• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are all these haters going to do when we finally start winning? Maybe they'll all jump on the bandwagon :p
Whenever that may be ;3

If you guys can improve your line, I think Palmer will actually be pretty good for you. People forget he didn't have a running game or any decent weapons at WR and was running a Greg Knapp offense.

He is of course a known whiner and quitter and will probably throw a tantrum and demand to be traded if you guys don't make the playoffs this year.

Yeah I meant to add that we have far better weapons for him to throw to which will help. Ultimately, I don't see him here long anyway unless he has a second coming ala Warner. The one negative could be if there's a real deal QB early in the next draft and we win too much to get him, yet still miss the play offs. That's a possibility but right now we are a better team starting Palmer than Stanton and with improvement at OL, could surprise people. Now I just wait for the draft to see if that latter part happens.

ChanHuk

Banned
Palmer just has to chuck a jump ball to Fitz, that'll be the Cards new offense.....that is if they can actually hold a block for a 4 step drop.

I expect Floyd to make some strides this season and Housler to continue his development as well. Both will be solid play makers with Floyd having the potential to be great. Will be nice when he can take the heat off of Fitz which I'm hoping will be as soon as this season, hopefully by the mid point.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Patriots will get revenge on the Browns this year.

3921.gif

No.

You know what I remember most about this game? Lunchbox being so incredibly bitter the whole everning.

I wish I was here to see that. :(

The Patriots went on a roll and didnt lose the rest of the regular season.But the fucking Jets had to mess it all up.Good thing the Jets are ruined now with the Tebow Curse on them.

Wes

venison crêpe
Evan Silva ‏ @ evansilva 6m
PFW on Geno Smith: "Does not command respect from teammates, cannot inspire. Needed to be coddled in college - cannot handle hard coaching."

wee-bey-gif.gif

squicken

This Geno thing brought out the white knights, but they are kind of getting slammed by a lot of the football guys I follow. I mean character is huge on players. Of course scouts look for that. The Texans don't even send their scouts out to do in game evaluations. They go to schools for background info and do all the evaluations off of tape

edit: Brownies, why is Tony Grossi already salty at owner, GM, and coaches who haven't even been in Cleveland for a year?

edit2: Skeltor released

Wes

venison crêpe
Brownies, why is Tony Grossi already salty at owner, GM, and coaches who haven't even been in Cleveland for a year?

He's being largely kept out of the loop. Lack of insider interviews and what not compared toprevious regimes. He feels as if he's deserving of more inside news. He confronted Lombardi at the owner's meeting to attest to that fact but was ignored.

squicken

Eric Weddle's agent is saying he got traded. Dunno if April's fools or not. would be an odd joke

edit: for his fantasy football team. Some people don't understand how it AFD works

Wes

venison crêpe
Does snes work for nintendo? He's trying to sell me on the fact that the Wii U isn't a dead system.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I didn't trust my broham BlackGhost when he said Grossi was full of shit but slowly over the year I started to learn that.

Dude is always bitter on twitter, has been much more so once Lombardi came on.

squicken

He's being largely kept out of the loop. Lack of insider interviews and what not compared toprevious regimes. He feels as if he's deserving of more inside news. He confronted Lombardi at the owner's meeting to attest to that fact but was ignored.

Has to learn is place. Media needs the team more than the team needs anyone in the media. Once he starts saying how good Weeden is, I'm sure he'll get some insider news

To add to this, he was fired from his job with Cleveland's newspaper over remarks on Twitter about Randy Lerner and while he's been bitter in the past, it seems like he's been on a whole new level since then. Even though that regime is completely gone.

Exact response from Booms tomorrow

BUT COLT WASNT GIVEN A FAIR SHAKE AND WAS RUN OUT OF TOWN, HIS 21 STARTS AND 3 YEARS WASNT ENOUGH TIME TO DETERMINE IF HE SUCKS OR NOT

I think Booms is just a master troll. Theres no WAY he can actually believe some of the shit he spews. I'm wondering if he'll have to take it down a notch now that 92.3 is the official home of the Browns.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Grossi's a tool. Look what he did to get fired from The Plain Dealer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...l-tweet-gets-grossi-removed-from-browns-beat/

ESPN Felt bad and hired him so he could keep trolling. He's funny for a laugh though.

To add to this, he was fired from his job with Cleveland's newspaper over remarks on Twitter about Randy Lerner and while he's been bitter in the past, it seems like he's been on a whole new level since then. Even though that regime is completely gone.

Haha I didn't know about all this.

BlackGhost you were right!

I'm sorry brosef!

Except Gamecube had a good amount of games worth playing whereas the Wii's library sucked dick. I am not encouraged for the Wii-U at all. Didn't fool me this time, Nintendo!

Slo

I'm soooo glad I didn't get my kids a 3ds. They used to play their DS's non stop, but I bought them $200 tablets and both the Wii and the DSs have been abandoned since Christmas. Nintendo can go fuck itself.

Gobias

Banned
I know I'll buy a Wii U soon, at least when the price inevitability drops again.. Just got to wait for 3D Mario, Zelda or Metroid. Nintendo games are pretty much the only games I look forward to anymore.

And I'll play the 3DS non stop when Animal Crossing comes out. I should probably get Fire Emblem too.

Except Gamecube had a good amount of games worth playing whereas the Wii's library sucked dick. I am not encouraged for the Wii-U at all. Didn't fool me this time, Nintendo!

Wii had some really great Nintendo games. Super Mario Galaxy 2 might be the best 3D platformer of all time. Worth the purchase of a Wii alone.

Kiryu

I'm soooo glad I didn't get my kids a 3ds. They used to play their DS's non stop, but I bought them $200 tablets and both the Wii and the DSs have been abandoned since Christmas. Nintendo can go fuck itself.
LOL. 3DS is better than DS actually.

Wii had some really great Nintendo games. Super Mario Galaxy 2 might be the best 3D platformer of all time. Worth the purchase of a Wii alone.

Where we disagree is that a handful of good first party games justify buying a system. It's not even about money to me, I just feel insulted that a company fails so spectacularly at garnering third party support that I have to literally wait for sequels as the only games worth getting. Also that they put so little effort into creating real games for actual gamers. It's nauseating how many bullshit gimmicks are lined on game store shelves under the Wii. Galaxies were great, Zelda TP, DKCR was nice, Super Paper Mario, and I personally enjoy the Broken Sword series so getting the director cut of the first game with more content was awesome. That's about it. I'm sure MP3 was good, didn't play that though. So we have a handful of first party games with one outsource and one third party that's a port with a little added content out of the systems entire life span. Wii was an utter failure for me and this is coming from someone that owns every major Nintendo console ever made except the Wii-U.

I know I'm not alone when I say that Nintendo just doesn't know what they're doing anymore and are incapable of hosting hardware and cultivating adequate external support. I hope for the day that they go the route of Sega and only make games. That is where their strength lies, the one thing people think of when Nintendo rolls through their mind. Who thinks of Nintendo hardware specifically? It's the first party games. So just do what you're good at and make games for systems that are relevant. Exception being hand helds where they still corner the market.

Gobias

Banned

Oh, I know the third party support was shit. But it was pretty shit on the GameCube and N64 too. I don't know if Nintendo would work better as a strictly game company though. I mean Sega has made a ton of bad games since going third party. I just don't want that to happen to Nintendo games.

ChanHuk

Banned
snes about to have a stroke right now in chat, poor guy.

What has Sega put out recently that's good? While I absolutely adore Valkyria Chronicles, its from 2008, surely they put out something in a 5 year span that was of equal quality.

Oh, I know the third party support was shit. But it was pretty shit on the GameCube and N64 too. I don't know if Nintendo would work better as a strictly game company though. I mean Sega has made a ton of bad games since going third party. I just don't want that to happen to Nintendo games.

Yeah it's always been somewhat of a problem but I've looked at my game collections and been surprised at how many quality third party games I owned on each system. Far far far more than the Wii. Nintendo has more successful IPs that they already just milk sequel after sequel for. There would be literally no change, just that the games come out on better tech then ever before.

Edit: I meant follow Sega route of only developing games. I wasn't commenting on Sega's success. They have indeed been a massive disappointment since going this route. I don't think Nintendo would make the same mistakes as I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom