• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

First Annual Worst Community Consensus Mock Draft I'd Rather Pass a Kidney Stone ...

1)Chiefs--Joeckel
2)Jags--Fisher
3)Raiders--Star
4)Eagles--Dion Jordan
5)Lions--Dee Milliner
6)Browns--Sharrif Floyd
7)Cardinals--Lane Johnson
8)Bills--Tavon Austin
9)Jets--Barkevious Mingo
10)Titans--Jonathon Cooper
11)Chargers--Ezekiel Ansah
12)Dolphins--Tyler Eifert
13)Jets--Chance Warmack
14)Panthers--Sheldon Richardson
15)Saints--Jarvis Jones
16)Rams--DJ Fluker
17)Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson
18)Cowboys--Crybaby Vaccaro
19)Giants--Cornellius Carradine
20)Bears--Alec Ogletree
21)Bengals--John Cyprien
22)Rams--Justin Hunter
23)Vikes--DeAndre Hopkins
24)Colts--Björn Werner
25)Vikes--Manti Teo
26)Packers--Mxyzptlk Watson
27)Texans--Robert Woods
28)Broncos--Xavier Rhodes
29)Pats--DJ Hayden
30)Falcons--Jamar Taylor
31)49ers--DJ Swearinger
32)Ravens--Kevin Minter

Print this out, smear it on your bathroom walls, and feel like a star

You guys think they'll go for a corner? DJ Hayden is still on the board, not sure about his injury situation, if he can get back to 100% he's better than Milliner.

I was thinking they go for DE, possibly take a chance on Damontre Moore if they don't have a problem with his off the field shenanigans, could replace Elvis nicely.

Also Margus Hunt is a freak and still on the board.

Colasante

DJ Hayden to the Patriots. No way he lasts this long, but I'd love the pick. He's my favorite player in the draft.

They need a wide receiver too, but there is no one worth taking here and Belichick has never drafted a WR in the 1st round before. Other possibilities are Jamar Taylor and Desmond Trufant, but Hayden has the best ability to take over shadowing of a team's #1 receiver when Talib leaves next year.

Fantomex

With how much that secondary sucks on the Pats I would think they go with Trufant. But like someone said earlier.

medium_BillBelichickCamera.jpg

It's the same one Cameron is using for Avatar 2.

Striker

Warren Moon on Geno Smith
Warren Moon can relate. In 2006, Moon was the first African-American quarterback inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. When he came out of Washington as the Rose Bowl MVP in 1978, NFL people wanted him to switch positions. Instead, undrafted by the NFL, he tore up the Canadian Football League for six years with the Edmonton Eskimos before getting his NFL shot.

The knocks on Smith don't sit well with Moon.

"It sounds the same as two years ago," Moon told USA TODAY Sports. "It just shows that there are a lot of people in society who have the biases and stereotypes. And most of it is about your integrity or leadership or work ethic — all of these intangible things."

Godslay

Banned
I think CB for Broncos was a bad pick considered we are fairly loaded on them, and the guy won't see the field. Would have went with a DE.

Colasante

I'd take Desmond Trufant.

EDIT: Bullshit. Just draft the severely injured guy anyway!

Hayden's not severely injured. It was a freak accident that usually only happens to car accident victims. There is something like a 95% fatality rate, and if he got to the hospital only minutes later he would have died. But it's not like a back or ankle injury where it's a nagging injury- he's out of danger and medically cleared, so it's a nonissue. There's probably a one in a billion chance of it happening to him again.

Sanjuro

Hayden's not severely injured. It was a freak accident that usually only happens to car accident victims. There is something like a 95% fatality rate, and if he got to the hospital only minutes later he would have died. But it's not like a back or ankle injury where it's a nagging injury- he's out of danger and medically cleared, so it's a nonissue. There's probably a one in a billion chance of it happening to him again.

Not buying it. You just murdered that poor boy.

effzee

US!

:(

I think Kyle Long could be a potential target before EJ too, I'm gonna predict you guys draft none of those players....

Well considering the rumors we could also end up picking up completely different players.

Word is that internally, especially after the recent minicamp, the Eagles like the make up of their OLINE. Honestly it wasn't for the age (three of the projected starters are just above 30) and the fact that both the LT and RT are coming off of season ending injuries, I don't think the Eagles would even be in the market for a Tackle.

Todd Herremans is a Guard playing RT but he actually played well at tackle. Peters, if he comes back 100%, is the best LT in the game bar none. Danny Watkins is a former 1st round pick who, if he bounces back from being in the dog house and plays to potential, is a solid G starter. Evan Mathis was the highest rated G in the league last year. So technically while Vick and Foles were beaten to a pulp it was more due to injuries and Reid's play calling rather than actual lack of talent on the line.

So the Eagles could bypass a tackle in the first round and focus on some of the defensive prospects. And if Dion Jordan is already gone its either pick Star or move down and then look at guys like Austin, Eifert, Milliner, or Mingo. Defense needs a lot of help all around but I think especially at pass rusher/LB in the new hybrid 3-4 they will run.

Kyle Long would make a lot of sense than in the 2nd or even 3rd if he falls back that much. But if they don't think they can count on Watkins they almost have to draft a LT (1 of the top 3), start him at RT, move Todd to G, and then eventually move whoever they pick up to LT when Peters is done.

I wonder if the Eagles trade down to mid first round if they still look at someone like Fluker to solve the RT position? This would still allow them to kill two birds with one stone (Todd back in at G and a potential stud RT), pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, and still possibly move back into the first for Geno or EJ if they want a QB.

Falcons moving up to #3 would be nuts! Has to be for Dion Jordan. How is there OLINE?

effzee

This NFLN "expert" mock is amazing. Irvin took Geno at 2 and now Mayock is calling him out for it.

Its not that crazy. Jags stink and could be ready to move on from Gabbert.

It did throw off the rest of the board completely especially with Luke sliding to the Eagles. I just appreciated the fact that Melissa Stark picked for us. Yummy.

I think CB for Broncos was a bad pick considered we are fairly loaded on them, and the guy won't see the field. Would have went with a DE.

Yeah that's what I thought.

Rumors that Detroit and Raiders swapping picks now so they can take Fisher if Jags don't. Sounds like we'll definitely get some trade down action.

Talon

Falcons moving up to #3 would be nuts! Has to be for Dion Jordan. How is there OLINE?
Good but not great. Baker had his best year last season, but he's dealt with injury issues over the years. Blalock is perfectly average (I personally hate him).

Baker - Blalock - Konz/Hawley/Reynolds - Konz/Hawley/Reynolds - Lamar Holmes/Mike Johnson

I doubt us moving up that high, even with 10 picks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its not that crazy. Jags stink and could be ready to move on from Gabbert.

It did throw off the rest of the board completely especially with Luke sliding to the Eagles. I just appreciated the fact that Melissa Stark picked for us. Yummy.

I think its pretty crazy. Like Mayock said,, the Jags wont be good either way and the QB class is stronger next year. These QB's shouldnt be going until late first round at the earliest.

That wont be what happens because QB's will always go high, but its what should happen.

I wouldnt mind a flyer at #36 picking a QB for the Eagles. EJ Manuel seems like the logical pick there.

I'll crack up if Lane Johnson really goes in the top ten. If Mathews and Lewan didn't elect to stay in school, he'd be the 5th best OT prospect in the draft. Fifth best of a position going top ten? hahaha If this isn't desperation, I don't know what is. Zero talk of this guy all year long.

I think its pretty crazy. Like Mayock said,, the Jags wont be good either way and the QB class is stronger next year. These QB's shouldnt be going until late first round at the earliest.

That wont be what happens because QB's will always go high, but its what should happen.

I wouldnt mind a flyer at #36 picking a QB for the Eagles. EJ Manuel seems like the logical pick there.

You'll have to trade up to our high 2nd to get him since others will be calling!

Colasante

Tom Curran says the Patriots are 'particularly sweet' on WR Robert Woods, WR Justin Hunter, and DT Sheldon Richardson. Of the three, I'd be most excited by Richardson. He'd be an excellent partner to Wilfork.

Good but not great. Baker had his best year last season, but he's dealt with injury issues over the years. Blalock is perfectly average (I personally hate him).

Baker - Blalock - Konz/Hawley/Reynolds - Konz/Hawley/Reynolds - Lamar Holmes/Mike Johnson

I doubt us moving up that high, even with 10 picks.

11 picks.

jbug617

Banned
Tom Curran says the Patriots are 'particularly sweet' on WR Robert Woods, WR Justin Hunter, and DT Sheldon Richardson. Of the three, I'd be most excited by Richardson. He'd be an excellent partner to Wilfork.

I think the lowest Richardson goes is to Carolina

effzee

I would like for the Eagles to take a look at Woods if he is there at pick 35, especially if there isn't a QB Chip is sold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom