• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Team speculation...

I think and hope that Fox will buck his tendencies for the next two years and play to win. In Gase we trust.

You have to remember that Flacco and the Ravens were essentially eliminated with 30 some odd seconds left in that game. A lucky bomb (which should have been covered) by Flacco saved their season. If anything it was atonement for our sins of leaving Tebow (miraculous victory in OT over Steelers, repaid by miraculous victory in OT by Satan's Squad).

Fox certainly played a part in that loss, but ultimately the guys on the field have to make plays.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

176HomersEnemy-copy.jpg

sorry browns fans :(

I think and hope that Fox will buck his tendencies for the next two years and play to win. In Gase we trust.

You have to remember that Flacco and the Ravens were essentially eliminated with 30 some odd seconds left in that game. A lucky bomb (which should have been covered) by Flacco saved their season. If anything it was atonement for our sins of leaving Tebow (miraculous victory in OT over Steelers, repaid by miraculous victory in OT by Satan's Squad).

Fox certainly played a part in that loss, but ultimately the guys on the field have to make plays.

That one play made Flacco 100 million dollars richer.

Godslay

Banned
That one play made Flacco 100 million dollars richer.

In a way I'm glad we lost last year. It would have been too easy, and even though it would have been great to win it all, it wouldn't have felt earned. When the Coughlin Jags knocked the Broncos dick in the dirt the year before the Superbowls, it was a reality check. Either wake up and play to your capabilities and demolish teams or slink away into obscurity and mediocrity.

Those Broncos responded well, and I hope these Broncos have the same character under Peyton. They may never win the Superbowl with this team, but they can't let the likes of Lucky Joe Cool tie a wrapped up game in the 4th on a hail mary. At least lose trying to win, if that makes sense.

I just took the Browns to the Super Bowl. Don't feel bad.

Big deal, Baltimore has taken the Browns to the Super Bowl twice!

I'm sorry Believeland. <3 u

As for who's window is shut, somebody has to come out of the busted AFC. Steelers/Pats/Ravens have just a good a chance as anyone. Steelers look old and the Ravens look different but with this deep draft and their front offices I see them picking a lot of solid 2013 starters. Pats still get at least one more automatic AFC East bye. Just got to get in then roll the dice. Obviously Broncos are the favorite and I could see the Colts pulling a shocker. Maybe Texans get lucky and Schoob gets quietly taken out back and Alex Smith'd letting Yatesmania run wild. You gotta stay positive!

Yeah..and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Godslay

Banned
Big deal, Baltimore has taken the Browns to the Super Bowl twice!

I'm sorry Believeland. <3 u

As for who's window is shut, somebody has to come out of the busted AFC. Steelers/Pats/Ravens have just a good a chance as anyone. Steelers look old and the Ravens look different but with this deep draft and their front offices I see them picking a lot of solid 2013 starters. Pats still get at least one more automatic AFC East bye. Just got to get in then roll the dice. Obviously Broncos are the favorite and I could see the Colts pulling a shocker. Maybe Texans get lucky and Schoob gets quietly taken out back and Alex Smith'd letting Yatesmania run wild. You gotta stay positive!

Yeah..and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Superbowl champions are always the favorites, unless a bunch of guys retire, etc. With Flacco at the helm, it's always a dreamteam.

squicken

:jnc[/spoiler]

Pats aren't done. Steelers probably are. Hard to see the Vikes back in the playoffs

The thing is, it's hard to know who is in their window and who isn't. I find it's so much easier figuring out who will suck vs who will be good. Who saw SF being one of the best teams in 2011? Or Seattle in 2012?

Superbowl champions are always the favorites, unless a bunch of guys retire, etc. With Flacco at the helm, it's always a dreamteam.

I'll feel comfortable calling Ravens "favorites" if two very important pieces (McClain and Webb) of our defense can actually stay healthy for an entire year. We were underdogs (and ugly ones at that) til the moment the confetti fell.

True that about Flacco though! I hear Elvis is real excited to finally play with a QB who can get him past the divisional round.

Godslay

Banned
I'll feel comfortable calling Ravens "favorites" if two very important pieces (McClain and Webb) of our defense can actually stay healthy for an entire year. We were underdogs (and ugly ones at that) til the moment the confetti fell.

True that about Flacco though! I hear Elvis is real excited to finally play with a QB who can get him past the divisional round.

The pieces are still in place, and with all the jerking off over Newsome, they are still viable favorites. If you guys trust in Newsome so much, you wouldn't be managing expectations.

Likewise if every offseason move has improved your team, they should be a dreamteam like Arthur Jones said. Can't play the underdog role anymore, when every move has improved a team that won a Superbowl. It just doesn't work that way.

As far as Elvis, good for him. Elway was right in that he was overpaid, and it obviously made him butt hurt. He turned down more money from the Broncos, which is fine. He will finally get his chance to play for a dreamteam and win a Superbowl with Flacco. In fact, I can't wait to see him get after Peyton, and live in regret for not hanging on to him. Such a shame really.

squicken

lol tony banks being the king of the 96 class

97 wasnt much better, jake plummer being the class of that one

I don't know if we got spoiled by a few years of obvious #1 picks at QB, or if this year is just an aberration. But both KC and Oakland are basically passing on these guys, and if AZ goes with Palmer, so are they

I still think that Kolb would be a below average, but not awful, QB in the right system. I think he's a definite upgrade over Schoob

he wasn't that bad with the cards last year when he was healthy. but the guy can't stay healthy. he lost his job on the eagles because he couldn't stay healthy and the same in arizona. he can be an ok backup somewhere but he can't be depended on to be a starter

squicken

he wasn't that bad with the cards last year when he was healthy. but the guy can't stay healthy. he lost his job on the eagles because he couldn't stay healthy and the same in arizona. he can be an ok backup somewhere but he can't be depended on to be a starter

But all things considered, I think he lasted about as long as anyone could in AZ. The line stabilized towards the end of the year, but early on, it was a joke. I think the Rams hit him on every pass play and had 8 or 9 sacks. They should have fired Whiz after that game for incompetence. Total failure to adapt

edit: 7 sacks for STL. MIA sacked him 8 times the week before

But all things considered, I think he lasted about as long as anyone could in AZ. The line stabilized towards the end of the year, but early on, it was a joke. I think the Rams hit him on every pass play and had 8 or 9 sacks. They should have fired Whiz after that game for incompetence. Total failure to adapt

yep, it's not all his fault. i was shocked (and pleased!) when the cards took michael floyd in the 1st round last year with so much o-line talent just sitting there. i mean what the fuck? just baffling

squicken

yep, it's not all his fault. i was shocked (and pleased!) when the cards took michael floyd in the 1st round last year with so much o-line talent just sitting there. i mean what the fuck? just baffling

If they draft Barkely at 7, it's two free wins a year for the next 3 years. If they address the OL, it means they might finally be getting smarter

bionic77

The Ravens like the Steelers don't handle success well. Both are much better as the underdog.

I don't think you guys even get to 9 wins.

effzee

@Jeff_McLane: #Eagles and 6-7 WR Ifeanyi Momah agree to terms on a three-year deal. Momah played collegiately at Boston College.

Know nothing about this dude and never heard his name before but this makes 2 WRs in a row that Chip has acquired who both have size.

Another thing Reid never went for. This dude might just be a camp body especially since as of today with this guy we have 13 WRs on the roster but its refreshing to see the Eagles pursue a guy this tall. 6'7!

Whether they keep him or not, with improved emphasis on size and hopefully the running game I think our redzone horrors might be over.

effzee

I wouldn't say he lost his job simply cause he couldn't stay healthy. Vick can't stay healthy either. Kolb just sucked. Handed the franchise to him for no reason other than Lurie didn't want to shell out big money for another contract to McNabb, not because he earned the job. Vick's 1-2 good performances gave him the starting job and the franchise over Kolb. Had Reid and the coaching staff had any confidence in him he would have taken over when Vick got hurt for 3-4 games that very season (10-11).

Milchjon

Holy shit Bioshock Infinite.

How far?

It gets even better. I couldn't help but start a second playthrough. I like it even better now because I use vigors a lot more, and because I know how to priorize the things I buy.

Seriously, take advantage of vigors wherever you can, makes it (even) easier. And much more fun.

How far?

It gets even better. I couldn't help but start a second playthrough. I like it even better now because I use vigors a lot more, and because I know how to priorize the things I buy.

Seriously, take advantage of vigors wherever you can, makes it (even) easier. And much more fun.

About an hour or so but man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom