• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Alex Flanagan with the dream job, reporting from Hawaii just because of Te'o.

Looking good doing it too.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
can't stop changing my draft picks.

Oh, and here's Joeckel a couple of hours ago (is he flying to NYC before tonight?)
DhdMBWo.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Brian Billick was just bringing up how it really doesn't seem logical for Michael Lombardi to risk so much (including his job pretty much) for Geno Smith at #6, especially when the previous regime just used a first round pick on a QB last year.

Either way the more QBs that get drafted before the Lions pick at #36, the better. Its going to be great to see which QB lands where though. I honestly see the Jets taking a QB by the second round. I could see them going Nassib, Manuel, Smith or Barkely with their 2nd round pick if any of those four are available.

EDIT: ^Jesus, Joeckel looks like he's an oversized 14 year old :jnc

eznark

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/55648/vikings-packers-in-qb-trade-hotspot

Actually an excellent point from Seifert. By drafting a QB in the first instead of the second a team gains an extra year of control. So, it sort of redefines the value for those tweener guys (like every QB in this draft) since if they pan out it could save millions.

Wes

venison crêpe
@MarkSchwab
The story to end all stories. A 19 Action News engineer has been locked off and is stuck somewhere in Browns HQ.We can't find him. #FreePete

Lonestar

I had Fisher locked at #1 for a week. Bask in my glory.

hope the website reveals everyone's picks at the moment it's locked (& the draft begins). That's how it should be. Creates situations of maximum gloating.

squicken

How many NFL owners would like their GM spending the night before the draft at a CFB Championship game party, and then the morning of the draft at a Presidential Library opening?

Lonestar

Person of Interest.

serious conflict, I mean I could DVR POI, but it's the 1st new episode in weeks and I like watching it live. Maybe I can find a way to find a NFLN stream and watch it at the same time.

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/561

DON'T MISS OUT! LAST COUPLE OF HOURS TO JOIN THE GAF DRAFT PREDICTION THINGY!! SHOW NEOGAF THAT YOU'RE THE KING OF THE DRAFT!

Name = The NeoGAF Draft (Shirtless Edition)

Password = Fatfort (with the capital)

You still have plenty of time to join and make your picks! Help us gain 4 more players so we are the largest private group on NFL.com!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
LOL @ that awkward political battle between Adam Schefter and Christ Mortenson, I'm paraphrasing cause I was talking to someone at the start of the segment:

Schefter: something blah blah blah the two offensive tackles have always been known to be the top 2 picks, but we didn't know what order. The good thing for the #2 pick is there is no income tax in Florida so they'll save money like Revis

Chris (in a voice that sounded displeased and like he was trying to correct Adam): Yeah, but there is a state tax.

Schefter (in a voice that sounded displeased and like he was trying to correct Chris): Yeah.....but no income tax.

It was so awkward because while doing this they were trying to look at the camera, smiling and trying to act relaxed.

effzee

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/55648/vikings-packers-in-qb-trade-hotspot

Actually an excellent point from Seifert. By drafting a QB in the first instead of the second a team gains an extra year of control. So, it sort of redefines the value for those tweener guys (like every QB in this draft) since if they pan out it could save millions.

Yeah I think it was brought up once before in this thread.

So basically you are better of picking Geno anywhere from pick 20-32 then pick 33 and on. Would explain why so many teams would be willing to trade back into the first to select their guy.

Raiders aren't taking Hayden that high, he's only an option when they trade down, depending on how far and who's left. People just automatically assumed "OMG they're taking him at no. 3!!!" Just because they're interested. Even though most people know they're trading down already. Draft day craziness.

I keep hearing Osweiler would have been the no. 1 QB taken if he had stayed in school and come out this year...anyone think this is true? Just curious.

Wes

venison crêpe
If any team drafts Menelik Watson in the first round I shall always support them - unless they affect the Browns of course.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This "Heads Up" propaganda on the NFL Network is a joke. This is all the same shit they told us playing ball as kids with some added rules that will only add more flags and fines to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom