• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

10083_564172833615140_893756823_n.jpg

I'd have the same reaction.

Fucking loser QB gets paid half a hundred milli guaranteed? Oh well more ammo against the relatives

cdyhybrid

Brady was better before '07. He had bums off the street at every skill position those years. Moss and Corey Dillon and Co. masked his descent into mediocrity for a few years.

Also cameras.

Godslay

Banned
So looks like Jerry Jones is entering Al Davis senility territory.

On that note, looks like we are not going after Teo. Fine with me either way. I wanted a DE in that spot, and I fascinated by Moore combined with Miller. A couple of Aggies working together? Sounds good to me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I usually defend Romo when people say he sucks but that game against Washington in Week 17 with the playoffs on the line was inexcusable.

i read the flynn trade is the raiders/seahawks swapping 4th's this year and oakland gives them a 5th next year. no confirmation from schefter or anyone legit yet though

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
i read the flynn trade is the raiders/seahawks swapping 4th's this year and oakland gives them a 5th next year. no confirmation from schefter or anyone legit yet though

Such a small price to pay since Flynn is probably better than any QB in the draft if the hyperbole is true.

"The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because all talks were to remain private, said the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers are atop the list of Palmer's preferred new employers."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rizona-cardinals-san-francisco-49ers/2037117/

lol wtf would we want with carson palmer? i mean i guess i wouldn't have a problem with it if he comes extremely cheap. veteran backup is always a good thing to have

squicken

lol wtf would we want with carson palmer? i mean i guess i wouldn't have a problem with it if he comes extremely cheap. veteran backup is always a good thing to have

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 21s
With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.

or that haha

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 21s
With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.

or that haha
Poor LJ. Bills taking Geno.

EDIT: No way in hell the Cards were going into the season with Stanton as the starter.

squicken

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
On the Romo contract, the true full guarantee is $40M. He gets $26.5M in 1st yr of deal, $57M in 1st 3 yrs. He gets $40M in 1st 2yrs of deal

#hero

jakncoke

Banned
How is he getting so much money in his first year when Cowboys have less cap room than 50% of gaf make in a year? Or did I miss some moves that freed up a lot of room, even then it wouldnt be that much/confusedlikecromartienaminghiskids

Tamanon

Banned
How is he getting so much money in his first year when Cowboys have less cap room than 50% of gaf make in a year? Or did I miss some moves that freed up a lot of room, even then it wouldnt be that much/confusedlikecromartienaminghiskids

Signing bonuses are spread over several years for the cap.

jakncoke

Banned
Also I was thinking about this earlier but didnt post, is the nfl the only league that doesnt guarantee all the contract yet makes the most money of the major? kinda funny how that is

I'm sure he'll be fine. It's not like he struggled to score against terrible Big 12 defenses in warm weather for most of the year or something.
:)

Bills have an immense amount of holes to fill at the moment and the team could use some line building and talent infusion. A high first round pick on a "maybe" prospect seems a waste. No guarantee they'll go that direction either but it just seems like the most obvious fit. LJ has a great post up about it here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50926749&postcount=502

On the Palmer front:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 38s

Would be a surprise to people around the league if Oakland QB Carson Palmer winds up in Arizona. A real surprise.

Milchjon

:)

Bills have an immense amount of holes to fill at the moment and the team could use some line building and talent infusion. A high first round pick on a "maybe" prospect seems a waste. No guarantee they'll go that direction either, LJ has a great post up about it here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50926749&postcount=502

Man, I really wish he'd just come back. I think your thread, while well-intentioned and well done, suffers from the apparently limited amount of posters with really deep football knowledge. It's mostly people asking the wise sensei questions. Sure, others contribute (specifically squicken and you), but in the end I think it looks like a failed experiment. Bummer, because I thought it was a great idea and well executed.

Oh well, if LJ keeps it up, this is still the second best solution...

Man, I really wish he'd just come back. I think your thread, while well-intentioned and well done, suffers from the apparently limited amount of posters with really deep football knowledge. It's mostly people asking the wise sensei questions. Sure, others contribute (specifically squicken and you), but in the end I think it looks like a failed experiment. Bummer, because I thought it was a great idea and well executed.

Oh well, if LJ keeps it up, this is still the second best solution...
Season hasn't started. I'd like to see where it goes when there's actively games every week to review and discuss. Hard to gauge whether the experiment has failed just yet, IMO.

I wonder how Palmer wouldve ended up if the Steelers didnt break his knee.
Highest paid Athlete in the the world, thugs.

Jak you know you guys are gonna have to start planning for the future at Qb soon. Bens at Weeden levels of age.
This post is a official endorsement for #TeamCampbell

I wonder how Palmer wouldve ended up if the Steelers didnt break his knee.

first off they would've won that game. whether they would have gotten further than that i don't know but i have to believe the bengals would have been at least somewhat serious contenders for the next couple years after. not sure they would've won the division with a good steelers team there but i think they would've been a wildcard team at least and who knows from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom