• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

So I've come to terms that I think amy poehler is actually pretty attractive.

tumblr_men53x6ars1rdh9azo1_400.gif

Draxal

By the way, what's with Belichick and Rutgers? All those draft picks and now he's endorsing Schiano? Does he owe them money or something?

He knows the area since his Giants days (aka when he was banging the admins there), and his kid was the backup longsnapper for Rutgers.

Chris R

Watching the draft now... Deion makes a nice point...

I'd watch more Pro Bowl if it was more Pro/Retired Pro bowl in a flag football setting (to protect the retired folk who might not be in pro shape any longer).

squicken

lotta smoke bros

Why is all this movement coming on the Pats staff? OL coach retires and is immediately replaced? McDaniels says he isn't interested and now he is again after another playoff loss where they struggle to score? Pepper Johnson leaving. TE coach leaving.

Sure seems like Belichick isn't happy with his staff

lotta smoke bros

Why is all this movement coming on the Pats staff? OL coach retires and is immediately replaced? McDaniels says he isn't interested and now he is again after another playoff loss where they struggle to score? Pepper Johnson leaving. TE coach leaving.

I think Bill knew Dante was retiring and had someone chosen already

jbug617

Banned
lotta smoke bros

Pepper Johnson was interesting but the others were expected.

squicken

Pepper Johnson was interesting but the others were expected.

Just my take: NE has been physically beaten in their past few playoff losses. Failures to develop talent, and draft errors. I think BB is shaking things up and I would guess there are front office and scouting changes coming as well

Just me reading the tea leaves

bionic77

Just my take: NE has been physically beaten in their past few playoff losses. Failures to develop talent, and draft errors. I think BB is shaking things up and I would guess there are front office and scouting changes coming as well

Just me reading the tea leaves
NE's offense has shit the bed in the playoffs. That's their problem. Their defense is usually doing decently.

Colasante

lotta smoke bros

Dante Scarnecchia wanted to retire a couple seasons ago and Belichick convinced him to stick around a while longer. He knew Scar would retire this year before the season even began, and that's partly why he brought back Brian Daboll, who worked mostly with the offensive line this year. I'm not sure why Daboll wasn't promoted to offensive line coach, though.

For a while, I think 2008-2011, Belichick didn't name a Defensive Coordinator and largely coordinated it by himself. He finally promoted Matt Patricia to the position last season and Pepper Johnson reportedly wasn't happy about it, because he'd been there longer and thought he was going to get it. He's likely going to the Texans now because he's realized he won't be able to climb the ladder any further in New England. He's deserving of more though, he's great.

The tight end coach was brought in by Bill O'Brien a couple years ago. It's no surprise that he's leaving to join O'Brien's staff now.

It all seems suspicious when they all happen in a 36 hour period, but I don't put much stock in it, honestly. The fact that McDaniels is even speaking to Cleveland again makes me certain it's not a "Belichick told the staff he's retiring next year" situation because McDaniels has long been considered Belichick's obvious successor.

Oozer3993

Per Tony Grossi tho.

Not entirely true. According to the NBC affiliate here in Cleveland, McDaniels called up the Browns after losing the AFC Championship game and seeing the coaching exodus from New England, and asked to be put back in contention. The Browns turned him down.

squicken

It all seems suspicious when they all happen in a 36 hour period, but I don't put much stock in it, honestly. The fact that McDaniels is even speaking to Cleveland again makes me certain it's not a "Belichick told the staff he's retiring next year" situation because McDaniels has long been considered Belichick's obvious successor.

I don't think he is retiring. I think he is cleaning house. I expect we will hear about scouting and front office shakeups after the draft

e: Rapoport saying Pettine is front runner

Also, seems like this Senior Bowl class sucked. Maybe 2 or 3 first rounders. Some of the seniors that pulled out will be first rounders, but not many. 20+ juniors in the first round

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
I asked 5 NFL personnel guys who will be the top #SeniorBowl prospect drafted. Results: Zack Martin (3 votes), Carr (1), Donald (1)

jbug617

Banned
Not entirely true. According to the NBC affiliate here in Cleveland, McDaniels called up the Browns after losing the AFC Championship game and seeing the coaching exodus from New England, and asked to be put back in contention. The Browns turned him down.

@RapSheet

The Browns did speak with Josh McDaniels this week, per source (as @TonyGrossi said). But my understanding is he’s not a viable option.

It's probably going to be the Pettine.

JABEE

lotta smoke bros

Real Sanctions are about to come down on the Evil Empire!

Bill Belichick resigns in disgrace! Tom Brady retires from the game of football! The Patriots are forced to exchange players with the Jacksonville Jaguars!

Gata is reunited with his hometown team.

Kraft is forced to switch places with Haslam, and Joe Banner is sent to Elba.

Kave's Browns win a championship with a Baltimore Ravens team that moves back to Cleveland! All their championships are recognized as Browns Championships and Art Modell is inducted into the Wall of Shame that includes such names as Tom Brady, Aaron Hernandez, Bill Belichick, and the referee that was responsible for the tuck rule.

All is right in the NFL. Goodell is fired and replaced by our resident hooping expert, Greg! A Hero GAF deserves. An outcome we can all appreciate.

MechDX

I'm told to watch Brian Ferentz as potential @HoustonTexans o-line coach. Spot open w/Mike Munchak heading to @steelers per @McClain_on_NFL--Marvez via Twitter

Was the first choice. Good choice too

jbug617

Banned
I'm told to watch Brian Ferentz as potential @HoustonTexans o-line coach. Spot open w/Mike Munchak heading to @steelers per @McClain_on_NFL--Marvez via Twitter

Was the first choice. Good choice too

I wonder if he is just staying in Iowa till signing day is over.

Real Sanctions are about to come down on the Evil Empire!

Bill Belichick resigns in disgrace! Tom Brady retires from the game of football! The Patriots are forced to exchange players with the Jacksonville Jaguars!

Gata is reunited with his hometown team.

Kraft is forced to switch places with Haslam, and Joe Banner is sent to Elba.

Kave's Browns win a championship with a Baltimore Ravens team that moves back to Cleveland! All their championships are recognized as Browns Championships and Art Modell is inducted into the Wall of Shame that includes such names as Tom Brady, Aaron Hernandez, Bill Belichick, and the referee that was responsible for the tuck rule.

All is right in the NFL. Goodell is fired and replaced by our resident hooping expert, Greg! A Hero GAF deserves. An outcome we can all appreciate.

You are nuts.

jakncoke

Banned
Fun fact its entirely possible that Matt Stafford will surpass Tom Brady in regular season career losses 37 for Stafford and 43 for Brady

Narag

Fun fact its entirely possible that Matt Stafford will surpass Tom Brady in regular season career losses 37 for Stafford and 43 for Brady

By the age of 26 at that. Just another example of a driven young quarterback leading stats over his peers.

Vince Young took out a $1.8 million loan in 2011 and in 2 years the interest grew to $2.5 million?

yDj6y.png

That's some Montel Williams money mutual type shit

Vince Young took out a $1.8 million loan in 2011 and in 2 years the interest grew to $2.5 million?

yDj6y.png

That's some Montel Williams money mutual type shit

Wasnt there stories since he came into the league about him mismanaging his money?

It's easy enough to blame the guy but I want to know what idiot is advising him.

Top Bottom