• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

I approve this post.

Also:
  • Kave_Man is either a black cat or a dark Russian blue cat...either way he'd have trouble getting around in Mississippi or Alabama.

• All Patriots fans are German especially if they have "Dutch" in the name(and potentially Nazi party members...this hasn't been confirmed)

• Texans fans hate Matt Schaub and would rather have Mark Sanchez.

• Buttfumble is a verb or noun to be used liberally for everything. Such as "I met this chick last night but didn't want to take her to bed and then she ignored me when I texted her the next day. Man, what a buttfumble" or "The Bears buttfumbled when they hired Mr. CFL as a coach". Can also be used in an abbreviation like "That post was a :bfp"

• Any time a Jets fan gets mouthy the slightest bit, post the buttfumble.

• Ari sucks because he's racist and because of him we lost LJ11, who was probably the smartest poster we had. Also because of Ari we ironically call RG3 a "cornball brotha'"

• Also, you don't call Griffin RG3, his name around here is IRG3.

• Buckethead is a Packer fan who makes great threads, has a thing for natural redheads, and is a gigantic hipster.

• eznark is mean to everyone and that's just his way of saying he likes you.

• Harson is mean to everyone because everyone is racist.

• If you're an alt account, never tell Dragon because you'll get banned.

• You'll learn more than you ever cared to about the Giants because Giants fans will discuss nuances of their team for 5 pages in a row

I think that's it.....I probably missed a few things.
wii u sucks
biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttcchhhhh
you people
scam newton
eli derp faces
#sunhilegend

and browns suck dick

Rumour (and only a rumour, as I don't see Lions taking Milliner ahead of one of the three tackles or Ansah personally) has it that Lions have Johnson rated much lower than Joeckel/Fisher. Probably smoke as you say though.

The Lions rating Johnson much lower than the other tackles better not be a rumor. It had better be true. I don't think Johnson looks that good, personally. If Detroit trades beck into the teens and Johnson is there (while Warmack and Cooper are gone), go for it. Until then, not at #5 please

Wes

venison crêpe
The Lions rating Johnson much lower than the other tackles better not be a rumor. It had better be true. I don't think Johnson looks that good, personally. If Detroit trades beck into the teens and Johnson is there (while Warmack and Cooper are gone), go for it. Until then, not at #5 please

Hard to see anything other than Lane Johnson's range being between picks 4 and 7.

Bill Cheaty wants to turn him into a guard.

qb4FzaI.png

I wouldn't even be mad.

Cosell on Manti Te'o:

I think Manti Te’o will be a solid NFL player and we’ll stop there. I think he’s ultimately an inside stacked linebacker who will play in base-personnel packages, not in the sub-packages (nickel or dime). I think he’s best in a confined area.

If you look back over recent years, there have been a number of linebackers that have been better prospects coming out of college than Manti Te’o. That’s the only way you can do it because once guys get to the NFL, many things happen so it’s hard at that point to compare. Looking back, you’ve got James Laurinaitis (Ohio State) who’s been with the Rams for four years; Paul Posluszny (Penn State), a second round pick; Jon Beason (U Miami)…all better prospects coming out than Manti Te’o. This says nothing of Luke Kuechly and Patrick Willis—Manti Te’o is not even in their class. I think he’ll end up having a very nice NFL career and he’ll be a solid, good player. However, I do not think he’ll ever be spoken about as an impact defender.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2013/04/23/greg-cosell-2013-draft-qa-part-2/

cdyhybrid

One thing I've been increasingly aware of in the recent years is that unless you're an elite talent, the system and coaching the draft pick will be playing under is probably the most important part of a draft pick paying off. I think Te'o falls under that category.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have a lot more hope for Tyrann Mathieu than Manti Teo in the long run.

I wouldn't be adverse to Green Bay taking Mathieu in the third for instance.

LJ11

Growing rumors that the Jags and Jets might draft Nassib in the 2nd before the Bills get a chance to, leading to speculation that they'll draft him in the first...

...which is idiotic. I made a post a few weeks back about how early rumors suggesting the Bills trading up to the Niners 34th pick in exchange for their 2nd and a 2014 1st so they can draft Nassib.

This possibility is only strengthening now, and I'm calling it (would've been cooler if I did this weeks ago of course). This is happening on Friday.

LOL

Stick to writing Final Fantasy erotica

bionic77

Final Fantasy erotica?

Sounds hot!

Any of it involving Tifa and that other chick with huge tits in FFX?

Also welcome back LJ11. How long were you gone?

squicken

RotK

I'm giving the Packers Watson. No value in RBs in first for this draft, but they need to get tougher up front. Improving the OL is a start. Texans on the clock, and really, they should consider a QB

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson
18)Cowboys--Crybaby Vaccaro
19)Giants--Cornellius Carradine
20)Bears--Alec Ogletree
21)Bengals--John Cyprien
22)Rams--Justin Hunter
23)Vikes--DeAndre Hopkins
24)Colts--Björn Werner
25)Vikes--Manti Teo
26)Packers--Mxyzptlk Watson
27)Texans--on the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

squicken

Give the Texans Geno Smith.

J/k given them Keenan Allen

idk They really need a QB. If you talk about what is holding them back, it is Schoob. If I were them, I would try and find the best QB that can run that system. Needs to be able to play week 1, and had to be able to throw deep and move well. Seems crazy to take Nassib that early, but maybe?

cdyhybrid

idk They really need a QB. If you talk about what is holding them back, it is Schoob. If I were them, I would try and find the best QB that can run that system. Needs to be able to play week 1, and had to be able to throw deep and move well. Seems crazy to take Nassib that early, but maybe?

Would they really replace him with a rookie at this point? I agree that Schaub has taken them as far as they can go, but it seems like that might be a little drastic.

I think they're happy enough with Schoob and that one kid that played backup pretty decent when Schoob went down.

I see them taking the best WR available.

squicken

Would they really replace him with a rookie at this point? I agree that Schaub has taken them as far as they can go, but it seems like that might be a little drastic.

We can talk about WRs and all that, but who is going to throw them the ball when it matters? Would another WR have helped them beat NE or GB last year?

cdyhybrid

We can talk about WRs and all that, but who is going to throw them the ball when it matters? Would another WR have helped them beat NE or GB last year?

I'm just not sure that shaking up the team and potentially the locker room like that is worth it when we aren't even sure any QB in this draft is better than Schaub.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Agreed. I absolutely do not want Lane Johnson.

Colasante

It may have. They have a playoff-caliber roster right now. I don't see the point in risking it all by drafting a QB that may not even be better than the incumbent.

It may have. They have a playoff-caliber roster right now. I don't see the point in risking it all by drafting a QB that may not even be better than the incumbent.

The devil you know vs. the devil you don't.

I always love it when fair weather Falcons fans start their replace Matt Ryan chest thumping. Yes, let's replace the winningest QB in franchise HISTORY, sounds like a winner of a plan to me!

cdyhybrid

Well I'm alone on the QB thing. Which WR you guys want, Woods or Allen?

Allen's supposed issues/combine numbers don't scare me as much as some others, but I'd go Woods. I think they're pretty close so either one would really be fine with me. My perception may be tainted by watching them in college, though. And to be fair to Allen, Woods had Barkley (and Marqise Lee) and Allen had a waffle at QB.

squicken

I'll go Woods just b/c he has cleaner character and the Texans are picky on that

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson
18)Cowboys--Crybaby Vaccaro
19)Giants--Cornellius Carradine
20)Bears--Alec Ogletree
21)Bengals--John Cyprien
22)Rams--Justin Hunter
23)Vikes--DeAndre Hopkins
24)Colts--Björn Werner
25)Vikes--Manti Teo
26)Packers--Mxyzptlk Watson
27)Texans--Robert Woods
28)Broncos--on the clock

Alright gents, gators, and cats. Time for our Consensus Mock Draft. The idea is that we put ourselves in the shoes of the GM for every team, and pick a player that we feel is best for that team. We aren't trying to figure out what a team will do, but what they should do.

There's no set time limit for each pick. Once we have had enough reasonable and quality debate on a pick, we'll move on. Ideally, fans of each team can weigh in on the fit and needs of the team, but they are just one voice. Anyone with an opinion is encouraged to share. Try to write something a bit more substantial than 140 characters, and be respectful of others (gator). Hope this works out well!

-We are assuming the Revis deals goes through, and includes the #13 pick to NYJ

-We are assuming KC trades Branden Albert to MIA for a second round pick. KC gets a 2nd back but needs a LT, and MIA gets its LT but losses a premium pick

-No other trades. Each team makes its pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom