• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big deal, Baltimore has taken the Browns to the Super Bowl twice!

I'm sorry Believeland. <3 u

As for who's window is shut, somebody has to come out of the busted AFC. Steelers/Pats/Ravens have just a good a chance as anyone. Steelers look old and the Ravens look different but with this deep draft and their front offices I see them picking a lot of solid 2013 starters. Pats still get at least one more automatic AFC East bye. Just got to get in then roll the dice. Obviously Broncos are the favorite and I could see the Colts pulling a shocker. Maybe Texans get lucky and Schoob gets quietly taken out back and Alex Smith'd letting Yatesmania run wild. You gotta stay positive!

I actually kind of wish the Steelers were old. Outside of 3/4 of their starting secondary (and there's good odds that Troy will be out of the lineup at some point), the rest of the team is filled with unproven and underwhelming 20 somethings. Other than that there's Foote at 32 and Kiesel at 34. It'll be interesting to see if either of them maintains starter status throughout the year. And Plax becomes the senior citizen for the offense, but there's no way he's in the starting lineup. I think it will be the first time in a long time that guys who get drafted have realistic chances at playing early and often.

I just don't see any way that Austin is there at 16. If he's there at 15, everyone will know that's who STL wants, and will try and trade up if they really want him

Yeah I mean that is the thing about mocks. Predicting the trades is impossible. On draft day, desperate teams will start reaching for QBs and playmakers. Hell TRich jumped up draft boards in the weeks leading up to the draft and ended up third overall. I doubt Austin is there at 16, but I do hope him or Patterson are. We lost our top 3 offensive players, and we need to replenish.

Who did you guys use to replace Aaron Smith? Was thinking about that wrt to SF, and how hard it is to replace such a good DE

If it is a stud TE, like any position, its cool to take in the first.

I mean, we got Kyle Rudolph in the second and a lot of people would say he'd get drafted in the first for sure if everyone went back.

You wouldnt take a Gronk or Jimmer in the first?

I get what he's saying though.

If I were a GM I would never draft a RB in the first. Hell, knowing what the team knew at the time I probably would have passed on AD. You can get 1st round quality at some positions very very deep in the draft.

Wes

venison crêpe
Saw this somewhere. For the most part seems about right? By no means perfect though.

fanspeak-2013nfldraft-team-needs.jpg

Saw this somewhere. For the most part seems about right? By no means perfect though.

Pretty spot on for the Vikings. I would say Safety is fine for now but its one of those things where there could be a sizeable improvement but most teams can say that about a couple of their shored up positions.

Striker

For Giants, switch Tackle to Guard and remove Running Backs. I think both Guard and Tackle both will have brand new starters next year, primarily LG and RT, but I think at least for now they have somebody in line to compete against Diehl for the RT job in James Brewer. For now the guard spots are both locked in and it's unlikely any rookie comes in and wins it. And running back has Andre Brown who just needs to sign his tender and he's a lock for a roster spot, and they have David Wilson in the other spot.

Needs are definitely at CB, DE and OG/OT though. I can possibly see a linebacker chosen in the later rounds, though, as Reese has done several times before. Tight end probably taken way late too, as they have both Myers/Robinson penciled in.

jakncoke

Banned
You wouldnt take a Gronk or Jimmer in the first?

Thats not a good what if because we already know how good they are. We dont know if dude will be good + have heath miller + steelers have lots of holes.. so how is drafting a te in the first a good idea?

I get what he's saying though.

If I were a GM I would never draft a RB in the first. Hell, knowing what the team knew at the time I probably would have passed on AD. You can get 1st round quality at some positions very very deep in the draft.

Id have no problem if we were minus Heath and didnt have tons of needs.

We need to destroy in this draft...

1974 sequel !

also da fuck at your face its like you are taking a derpy shit or something

harSon

Banned
Thats not a good what if because we already know how good they are. We dont know if dude will be good + have heath miller + steelers have lots of holes.. so how is drafting a te in the first a good idea?

Id have no problem if we were minus Heath and didnt have tons of needs.

1974 sequel !

also da fuck at your face its like you are taking a derpy shit or something

I was making fun of a string of friends who kept posting pictures of themselves making the duck face look over facebook haha

harSon

Banned
I was just thinking about putting your face on a Drake Album or gif, but I see you beat me to it :p

It was my facebook profile picture for a week... My friends and I have a rule that if someone successfully messes with your facebook, you have to rock said change for a week :/

harSon

Banned
so this is how you choose to spend your weekends hmm

This was from a luao themed birthday party a few weeks ago, and I decided to go as Polamalu. I need to get pictures from my friend when I was fully in costume. Had the wig, jersey, leis around my neck, grass skirt around my waist and legs, etc. Was legit! Supposed to be in San Bernadino right now for a concert, but my boy's car didn't start up this morning and mine is still at the mechanic from an accident I was in last week :| At least I'm not in San Bernadino right now though!

MechDX

Sign up for my insurance benefits from my new job Friday morning.....develop an abscessed tooth that evening. Benefits don't start until Monday......FML!

Somehow this is all Schaubs fault!

harSon

Banned
Sign up for my insurance benefits from my new job Friday morning.....develop an abscessed tooth that evening. Benefits don't start until Monday......FML!

Somehow this is all Schaubs fault!

Tooth pain is the worst. I can deal with other pains and aches no problem, but even the mildest tooth pain gets to you.

squicken

Adam Schefter &#8207;@AdamSchefter
Bills and former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb finalizing a deal tonight that will give Buffalo one more starting-caliber QB.

effzee

Bills and former Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb finalizing a deal tonight that will give Buffalo one more starting-caliber QB.

Wait I might have missed it but who is the other starting caliber QB?

Did they sign someone else?

jakncoke

Banned

kolb and jackson fighting for starting gig right now, somewhere wanderingwild, lj and whoever else is a bills fan made a liquor run and a current shortage in their respective cities

Wait I might have missed it but who is the other starting caliber QB?

Did they sign someone else?

i assume they are talking about tavaris jackson

effzee

kolb and jackson fighting for starting gig right now, somewhere wanderingwild, lj and whoever else is a bills fan made a liquor run and a current shortage in their respective cities

i assume they are talking about tavaris jackson

Can't be. Tweet read starting caliber.

squicken

I think this is now another team we can scratch off using a top 10 pick on QB. All of these teams are looking for bridge guys as they build up everything else. Jags and Brownies are the last teams that might, and I really doubt CLE will

Wes

venison crêpe

Has Kolb become an agent? Who is the starting caliber QB he's helping the Bills sign?

Edit: oh I see this joke was made already. Damn it phone!

jakncoke

Banned
Can't be. Tweet read starting caliber.

Well Kolb is barely starting caliber as is!

Wiki lists only

Aaron Corp and Tavaris Jackson so has to be Jackson

edit; jesus christ my cousin and his friends all like 10 drinking energy drinks, should be age restricted

effzee

I think this is now another team we can scratch off using a top 10 pick on QB. All of these teams are looking for bridge guys as they build up everything else. Jags and Brownies are the last teams that might, and I really doubt CLE will

Makes sense.

I mean for the Eagles I think the thought might be the same. Build up the lines and whatever else they can this year. Then use Vick/Foles for a year to see where things are. Draft from a much better class next draft.

Plus what's better than reaching for a so so prospect in the first? Letting him slide and grabbing him in the 2nd round! A lot of these guys might still end up going to the Bills, Browns, Jags, or Raiders but not till the 2nd round.

On the Eagles front I am utterly fascinated by reading about all the things Chip is doing to change the culture. They reassigned locker room spaces. Not by positions anymore but seemingly random mixing young and veteran players regardless of position groups.

The work out room has been completely changed. Some stuff has been removed to make room for some new training material. Ex Marine/Navy Seals trainer is leading the training program to whip everyone into shape. Oh and they have a nutritionist he brought over from Oregon to go over the diet.

Don't know if these kind of changes are the norm with any new head coach but this is the first time I am hearing of this stuff in the NFL.

squicken

Don't know if these kind of changes are the norm with any new head coach but this is the first time I am hearing of this stuff in the NFL.

I have no idea what will work and what won't. There are some things that NFL players just won't go along with. But I like that Chip may alter the thinking of the league, though I don't really care for the no huddle all the time. I don't really like what the up tempo offenses have done to CFB

edit: Jags fans seem convinced they are taking Geno, and that rest of the league knows it, hence all the movement. He's the only top 10 QB I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom