jags ones though ehh
Double edit: if it played with us getting Austin also wouldnt be mad

Draxal

Yep. The Dolphins should trade up for Lane Johnson in this scenario and forget about Albert.

If we can make trades for this mock. I'd do this.

Browns/Dolphins exchange first Fins draft Lane Johnson, Fins would need to hopscotch over the cards/chargers for this. It makes alot of sense for both teams.

bionic77

Did the Bucs really get Revis for no money guaranteed? If so what is the catch to that deal?

It is hard for me to believe that a player as good as Revis (and he is not even 30) would go for that cheap.

And how can the Jets not afford Revis? They have zero talent on their team.

Under the current salary cap rules do teams even want to sign superstars anymore? It seems like they just want to draft them and keep them for cheap and then gamble them away for some high picks in the hopes they can do it again.

I understand that policy for wide receivers and a lot of positions where the value is not warranted. But I thought that shut down corners were worth their weight in gold in todays league. Valued only after quarterbacks, pass rushers and left tackles.

Draxal

Did the Bucs really get Revis for no money guaranteed? If so what is the catch to that deal?

It is hard for me to believe that a player as good as Revis (and he is not even 30) would go for that cheap.

:buttfumble

Well do we have any Chargers or Dolphins fans to talk about whether they would trade up or not?
I think it depends on what they could do it for. For their first and a second it seems like a no-brainer, but I don't know how much Cleveland would be asking. Plus there's the Albert wildcard. I really don't know what Ireland is leaning towards, though. Given the importance of this year for him he might value Albert's experience more than a rookie's potential upside.

Nightz

Well do we have any Chargers or Dolphins fans to talk about whether they would trade up or not?

Watching interviews with Tom Telesco, he seems content with staying at 11, though he said trading out of the spot was not out of the question. If anything, I bet he'd rather move down than move up since we have so many needs.

Dolphins have a high possibility of trading up, they have a lot of early picks and I can see them packaging a few to move up if they have a guy they really want.

Problem is this is Ireland's call, we are fucked :( Here comes another Jared Odrick!!!

squicken

I think it depends on what they could do it for. For their first and a second it seems like a no-brainer, but I don't know how much Cleveland would be asking. Plus there's the Albert wildcard. I really don't know what Ireland is leaning towards, though. Given the importance of this year for him he might value Albert's experience more than a rookie's potential upside.

That's why I said we were going to do this with no trades. It's too hard to debate a trade w/ compensation and then go on to the pick. The idea was to discuss each team, their needs, and how they should proceed in filling those needs in the first round.

Slo

Minnesota 2013 Vikings Uniform
253711_495826107146498_121566330_n.jpg

:\

carl-eller-jim-marshall-alan-page-gary-larsen-minnesota-vikings-quotpurple-people-eatersquot-signed-autographed-photo-3359915.jpg

Draxal

That's why I said we were going to do this with no trades. It's too hard to debate a trade w/ compensation and then go on to the pick. The idea was to discuss each team, their needs, and how they should proceed in filling those needs in the first round.

Fair enough, Floyd for me but it's an uggggh situation.

eznark

Banned

Under the current salary cap rules do teams even want to sign superstars anymore? It seems like they just want to draft them and keep them for cheap and then gamble them away for some high picks in the hopes they can do it again.

I understand that policy for wide receivers and a lot of positions where the value is not warranted. But I thought that shut down corners were worth their weight in gold in todays league. Valued only after quarterbacks, pass rushers and left tackles.

I haven't seen the deal but I assume that it's similar to Manning's contract. He'll get a huge lump sum when he passes a physical.

I gotcha, I was starting to deviate a bit from the mock draft to what I'd actually like to see in the event of this scenario really playing out. I've got no problem with leaving trades out of this mock.

Okay Kas is banging the table, it's a close vote, so it's Milliner

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--On the Clock

We won't do this one until Wes, Kave, and BlackGhost have had a chance to weigh in. Don't mean to exclude anyone. All voices welcome

This will not happen, I guaransheed it. Staff is clearly in love with Anash and very comfortable with Bill Bentley opposite Chris Houston and Greenwood/Green rotating in at the nickel. Kas is thinking only with what he believes the team needs, not what is likely to happen with Mayhew and Schwartz at the helm. But whatevs, just a mock anyway

squicken

This will not happen, I guaransheed it. Staff is clearly in love with Anash and very comfortable with Bill Bentley opposite Chris Houston and Greenwood/Green rotating in at the nickel. Kas is thinking only with what he believes the team needs, not what is likely to happen with Mayhew and Schwartz at the helm. But whatevs, just a mock anyway

That's what everyone should be doing. I care what you think they should do, not what you think Mayhew thinks they should do

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

That's what everyone should be doing. I care what you think they should do, not what you think Mayhew thinks they should do

If both tackles are gone, take Warmack or trade back, personally. I would be more comfortable with Anash over Millner, too. Cool thing about the new rookie cap is that taking a guard in the top 10 isn't out of the question anymore because you won't have to justify paying a rookie guard $10-$19 Million a year. But again, I digress

KingGondo

Banned
A side note to NFL-GAF: Because of you guys I snagged a 3DS XL this weekend with Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion. I trust the gaming opinions of OT way more than Gaming any more.

Thanks for making me poorer.

effzee

Well if the Jets are rebuilding, and they are, and Rex is only the coach because Woody doesn't want to pay 2 GMs and 2 Head coaches at the same time, it makes sense to trade away one elite player who you would have to pay QB money in order to get possibly 2-3 really good players on O and D including possibly a new QB of the future.

I don't see the benefit of keeping him. Jets aren't going anywhere this year until unless Sanchez completely changes over night and becomes a good competent QB. And even if he did they have no skill position players. They need a severe upgrade at WR and RB. They need to also improve the OLINE.

Pass D was even without Revis actually really good whereas they need help up front.

How much cap space did they clear up by trading him?

If the Jets can get two players like Austin/Eifert and Werner/Mingo in exchange for Revis, I think its a fantastic move.

Also what's with the hyperbole about him now on ESPN and NFLN. Yes he is the best CB in the game and arguably best defensive player in the league though I'd take Watt. But on NFL AM some beat writer claims "quite possibly one of the greatest corners to ever play in history". Um a little early for that no?

Lets see how he comes back from his ACL, how he fits into a new defense, system, and whether he was helped by playing for Rex. But right now its a win win for both teams.

ChanHuk

Banned
A side note to NFL-GAF: Because of you guys I snagged a 3DS XL this weekend with Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion. I trust the gaming opinions of OT way more than Gaming any more.

Make sure you register and get the free game. If you didn't buy your XL from Target, see if they'll price match Target 179.99.

bionic77

If you never had a DS then the system becomes 2x as awesome.

Also don't blame us for you being poor. Either take the blame yourself or blame that black muslim you elected as President. Those are your only options outside of moving to Europe or Canada.

bionic77

Well if the Jets are rebuilding, and they are, and Rex is only the coach because Woody doesn't want to pay 2 GMs and 2 Head coaches at the same time, it makes sense to trade away one elite player who you would have to pay QB money in order to get possibly 2-3 really good players on O and D including possibly a new QB of the future.

I don't see the benefit of keeping him. Jets aren't going anywhere this year until unless Sanchez completely changes over night and becomes a good competent QB. And even if he did they have no skill position players. They need a severe upgrade at WR and RB. They need to also improve the OLINE.

Pass D was even without Revis actually really good whereas they need help up front.

How much cap space did they clear up by trading him?

If the Jets can get two players like Austin/Eifert and Werner/Mingo in exchange for Revis, I think its a fantastic move.

Also what's with the hyperbole about him now on ESPN and NFLN. Yes he is the best CB in the game and arguably best defensive player in the league though I'd take Watt. But on NFL AM some beat writer claims "quite possibly one of the greatest corners to ever play in history". Um a little early for that no?

Lets see how he comes back from his ACL, how he fits into a new defense, system, and whether he was helped by playing for Rex. But right now its a win win for both teams.
Thats the key word here. Possibly. And if you are going to rebuild Revis is still young it would have been easier to rebuild around him. And why rebuild on offense when you are going to have to play Sanchez because of the horrible deal they gave him?

There is no defense for the Jets. They have no fucking clue as to what they are doing.

I normally would feel bad for them, but they betrayed Tebow. So fuck them. I hope they strike out on every draft pick and don't win another game for the next 2 years.

Wes

venison crêpe
Well lets vote between Floyd and Ansah as that seems to be the final two, I think more people have discounted Austin than favoured him?

My vote would be Floyd, the higher grader prospect, and seeking a Rubin trade.

bionic77

I don't know why I am doubting you guys, but for some reason I am very skeptical of Luigi.

If they have a demo I might try that first.

I liked the GC game, but it was so short and the gameplay only got really good at the very end. I remember the graphics being awesome on it though.

Draxal

A side note to NFL-GAF: Because of you guys I snagged a 3DS XL this weekend with Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion. I trust the gaming opinions of OT way more tha
n Gaming any more.

Register the system/ mansion and get 3d land asap.

squicken

Well lets vote between Floyd and Ansah as that seems to be the final two, I think more people have discounted Austin than favoured him?

My vote would be Floyd, the higher grader prospect, and seeking a Rubin trade.

Seems like Floyd has the slight edge on this one. We'll give him to the Bowns.

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--On the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

effzee

Thats the key word here. Possibly. And if you are going to rebuild Revis is still young it would have been easier to rebuild around him. And why rebuild on offense when you are going to have to play Sanchez because of the horrible deal they gave him?

There is no defense for the Jets. They have no fucking clue as to what they are doing.

I normally would feel bad for them, but they betrayed Tebow. So fuck them. I hope they strike out on every draft pick and don't win another game for the next 2 years.

First of all Tannebaum (sp?) fucked the team up royally. Horrible contracts for no reason to Sanchez, Holmes, and even the stipulation for Revis that they couldn't franchise tag him. I think he fell for the words of Rex and thought by now they would have won 2-3 rings. Quite possibly the worst GM in recent sports history.

So because of those contracts and the players value in the market, the only guy you could move was Revis. Sanchez's cap hit this year would be too much to get rid of him. And you can still give him one year to turn it around considering all the other positions on offense I mentioned that they don't have talent at. It also doesn't help that there is no LUCK/RG3 in this year's draft for them to even eat Sanchez's salary and just move on.

They couldn't fire Rex because they are already paying two GMs and would have to pay a new coach and Rex. So basically this season is for the new GM to clean up the mess as much as possible, while both Sanchez and Rex have 1 final year to turn it around or they both are out next off season.

Revis was the only one they could move. And when you have needs and gaping holes at 5-6 different positions what's the point of keeping an elite CB who you have to pay QB money at $16 million a year. They already have a good secondary to which they can add even in the third round this year since this draft is deep in those rounds for quality secondary players.

And I am super glad this happened. Week 1 game should be epic, esp the pick 6 he returns.

Best browns thing Mchay ever said, "cleveland should trade down to 12 grab a 2nd and grab Eifert" would not be opposed this this. Would love it probably.

squicken

The Cardinals are blowing smoke that their tackles got better, and it's not as big a need as people say. But if Lane Johnson is there, that's the pick

KingGondo

Banned
Make sure you register and get the free game. If you didn't buy your XL from Target, see if they'll price match Target 179.99.
I price-matched at Best Buy. There was only one copy of Luigi's Mansion left in the OKC metro, so it's waiting for me at a Best Buy 10 miles away. I'll be registering it as soon as I pick it up to get 3D Land.

Enjoying it so far. Fire Emblem is pretty badass, even though I'm not much of a JRPG/strategy guy.

Fantomex

Telling you man, Gaming side is hella bias. I get better advice from NFL-Gaf, Steam Gaf and NBA Gaf.

If you guys start allowing trades now, it would kind of suck for the other teams that would of most likely traded, like the Lions no?

squicken

Steelers interested in Tyler Bray

The Steelers are not ready to start grooming a replacement for Roethlisberger, who is 31 and entering his 10th season in the league. He has three more years remaining on his $100 million contract. But that doesn't mean they would pass on a talented quarterback who still needs several years of development before he is ready to play in the NFL.

And that quarterback is Tyler Bray, who is only 21 and skipped his senior season at Tennessee to enter the draft.

A lot of NFL teams, the Steelers included, think Bray is the most-talented quarterback in the draft. He is a 6-foot-6, 230-pound pocket passer with a powerful arm who threw for 7,444 yards and 69 touchdowns in three seasons with the Volunteers.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...ng-look-at-qbs-in-draft-684459/#ixzz2RCwTPjYV

I for one am excited for this fan created mock up based on the beat writer that got to see them already.
It's hard to get a good feel for how they would look in real life because of how stylized that mock-up is. I think that's a grey color instead of white? I'm definitely not a fan of that.

And why are you talking to me anyway? I thought I was dead to you?

bionic77

It is weird to say this as a Mac whore, but win7 is nice.

The computer they gave me at work is a piece of shit, but it is still good enough for what I do here and I am loving the 27" widescreen monitor.

I think when I replace our aging mini I might get a small PC for home. I was thinking of an iMac, but now that they don't have a disk drive it might be nice to get a average gaming PC for the home. Especially seeing how fucking cheap they are.

Still sticking with Apple for laptops. The Air is just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom