• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Bills I saw two new mocks (not from nobodies) recently both suggesting it'd either be Nassib or Barkley at 8. I think Geno's bad play in bad weather has turned them off him.
Barkley at 8 would be incredible. I'd rather see the Jets take him at 9 but as long as he stayed in the division I'd be happy.

I made it clear at the end of my post. They need a QB. Nassib is the guy. Don't get cute and miss out on the QB you want chasing value. If it was any other position, I would stay true to absolute BPA. But Kolb isn't a starting QB. They can't risk not getting Nassib
Sure they can. There's absolutely NOTHING that points towards him not being readily available in the second round along with the rest of QB's in this class. It's that kind of reaching that bad teams NEVER learn from.

eznark

Banned
Don't you think the Jets take a look at Austin now since they have 2 high 1st round picks?

Do I think they will? Yeah, absolutely. They are a pathetically run organization who has never been able to understand their needs or build on current strengths. Absolutely they'd take a trendy wide out.

squicken

I think you build off what MIA did with Tannie and Sherman. I don't love any of these QBs, but BUF has to get their QB situation settled. Good to see the spirited debate! Seems it is Nassib or Austin

Draxal

Regarding the Bills I saw two new mocks (not from nobodies) recently both suggesting it'd either be Nassib or Barkley at 8. I think Geno's bad play in bad weather has turned them off him.

That and it was Cuse (Marrone/Nassib) who beat the hell out of WVU in that bowl game too.

I think you build off what MIA did with Tannie and Sherman. I don't love any of these QBs, but BUF has to get their QB situation settled. Good to see the spirited debate! Seems it is Nassib or Austin

Well, they did mention a defensive player as well, it's just none have been volunteered besides Mingo.

Fantomex

You think there's a corner out there worth picking up at 12? Dolphins don't seem too high on Rhodes, and 12 is probably a reach for Trufant, Taylor, or Hayden.

At #12, the OL's are gone, Millner is gone, Te'o is not worth it at #12, Eifert went up against weak competition in his breakout year like Navy and Wake Forrest so hes not worth it. Rhodes at least has the physical specimen thing going for him. Honestly #12 sucks lol. Trade down or send your picks and get Millner #5. Any pick you make at 12 will leave us feeling empty, unless Johnson or Millner fall down. This draft sucks for value.

bionic77

Another Amtrak adventure for you, Rors.

Train just literally went through a brushfire. Flames directly adjacent to the tracks.

Gary, Indiana is burning and nobody cares.
Why did you take Amtrak?

Isn't it still cheaper to fly?

Barkley at 8 would be incredible. I'd rather see the Jets take him at 9 but as long as he stayed in the division I'd be happy.
Does anyone actually think Barkley will be any good?

Speaking of qb's. I really hope the Steelers don't waste a pick this year on a backup qb. It is a need, but we have a lot bigger ones. I would rather take our chances with Batch and the Raiders leftovers than waste a pick this year. Maybe next year if we do well on the defensive side of the ball.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't get shit like this. You have talent and the physical abilities to play this game and you throw it away by being an idiot.

It really is the equivalent of setting a winning lottery ticket on fire. People are idiots all the time. It takes a special kind of idiot to throw away an NFL career.

wilsog2

Neo Member

Sorry have been lurking for the rest of this but now you've reached the Bills my interest is piqued.

I think the QB they want is Barkley, ideally they want to move back and pick up some picks but they will take him here if they have to they will not wait for him to fall to them in the 2nd round.

ESPN is really going all out here. One of my main complaints was how the 4th-7th round coverage was terrible and they'd barely mention the players.

Seems like they're fixing the issue.

Thank god, their late round coverage has been abysmal. They did nothing more than throw up a list of who had been drafted every 30 minutes or so and read the names off.

If it is what they should do, I don't think they should take Nassib. There will plenty of other bad QBs available later. Not sure it should be Austin either though. What are their other needs?

eznark

Banned

There is no QB in this class that I would take ahead of Bridgewater, Fales or Boyd. I'm probably even forgetting guys. Off the top of my head next year just seems so much better. We all know that NFL executives (and fans) have no concept of sunk costs so you can't draft a QB in round one two years in a row. It's impossible to fail fast with a QB essentially. With next years class being significantly better at the top, it makes no sense to reach now. If Nassib is available in the 2nd? Fine, much less perceived risk.

If it is what they should do, I don't think they should take Nassib. There will plenty of other bad QBs available later. Not sure it should be Austin either though. What are their other needs?
A lot of mocks show them taking Cooper, and I've seen a few with Warmack as well. I don't know how I feel about that, though. I'd say go with Austin. There aren't any QB's in this draft that are worth the 8th pick.

Wes

venison crêpe
"With an ode to the rapid increase in picture sharing among younger viewers, the NFL Network will add a heavy photo element to its production. "When a kid gets picked, we will show photos of that kid from childhood to this moment in time,""

I can't freaking wait.

eznark

Banned
"With an ode to the rapid increase in picture sharing among younger viewers, the NFL Network will add a heavy photo element to its production. "When a kid gets picked, we will show photos of that kid from childhood to this moment in time,""

I can't freaking wait.

Still photos on TV! The future is now!!!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I can't freaking wait.

I know I'm not the only person alive with maybe two dozen pictures in existence from my childhood so this may backfire on them.

squicken

There's more no votes than Nassib votes, but Nassib has the plurality right now. Don't want it to go that way.

Sorry have been lurking for the rest of this but now you've reached the Bills my interest is piqued.

I think the QB they want is Barkley, ideally they want to move back and pick up some picks but they will take him here if they have to they will not wait for him to fall to them in the 2nd round.

Welcome! I'm not sure how Barkley would do in that weather, but you can say the same about Nassib as well

Colasante

I still say Nassib. I don't think he's worth the #8 pick but the Bills' biggest need is at quarterback and Nassib will fit their system, and I think it's unlikely he's there in the 2nd round. As ez said, a smart GM would wait until next year to draft a franchise QB, but if we're playing fantasy GMs right now, then we have 94 year old Ralph Wilson screaming in our ear that he needs his franchise QB right god damn now.

Tavon Austin would be a good pick though.

eznark

Banned

That would be totally Bills of them.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sure they can. There's absolutely NOTHING that points towards him not being readily available in the second round along with the rest of QB's in this class. It's that kind of reaching that bad teams NEVER learn from.

As soon as one team takes a qb, all of the other qb-needy teams panic and then start reaching. It happens every year. The good news for those teams is that those contracts no longer destroy your franchise.

I'm ok with the reaching IF the guys in charge are absolutely sold that the rookie qb is the guy. If you believe that qb is going to lead the franchise for years then, by all means, take him. Whenever, wherever, it's worth it. That being said, none of the qb's in this year's draft is a can't miss prospect, but I think that a couple of them have top of the line potential.

squicken

Tavon Austin would be a good pick though.

LJ wants Austin as well. We're going Austin, since we Nassib guys are sort of reluctantly going that way

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--On the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Colasante

Chance Warmack to the Jets. Rex Ryan can work wonders with anyone he fields on defense, so that can be addressed at 13. If he wants any chance to save his job, he needs to go back into the pure ground and pound mentality, which will be a lot easier with Chris Ivory, Mike Goodson, and Bilal Powell than it was with Shonn Greene. Warmack is a stud, and you can just tell his ass is begging to be run into.

Colasante

Wait, some people think the Bills are going to take Nassib at 8?

That's what a lot of recent reports have stated. Of course, this is prime time for smokescreens, but I don't think the Bills are smart enough to ever camouflage their true intentions. Recent word is that it's either Nassib or Barkley with their first pick, whether it comes at 8 or later with a trade down.

Jets supposedly love Mingo. Take him here. There's a better chance of grabbing one of either Cooper or Warmack with their Tampa pick than getting Mingo back there.

I disagree. Titans at 10 and Chargers at 12 both need guards.

Wes

venison crêpe
Jets supposedly love Mingo. Take him here. There's a better chance of grabbing one of either Cooper or Warmack with their Tampa pick than getting Mingo back there.

So their first two picks are going to be 2 of 3 of a guard, Mingo, or Geno? If that's the case I would say Mingo here. Geno with 13 if for some odd reason Chance and Cooper are gone

squicken

Mingo it is

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--On the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom