• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanHuk

Banned
David Diehl pay cut finally done. Which I figured would happen once Boothe resigned. His salary goes from 4.45 million to 1 million with 200k guaranteed. The Giants cleared about 3.8 million in cap space with the move.

Diehl as a back up for 1 million? I'm good with that.

He took an actual paycut not a pay me guaranteed money later. That's rare.....

I'd be depressed if Bradshaw went to the steelers
Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 38s
Memo to Geno Smith: Thank you for participating in the Browns' pre-draft season.
We have a private workout scheduled for EJ Manuel, is like to see him work with Chud. Don't ruin this for me eagles.
We also have one with Honey Badger, I think he could be a real option for us in the 3rd.

I'd be depressed if Bradshaw went to the steelers

We have a private workout scheduled for EJ Manuel, is like to see him work with Chud. Don't ruin this for me eagles.
We also have one with Honey Badger, I think he could be a real option for us in the 3rd.
I took the Browns to the Super Bowl this morning. Why is it taking them so long?

I took the Browns to the Super Bowl this morning. Why is it taking them so long?
I was just thinking we're gonna have a pretty good Madden team to play with this year :lol
Fred Greetham ‏ @ FredGreethamOBR 6m
# Browns still interested in Brent Grimes as he weighs options between Cle, Dolphins & Falcons per league source @ TheOBR
Get Grimes, and draft me Tavon Austin!

Kacar

I always have a yearly wager with a steelers buddy of mine that the loser pays $50 if the sweep happens.

I told him this is the year.

KingGondo

Banned
I was just thinking we're gonna have a pretty good Madden team to play with this year :lol
Fred Greetham ‏ @ FredGreethamOBR 6m

Get Grimes, and draft me Tavon Austin!
If the Browns can trade back into the teens, draft Austin and get a second out of it, count me in.

Dragon

Banned
Gotta say I'm digging Fire Emblem so far. Finished the first four chapters. Had that pegasus girl get curb stomped by a bow and just reloaded and stopped using her.

Just finished my friends new PC. Downloading his free copies of Infinite and Tomb Raider right now. I look forward to binging on both of them before he gets back from his vacation.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How much should I bid on a job that I don't want, but don't want the client too insulted as to never use my services again?

bionic77

Gotta say I'm digging Fire Emblem so far. Finished the first four chapters. Had that pegasus girl get curb stomped by a bow and just reloaded and stopped using her.
Pegasus riders usually beast later in Fire Emblem games. Usually the characters that start strong will be shit 12 chapters in and the gimps will somehow become Gods if you can max them out.

DOG ALERT!!!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/316722616557776896

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

Love the signing. I have no problem Campbell starting a handful of games, was looking great in Oakland until, yes, the Browns injured him.

Heck, if Weeden can't beat him out, then we know for sure he's not the guy.

Bioshock is heating up.

Really wow-ed by some of the stuff in the game.
So much optional (and awesome) content.

Hopefully it keeps ramping up.

Been playing Bioshock Infinite on the PC I built for my buddy.

Very impressed with the art design. It is shockingly diverse and awe inspiring, I dont say shit like that often.

So far the gameplay feels a lot more basic than I remember in Bioshock. Then again, I'm not too far along yet. I just feel like there isnt as much customization and gun development.

cajunator

Banned
The spring, with all its allergens and cold weather and no football can get FUUUUUUCKED.
Bring on summer. for fuck sakes hurry up Summer.

Milchjon

Damn, Bioshock's ending is on another level.

I probably didn't get everything, but what I got was unlike anything I've seen before in a game.

Must play.

Don't hold me accountable if you hate it :-D

Damn, Bioshock's ending is on another level.

I probably didn't get everything, but what I got was unlike anything I've seen before in a game.

Must play.

Don't hold me accountable if you hate it :-D

I dislike First Person games quite a bit, might have to overcome that to play this. Although I did sorta get the ending spoiled already.

Milchjon

I dislike First Person games quite a bit, might have to overcome that to play this. Although I did sorta get the ending spoiled already.

I thought so too. But if the spoiler was some random sentence some dickwad dropped somewhere, you'll be fine. Even if it was right, it won't make much sense without the context you only get very late in the game.

And even if you knew every nuance of the ending, I'd say it's still worth it.

I thought so too. But if the spoiler was some random sentence some dickwad dropped somewhere, you'll be fine. Even if it was right, it won't make much sense without the context you only get very late in the game.

And even if you knew every nuance of the ending, I'd say it's still worth it.

It was
the explanation of the word "Infinite" and the Booker/Elizabeth relationship.

Even still, It's gorgeous and if I can give Dead Island a go, I can certainly try this.

Milchjon

It was
the explanation of the word "Infinite" and the Booker/Elizabeth relationship.

Even still, It's gorgeous and if I can give Dead Island a go, I can certainly try this.

Hmm, you got a bit more info than I did, but it shouldn't take away from the way it plays out, and the world and gameplay is awesome either way.

Hmm, you got a bit more info than I did, but it shouldn't take away from the way it plays out, and the world and gameplay is awesome either way.

Yah, I never even played Bioshock 1 or 2, nor did I care to. This just looks gorgeous, as does Elizabeth. Knowing what I know gives me different perspective and it intrigues me even more.

Draxal

Peg knights are glass cannons, but you can hide their weakness easily in this game with the pairup mechanic.

Wes

venison crêpe
Why? We finally have our best stable of QBs since the return. He's under contract very cheap and would probably be the best 3rd stringer in the league.

Unless they see a QB later in the draft they like, then by all means.

Exactly. There's no way this new office don't get a developmental project somewhere in the draft. I'd rather cash in with Colt in his final year and get a low pick than have him sitting around doing nothing and, if the rumours are true, being disruptive.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports spoke to scouts and coaches from multiple unnamed teams who attended the Monday Pro Day workout of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o. And none of those folks regard Te’o as a first-round pick.

“Nice player, but not worth a first-round pick. Not in my view,” said an unnamed “AFC personnel man.”

“He’s not a star,” an AFC head coach said. “If I’m taking a linebacker in the first round, I want a guy who can change my defense. Trust me, I’ve been wrong about linebackers before, but this guy doesn’t fit the bill of what I spend a high pick on.”

“[H]e’s not good enough in my view,” an NFC defensive coordinator said.

Per PFT.

I'd take him at #4 in the 2nd round.

Yep, I'm actually looking forward to buying a Madden game for once ;). As an aside I hope the Vita version runs better this year than 13 did, because that is where I'd prefer to get it at.

Why? We finally have our best stable of QBs since the return. He's under contract very cheap and would probably be the best 3rd stringer in the league.

Unless they see a QB later in the draft they like, then by all means.

I'll laugh
and then cry
if we end up drafting Geno anyway.

Yep, I'm actually looking forward to buying a Madden game for once ;). As an aside I hope the Vita version runs better this year than 13 did, because that is where I'd prefer to get it at.

I'll laugh
and then cry
if we end up drafting Geno anyway.

Noooo, you will get PS3 version so we can play ;D
or get it for Vita, doubt I get one. :(

squicken

College star linebacker that scouts couldn't get excited about.

Oh it's an awful contract. He doesn't get TFLs, FFs, or INTs. He's Demeco Ryans. Guess he's a little better in coverage than Demeco ever was. But he had one of the big blown plays of the year when he had two hands on lil' Wussle but couldn't bring him down. Shameful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom