• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Vikings leak, also courtesy of UniWatch:

CMpSrYh.jpg

Vikes also going with the matte helmet. Looks good, nice and simple. Glad they got rid of those stupid horns on the sleeves and pants.

When everyone expects you to suck, and then you exceed expectations and yet still sneak into the playoffs based upon some bullshit, that makes you into a strong Superbowl favorite.

Now this plan relies on us having more wins than the Browns or Bungles, but if we can somehow pull off that magic trick I like our chances in January and February!

Browns will be tough to beat. Hasslam isn't afraid to break the rules OR the law! A dangerous animal indeed

Vikings leak, also courtesy of UniWatch:

CMpSrYh.jpg

Vikes also going with the matte helmet. Looks good, nice and simple. Glad they got rid of those stupid horns on the sleeves and pants.
Like I said before I love the Matte helmet look, like the Dark purple. Not really feeling the strips on the shoulders though

Colasante

Tajh Boyd? He would have declared this year if he was that good no?

Seems like any of the really good QBs would be crazy not to have declared this season if they could.

He would have been the 1st pick in this draft, easily. I think he just wanted to go back for his senior season, I don't think it was because his draft stock was too low. It had reached a fever pitch when he had an awesome comeback win against LSU in the Chick fil a Bowl.

Two teams so far that have shown some willingness to move up in the draft are Miami and Atlanta.

They want the Dee.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He would have been the 1st pick in this draft, easily. I think he just wanted to go back for his senior season, I don't think it was because his draft stock was too low. It had reached a fever pitch when he had an awesome comeback win against LSU in the Chick fil a Bowl.

The accountant in me rages every time this happens. Don't they teach present value concepts in basic college courses?

Not to mention the risk-reward of playing another year in college. If you're projected to go first, you go to the draft.

Jags uni is alright I guess, helmet is fuggin awful though. Phins uni is nice, still hate that robo dolphin logo though. Vikes are, eh, better than the last mess they were wearing.

Anyone else just watch that J Russell thing on sports center? Not bad, hope he can work hard enough to get another chance. I believe they've also been documenting the whole process online too.

Following up on that Carradine tweet, Pauline's full comment:

Carradine has had a lot of recent contact with Miami and if the Dolphins agree to terms with offensive tackle Brandon Albert, he becomes a real possibility with the 12th selection (Miami could grab a cornerback/tight end in rounds two and/or three). I was told at the Senior Bowl the Giants, who've also had a lot of one-on-one contact with Carradine the past week, rated the Florida State senior as one of the best defensive ends in the draft prior to his injury.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Anyone else just watch that J Russell thing on sports center? Not bad, hope he can work hard enough to get another chance. I believe they've also been documenting the whole process online too.

Tom Rinaldi does some great shit in combination with the ESPN production guys. That was a good piece.

Sanjuro

Why bother releasing those pictures if they are terrible angles?

I want to see the Dolphins before I can officially declare them lolphins.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I just watched Kiper rerank the '07 draft. The Steelers' first and second round picks in the top 10. Need to do that shit again. Just not this year, I'm not sure it's possible.

squicken

What's the thought on Werner? Didn't really watch much on pass rusher, but he looks solid to me from what I saw. Probably won't make any pro bowls, but I think he can start for a lot of teams at LDE

funny sort of evaluation of him

http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/bjoern-werner-defensive-end-florida-state/

Wattsundoppel: Or “Watt’s twin,” a player enough like J.J. Watt to merit obvious comparisons. Werner deflected eight passes in 2012, and his tendency to provide more than just long arms and speed from the edge places him a notch above this year’s other tall pass rushers.

squicken

He's falling because he just doesn't have the explosion.

yeah I don't think he's ever going to be special, but I like guys that bat down passes. It's more than just being tall. It takes anticipation and instincts, which shows up in other areas. Play recognition and all that

Milchjon

We're saving him for New England.

I'm really trying to push that thought away.

I just don't want him to become a Giant.

What's the thought on Werner? Didn't really watch much on pass rusher, but he looks solid to me from what I saw. Probably won't make any pro bowls, but I think he can start for a lot of teams at LDE

funny sort of evaluation of him

http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/bjoern-werner-defensive-end-florida-state/

Oh God...

The Germans would never refer to a Tim Tebow type as a “running quarterback who just wins,” but as a SiegThrowsenLaufenMarshall or something.

:jnc

bionic77

Browns will be tough to beat. Hasslam isn't afraid to break the rules OR the law! A dangerous animal indeed
The Browns are long over due for a playoff run.

This might be the year. But hopefully Ben can own Ohio for at least one more year and postpone the Browns day of vengeance just a little bit longer. The Browns record against Ben is pretty embarrassing.

jakncoke

Banned
Blindly bought a lg optimus dynamic for 80, they arent terrible right? Was going to get a Samsung Galaxy but it was double the price i seen online

effzee

WxWLlN8.jpg

uniform isn't bad, but wtf?

I for one applaud the Jags for this initiative! With the new rule change that runners will also be penalized for leading with the head, the halfway painted helmet makes it that much easier for refs to determine which part of the head was used.

Also I might have to start rooting for the Jags as my secondary team. Have to root for the owner to do well. One of us finally made it!

Milchjon

Soccer reffing is the worst. Replacement level stuff in the Champions League.

But at least it seems like football-like blocking is allowed now.

Greg

Blindly bought a lg optimus dynamic for 80, they arent terrible right? Was going to get a Samsung Galaxy but it was double the price i seen online
I bought a new phone today as well. Just got off the phone with Joy who activated it and complimented my name.

MnOY5KI.png

$9.99

jakncoke

Banned
If I could compare your phone to current NFL team, I'd say you have the Browns.

Well there is simply no way im buying any iphone or anything over 100 for how much Im going to use this. Even right now its a big waste of money.

Edit; I just had one those flip phones. Got fucked over by Verizon because I forgot to get another card for the month and they took all the money that had rolled over on the account(about 65 bucks worth)

Fantomex

Well there is simply no way im buying any iphone or anything over 100 for how much Im going to use this. Even right now its a big waste of money.

Edit; I just had one those flip phones. Got fucked over by Verizon because I forgot to get another card for the month and they took all the money that had rolled over on the account(about 65 bucks worth)

See that's the thing too. If you don't use it that much I totally I understand. I need my iphone for work so I need to open pdf files, check out photos and send back revisions. If it wasn't for that and my addiction to NFL-GAF and Lego-Gaf, I'd be rocking a Motorola Razr still.

jakncoke

Banned
See that's the thing too. If you don't use it that much I totally I understand. I need my iphone for work so I need to open pdf files, check out photos and send back revisions. If it wasn't for that and my addiction to NFL-GAF and Lego-Gaf, I'd be rocking a Motorola Razr still.

I should of stayed with my garbo flip phone, but out of spite I left them. I mean wtf. How ya going to take all that money and not keep it in my account. So now im on unlimited straight talk for 45, thought about international for 60 but then i was like thats probably going to be uber useless waste of 15 dollars

edit; my big fingers and this phone going to have words.. already frustrated at the accident letters

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I won't be satisfied until my phone can project tactile 3D hologram images, stream Netflix, surf the internet using eye movements and can also order pizza with voice commands.

ugh I was worried about Nike getting in on the NFL. College unis look stupid when they do the combat crap

not sensing a lot of enthusiasm for continuing the mock thing. we can stop.

I'm still interested, but there are two problems:

1. The talent is weak. No way the first 20 picks go without a trade. Kind of ruins the authenticity of our mock.

2. Nobody here is going to want to commit to a QB. 20 something picks in and no Geno? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom