• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Man watching "Hey Rookie: Welcome to the NFL" so much promise in these rookies.

Watching Stafford in that game against the Browns. He is crying so much after that big hit.

squicken

Mortensen said Seahawks looking at Vince Young as a backup #dreamteam

edit: FV I just really like Hilton. Thought he looked great even in the preseason. As long as DHB doesn't stunt his development, fine by me. Really excited for Colts offense, but must fix the line. Allen, Luck, Fleener, Hilton all getting another year together, they will be pretty damn good

squicken

Colts and Dolphins

#DreamTeams013

Colts are probably a year away from contending with Indy and NE for AFC. Dunno enough about MIA.

Saw this and kind of agree. First 6, in some order, are Joeckel, Fisher, S Floyd, D Jordan, G Smith and Milliner. After that, who knows?

edit: Phil Savage makes a good point I had forgotten. Lombardi is a size/speed guy. He'll love Rhodes from FSU if they can't get Milliner

How many of you got the belt/something else as kids?

I did and I was probably better off. Right now I think parents are taking the whole "my child is awesome, teachers fault, society doesn't understand, my little fucking angel" approach.

I did and I was probably better off. Right now I think parents are taking the whole "my child is awesome, teachers fault, society doesn't understand, my little fucking angel" approach.

I never really got hit with a belt.I was a good kid,didnt get punished much.

bionic77

Yelled at and spanked when really small. That was enough to keep us in line.

Belt seems a bit much. But it's easy to say you won't do it until the day your son comes home in a new Patriots jersey...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think physical discipline is a fine thing when done properly, I plan on using it on my children.

Without even looking, I'm sure most of OT GAF is against it...

edit: I'm not exactly "pro use of objects" when spanking though. The belt or wooden spoon feels slightly excessive since I don't think you're supposed to cause a whole lot of pain so much as a whole lot of embarrassment and shame. Most of the punishment is making the kid "wait" for the spanking. The "wait" disciplines the child and also allows the parent to "cool off" because you should never, ever physically discipline a child while angry.

I got the belt too.

It's funny seeing everybody get up in arms about it. All of my peers got the belt growing up but nowadays it's considered child abuse.

NawidA

Banned
Good luck DHB, hope you do well. Also, I like the Flynn deal and restructure. If he doesn't pan out, Johnny Football!

mr2xxx

Banned
So we got D-Hall back. Can't complain, hes not great by any means but at least we don't have to depend on Biggers and Wilson as our primary guys. This gives us the importunity to get a safety in the 2nd or third and then go BPA in every other round.

ChanHuk

Banned
Kids these days need to be physically disciplined. Or at the very least, more sibling rivalry should be encouraged to implement discipline. When I was younger everyone always said they threatened their parents to call 911. One time one of their dads said "Yeah well, how long do you think its gonna take for them to get here?" I learned that and never used it again.

I longed for the belt most of the time. My mom was a hot blooded, fuck everyone latina that grew up in Cuba and got beat by her very old school father with switches and worse.

When I was young and acted up she would pull off these thin plastic slippers that were hard as fuck and swipe the back of my legs with them. Left welts for weeks. When I got older (13-16ish), I graduated to one of them thick small plastic baseball bats that she would use to wail on my arms with. If that wasn't around she'd grab a broom handle, etc. Never left any bruises but made sure there was plenty of pain involved. When there wasn't anything around, a good swift smack or two would work as well.

Some would consider that abuse no doubt and start calling child services today, but I loved, feared and respected my mother. I thank her for it today for keeping my ass in line.

That having been said, I've never once had to spank my kids outside of a simple slap on the wrist.

Kids these days need to be physically disciplined.
Depends on the kid. That's a massive generalization, of course. I have more effect taking my 6 year olds favorite toy away and putting it in the "garbage" (it gets taken out and put in the closet to magically reappear later) than any level of physical discipline I can administer so I don't bother to exert energy spanking/beating her. That having been said, my mother doing that to me wouldn't have done shit. I needed the ass whooping.;)

ChanHuk

Banned
Soccer (fútbol) is year round so I don't post much, amigo. You should start watching soccer and join us! USA ain't bad and of course Barcelona!

Soccer was created so European women could entertain themselves while their husbands cook. Hank Hill told me so.

I can't wait for the Browns to beat the Patriots down again with the spirit of Colt McCoy.
Gata needs a taste of Humble Pie.

On the Colt trade I'm glad we got Something for him instead of releasing him, I was surprised we pulled out a 5th. Atleast Colt can go to what seems like a good situation and he's got a friend in Dawson there. Not sure if I was a 9ers fan I would just want Colt to be my backup though, pray Kaep dosent get hurt because I'm no sure Colt himself would be able to stay healthy for a long period.
Lombardi +1 for the trade.

effzee

Watching this Path to The Draft thing on NFLN and Brian Baldinger thinks not only is Star the best defensive player in the draft but that KC is taking him #1.

Either Andy slipped him some information or his mind has gone off track like his finer.

Yeah love JFF but for a pro team I'd want Bridgewater or Boyd. Can only imagine what Manziel will get up to once he has no supervision and tons of money. Gronk 2.0, and Gronk wouldn't make a good QB
What do we have for the top Qbs next year so far?
Boyd
Bridge
Fales
Football
I've seen some include Logan Thomas but he didn't have the best year last season, I was on the bandwagon but then I caught some of the games :/

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So we're all agreed that Johnny Manziel is already screaming bust? Is he ugly? If he's hideous he may have a future yet!

So we're all agreed that Johnny Manziel is already screaming bust? Is he ugly? If he's hideous he may have a future yet!
I'm in no way saying that haha, I just think he's gonna have to do alittle growing up and realize the spot light is on him before he leads my A NFL team

squicken

What do we have for the top Qbs next year so far?
Boyd
Bridge
Fales
Football
I've seen some include Logan Thomas but he didn't have the best year last season, I was on the bandwagon but then I caught some of the games :/

Some people like McCarron but I don't. There was lots of turnover at QB with some of the big programs. Hard to know who will emerge, and how viable they would be as one year starters

edit: I am not saying Manziel is a bust, but you didn't see Russell, Luck or RG3 have pictures all over social media of them out partying. QBs have to be dorks. Just the way it is

Talon

Murray will have a strong year, but he's got a lot of JCut in him.

Mariota is a RS Sophomore next year. He's better than Dixon, IMO. And, again, I was forced to watch a stupid amount of Oregon games.

Mariota is a RS Sophomore next year. He's better than Dixon, IMO. And, again, I was forced to watch a stupid amount of Oregon games.
That's who I forgot Mariota, I use to like Dennis until he had the injury. Glad to see him still on a NFL team

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Well eff. I saw the Kevin Ware injury live but someone just linked the close up picture on Facebook. Totally did not expect to see that.

Please tell me that's a photoshop. It didn't look like the bone came out live...

Well eff. I saw the Kevin Ware injury live but someone just linked the close up picture on Facebook. Totally did not expect to see that.

Please tell me that's a photoshop. It didn't look like the bone came out live...
Just watched it at work today, the way it snapped was crazy. The bone totally had to be out. Some of those players were crying afterwards.
Edit: I think I heard he's already on clutches though, he's suppose to be on the sidelines for the next game I believe. Said he could be back in a year I believe

squicken

How is his arm? That's my biggest thing with McCarron, besides all the crying. Curious about Mariota. If the read option blows up this year in NFL, it changes what teams want.

Sorry kave, but that was real. Compound fracture, but he's already cracking jokes on Twitter. I'm pretty amazed at how well he seems to be handling it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Some people like McCarron but I don't. There was lots of turnover at QB with some of the big programs. Hard to know who will emerge, and how viable they would be as one year starters

edit: I am not saying Manziel is a bust, but you didn't see Russell, Luck or RG3 have pictures all over social media of them out partying. QBs have to be dorks. Just the way it is

I'm of the mind that Manziel will be a bust at this point. I generally don't trust big name college QBs. They try so desperately to hype up guys like Denard Robinson who will almost certainly not be anything special in the NFL. At best the big names seem to be a 50/50 proposition.

Johnny Football is marginally better than Vince Young. Similar skillset. Similar offense. Similar lack of football iq.

but can johnny football party like vince young? $300k birthday parties and shots of patron for all the boys!

Vince-Young.jpg

vince-5-bx1.jpg

look at a young roofles trying to get in on this party!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom