• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
My one image review of G.I. Joe:

iNf3tTXNP1hiO.gif

How is it compared to the first?
It's better than the first but then that's like saying someone kicked you in the stomach instead of your testicles. Shit still hurts.

Lack of Sienna Miller in tight leather with jet black hair means points immediately deduced as well.

Milchjon

It's better than the first but then that's like saying someone kicked you in the stomach instead of your testicles. Shit still hurts.

Lack of Sienna Miller in tight leather with jet black hair means points immediately deduced as well.

The first rocked.

I admit, I am the reason Hollywood sucks. But hey, at least I get to enjoy it.

I'd prefer them not wasting precious dumb film budget on more Avatar though. They should make 50 B-movies with that money and it still would've been spent more sensibly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just finished Metal Gear Solid 4......my face has been rocked. Absolutely amazing in every way. It's probably viewed as over acted and outlandish but I loved the plot the whole way. I can see how people thought Metal Gear was finished because they really answer everything.

Of course I finally get to go see what all the trailers for the next installment are about and it's just a bunch of prequels. Ugh....

The first rocked.
I tried to come up with an appropriate image/gif to respond to this. Nothing I picked could convey the pure confusion this sentence has created in my brain.:)

I got dragged to the second one because my wife wanted to see it and she has a thing for Byung Hun Lee. I wanted to leave 20 minutes into it.

Milchjon

I tried to come up with an appropriate image to respond to this. Nothing I picked could convey the pure confusion this sentence has created in my brain.:)

I got dragged to the second one because my wife wanted to see it and she has a thing for Byung Hun Lee. I wanted to leave 20 minutes into it.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I think I was drunk out of my mind and I fell asleep halfway through it. But I still remember it as a great movie.

They're taking Paris apart, for chrissake, how can it not be awesome.

I feel like my nationality requires that I actually point out that I'm not serious about that last part

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Zangief in the bad guys meeting bugged me. The Red Cyclone is a hero to millions of Russian children.

He's a bad guy in the lore though right? I mean, he's definitely no Ryu.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I think I was drunk out of my mind and I fell asleep halfway through it. But I still remember it as a great movie.

I feel like my nationality requires that I actually point out that I'm not serious about that last part

Hey Hitler saved Paris!

cajunator

Banned
I just watched Wreck It Ralph with my kids. Pretty good.

It is a charming little movie. Quite fun. Good nostalgia.

I liked Wreck it Ralph, it was awkward watching it though because i was the only adult there without kids

Wreck It Ralph has a ton of gaming in-jokes that todays kids would have no clue about or reference to. It is as much a show for adults who grew up with gaming as it is for any little diaper shitter.

Well, they
destroy London in this one while Zartan plays Angry Birds. No, I'm no kidding.

Milchjon

Hey Hitler saved Paris!

Is that true?
I realize I have pretty much no clue about the war. We learned plenty about the Holocaust, much about the way the war started, and for some reason (I think our teacher wanted to show off) tons of details about failed assassination attempts.
I have almost no idea about how the actual war played out, beyond the absolute basics.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is that true?
I realize I have pretty much no clue about the war. We learned plenty about the Holocaust, much about the way the war started, and for some reason (I think our teacher wanted to show off) tons of details about failed assassination attempts.
I have almost no idea about how the actual war played out, beyond the absolute basics.

Yeah being the artist he was, he did everything in his power I think to save the city in 1940 from any damage. Not sure of 1944 though, Albert Speer ignored most of his crazier orders to destroy stuff because he was thinking ahead to the future West vs. Soviet conflict.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ex-Gaffer Chris Kluwe is on the newest Girl on guy podcast (Aisha Tyler podcast), for some quasi football talk (as well as videogames and other nerd things)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ex-Gaffer Chris Kluwe is on the newest Girl on guy podcast (Aisha Tyler podcast), for some quasi football talk (as well as videogames and other nerd things)

Can you call someone an ex after one night of posting? I mean, I'm sure Big Ben doesn't call all of those chubby coeds "exes".

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 47s
Here's how much Bills wanted Kevin Kolb in Buffalo: Staff spent last weekend with him, then hosted Kolb in BUF on Thurs and Fri to visit.

They aren't drafting a QB

edit: Never knew Crabtree had such issue with Alex

"I hate to talk about it. But you have the starting quarterback and a couple of weeks later, he's the starting scout-team quarterback," the 49ers receiver said on the Rich Eisen podcast (which is well worth a listen). "And he's taking all the snaps with the scout team. It was kind of crazy to see."

Smith and Crabtree have had an uneasy relationship. In 2010 Crabtree intimated that he preferred Troy Smith's go-for-broke approach to Alex Smith's more conservative one. He also seemed to resent the fact that he broke his foot before the 2011 season while taking part in an lockout practice organized by Alex Smith. Earlier this week, Crabtree said on NFL Network that Kaepernick "trusted me more" than Smith, which is why his statistics were better later in the season.

Crabtree said the team's locker room was initially in turmoil after Jim Harbaugh tapped Kaepernick to start in New Orleans Nov. 25 over Smith, who had recovered from the concussion that gave Kaepernick his first start a week earlier.

"You had guys on Alex Smith's side, guys on Colin Kaepernick's side," Crabtree said. "I was on the winning side
... You can't beat the guy who was hot. Kap was hot. As soon as he came in, even though we lost that game - I think it was a tie, that game - he came in and it just went up from there. We were scoring that many more touchdowns. We were just going every drive it seemed like. ...We had like a triple threat with Kap's feet, the passing game and the running game."

Crabtree said the locker room division went away when Kaepernick showed what he could do on the field. "I think Kap kind of won everybody over by winning," he said. "Everybody loves a winner, you know. ... First it was up in the air, then you find out who's your quarterback. And you've got to ride with him because he's your quarterback. I don't know, man. Like I said, it was crazy in the locker room for a little bit.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...-divided-49ers-locker-room.html#storylink=cpy

Here's how much Bills wanted Kevin Kolb in Buffalo: Staff spent last weekend with him, then hosted Kolb in BUF on Thurs and Fri to visit.

Kolb isn't exactly a step up from Fitzgerald

squicken

Kolb isn't exactly a step up from Fitzgerald

I disagree. I think Fitz is a bit of a coward as far as QBs go. He simply didn't want to get hit. Rushed all his throws. Off his back foot. Gave no fucks

Kolb is a below average NFL starter that can be functional is a quick passing game. AZ was a much better team when he was healthy. That's obviously his huge flaw, of course

eznark

Banned

Is spending three or four days with a guy unprecedented or something?

bionic77

Just finished Metal Gear Solid 4......my face has been rocked. Absolutely amazing in every way. It's probably viewed as over acted and outlandish but I loved the plot the whole way. I can see how people thought Metal Gear was finished because they really answer everything.

Of course I finally get to go see what all the trailers for the next installment are about and it's just a bunch of prequels. Ugh....
I got that game for free with my PS3 but my asshole friend borrowed it and then moved with my ticking game (to Texas) so I never got to play it.

PS3 launch seems forever ago. I remember being blown away by that dirt racer and Uncharted. Both seem like crap now. Gears was also pretty awesome when it came out. That was the one game that made me think about an Xbox for awhile. Don't think that games impact was ever topped on Xbox. Probably can say the same for Uncharted 2.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kolb deal final. 2 years 13m. I had no idea they were going back to the K Gun in Buffalo. Interesting

Well, fuck. We can still draft a QB. Guess Kolb is as good as anybody still left out there. We kinda need somebody to hand off to CJ, so fuck it.

He's a bad guy in the lore though right? I mean, he's definitely no Ryu.

Hey Hitler saved Paris!

Straight from the Street Fighter wiki:

Despite his short temper, Zangief has shown himself to be rather gentle-natured with a good sense of humor at times, once entering a tournament partly to win the admiration of a group of school children. According to the instruction manual of Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition for the Sega Genesis/Mega-Drive, Zangief is described as being "good natured, with a great sense of humor, and totally fearless."

bionic77

how do you know he doesn't?
Ben is so drunk when he goes hogging that in his mind they are virgin supermodels.

Not sure what he thinks of them when he wakes up naked in a the women's bathroom covered in vomit. He is supposedly a devoted husband now but I believe that as much as Rex Ryan believers Sanchez is a franchise qb.

squicken

Well, fuck. We can still draft a QB. Guess Kolb is as good as anybody still left out there. We kinda need somebody to hand off to CJ, so fuck it.

What do you know about the return of the K-Gun? Seems pretty interesting. Conventional wisdom is still that the QB needy teams will either draft their guys in the second round or trade up to the bottom of the first to get their guy

bionic77

I want a redzone threat more than a speedster on the outside. A giant target that just gobbles up TDs inside the 10.

I feel like you can get a speed guy in later rounds and coach him up.

And more than a receiver I would rather get a pass rusher. Someone with a good motor that disguises all the plays that Woodley takes off. But I guess you sometimes have to take the best guy available for a need.

squicken

Before Patterson? The Rams might want the big receiver.

They ostensibly have that in Brian Quick. If they drafted Patterson it would essentially mean they have given up, or hedging big time, on Quick's development. Unless they think they can coach up both guys and turn them into Roddy White and Julio Jones

I think both guys will be gone. With the QBs not going in the top 10, the board sort of slides up. Florio posted a story today that pretty much every Rams fan had already concluded. The whole NFL knows the Rams need WRs. So New Orleans is going to sell #15 to whoever wants to jump STL. NOLA needs a lot of new bodies, so will gladly trade down

Just started watching Chernobyl Diaries. Please tell me the blond gets naked.

Edit: Movie was meh. Had the blond chick gotten naked it would have rated 1/2 star higher.

Brinbe

man, definitely lol'd @ the Bills signing Kolb... that franchise will just never get it. I'm so sorry LJ.

I disagree. I think Fitz is a bit of a coward as far as QBs go. He simply didn't want to get hit. Rushed all his throws. Off his back foot. Gave no fucks
YOU JUST DESCRIBED KEVIN KOLB HAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom