• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
3 years after releasing No. 1 pick JaMarcus Russell, #Raiders are about to trade for his college backup and still won't have a starting QB.

lulz

MechDX

Al didn't die. He transferred his spirit to Jerruh

Fuck Dallas

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
As @SportsTaxMan points out, Tony Romo pays no state tax in Texas so he saves about $1.8 million annually on his $18 mil per year deal

Texas...fuck yeah!.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
3 years after releasing No. 1 pick JaMarcus Russell, #Raiders are about to trade for his college backup and still won't have a starting QB.

lulz
Palmer will be released. If the Cards pick him up, that'll leave the Bills to reach for Geno.

Furio53

I'm a life long Cowboys fan. Personally, I'm glad Romo got an extension. He's a great QB. I've always been a fan, he's never had the supporting cast (especially on defense) to be able to get more playoff wins. Sorry haters, but it's the smart move.

I don't really remember EJ Manuel being anything special in college except when Florida State would fall on their face every year. Is he actually a decent prospect?

He's got the tools. Seems like he isn't headcase.
Yeah he seems to have all the tools, and he's a bigger bodied Qb. I like to see Chud work with him after working with Cam. EJ or Matr Scott are the only Qbs I'd want coming out of this draft for the Browns

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

lulz
:lol

MechDX

I'm a life long Cowboys fan. Personally, I'm glad Romo got an extension. He's a great QB. I've always been a fan, he's never had the supporting cast (especially on defense) to be able to get more playoff wins. Sorry haters, but it's the smart move.

original

Furio53

I'm totally serious.
I know I'm in the minority, as people love to hate on Romo. i see it very similar to the Dirk situation with the Mavs. He'll get it done when he has the supporting cast. 5 starters out on D last year was killer. As well as Romo having to scramble after about 1.5 seconds every pass play.

That's true for this year, but I think this is about throwing Palmer's dead money onto the pile and getting out from under that contract going forward. Palmers cap hit would be $17.335 million in 2014, and McKenzie wants no part of that. If this goes down, we gotta be getting close to $50 million in dead cap this year

makes no sense to give up draft picks for fucking matt flynn. id rather roll with pryor.

KaYotiX

Banned
Once again my facebook cowboy super fans are loving this deal LOL.

My wife (huge cowboys fan) hates it lol. Really dont see how they could justify that kind of money for him, yeah he has great stats but in high pressure situations he crumbles.

I'm totally serious.
I know I'm in the minority, as people love to hate on Romo. i see it very similar to the Dirk situation with the Mavs. He'll get it done when he has the supporting cast. 5 starters out on D last year was killer. As well as Romo having to scramble after about 1.5 seconds every pass play.

I doubt he will ever win, just on the fact that the NFC is just a beast conference.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm totally serious.

Have fun never winning anything :)

Furio53

I doubt he will ever win, just on the fact that the NFC is just a beast conference.

Yeah that's true, the NFC is super tough right now.

I think the smartest thing was this deal gave dallas some cap space to hopefully fill in some holes. But for the love of god, get romo some decent offensive lineman. A safety would be good too. Pretty sure Woodson was the last good safety Dallas had.

KaYotiX

Banned
damn, Aaron Rodgers must have the biggest grin on his face right now.....he's going to ask for majillions.

Rodgers deserves a good contract. I just hope it doesnt kill the rest of the team trying to pay Rodgers in the long run.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tony-romo-choke-artist-or-not/8831/

This is not true. He is actually very clutch as long as the game isn't on national TV

Wow, now Cowboys just need to figure out a way to play on PBS on Tuesday nights for 16 games and they will make it to the playoffs

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stupid Jerry Jones just screwed Detroit. Stafford's deal is going to be huge.

Guess it's payback for the Roy Williams trade.

cajunator

Banned
WTF. I came back from church to find that Romo signed a huge deal. Not like it was unexpected but LOL.

But its fine because that keeps him on the Cowboys doing what he does best! Romo is a damned entertaining QB to watch.

Also, asparagus and ham is one of the best lunch snacks ever.

WalterFootball:
March 28: Both Nate Ulrich and Ryan Lewis of Ohio.com have the Browns selecting Dee Milliner. "If the Browns don't pick him here, they'll likely target a pass rusher. Also, don't be surprised if they try to trade down," Ulrich wrote.
so weird to me seeing this guys name being quoted. I actually know him and im in a annual fantasy football league with him, were we conduct a live mock draft. i guess he was in the press conference when chud introduced too

Was Tom Brady a better QB from 2001-2006 or 2007-2012?

2007-2012, where he made it to 2 SB's without using cameras to do it. I really dont get why you defend Romo so much. He is a very inconsistent QB who is now grossly overpaid. The fact that he has played in the NFL so long and had so little success speaks to his short comings. At some point the QB has to take some of the blame. The one constant over the year with the Cowboys has been him, other guys have come and gone, and yet the team fails every year and Romo is always there doing something stupid at the end.

squicken

2007-2012, where he made it to 2 SB's without using cameras to do it. I really dont get why you defend Romo so much. He is a very inconsistent QB who is now grossly overpaid. The fact that he has played in the NFL so long and had so little success speaks to his short comings. At some point the QB has to take some of the blame. The one constant over the year with the Cowboys has been him, other guys have come and gone, and yet the team fails every year and Romo is always there doing something stupid at the end.

Well, I'd argue that another constant is bad coaching. I'm not saying he's better than Aaron Rodgers. He's a top 10 QB year after year. He's not why they struggle. He deserves blame for some of those late game chokes he has had, but I think what is overlooked is how much better he makes those around him. His offensive line is straight shit right now. He was dodging free rushers all game vs WAS. Almost every play was him improvising in the pocket and trying to make plays.

We look at guys every week who shit their pants when there's pocket pressure. Guys like Romo, Ben, and Luck who can handle it are really hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom