• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Stasis

Blanche is the classic from them that most people know about. They've since come out with the Blonde and Noire which are both good. Pretty much everything they make is at least decent and most of it is great.

Local restaurant that's about 2 minutes away from them has everything on tap and offers a sampler pack. I took a pic of it last time. Dat color variety!

AWaAgV7.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm aware. Never seen it around here though.

Sure you are.

I haven't seen it around either, sadly. I've had it when I was in Germany though... The best beer we can get here is IMHO at Chambar (not sure if Canucks-GAF knows the place), but they're a Belgian restaurant with a selection of like 25 different Belgian import-beers of all kinds. It's an amazing place.

Sure you are.

I haven't seen it around either, sadly. I've had it when I was in Germany though... The best beer we can get here is IMHO at Chambar (not sure if Canucks-GAF knows the place), but they're a Belgian restaurant with a selection of like 25 different Belgian import-beers of all kinds. It's an amazing place.

That name is a dead giveaway for it being german. Come on now. :lol

Smiley90

That name is a dead giveaway for it being german. Come on now. :lol

You do realize that German is one of Switzerland's 4 (/5) official languages, right? :D

Also, when in doubt, always assume the Hawks-Fan knows nothing, especially if it's wsox, Should serve everyone well. (When's our next game? Is it too early to start salting up the thread again?)

Socreges

Banned
I had this amazing local beer at Biercraft on Cambie. The most delicious beer I've ever drank. I cannot remember its fucking name and it's killing me.

Marvie_3

Banned
franziskaner_weissbier_hell-large.jpg

'nuff said.
Good stuff.

You do realize that German is one of Switzerland's 4 (/5) official languages, right? :D

Also, when in doubt, always assume the Hawks-Fan knows nothing, especially if it's wsox, Should serve everyone well. (When's our next game? Is it too early to start salting up the thread again?)

Fuck you in your face, smelley.

I had this amazing local beer at Biercraft on Cambie. The most delicious beer I've ever drank. I cannot remember its fucking name and it's killing me.
That's how I feel about this beer I had in Lucerne. Can't remember what it was (I was too drunk to read the tap) but it was fantastic.

Smiley90

Remind me to bring you some beer when I go back next time Marvie. I swear I'll go to a liquor store and take pictures of the labels.

EDIT: that offer extends to all of NHL-GAF in need of German and/or Swiss beer. I live at the German border so that's no biggie to go over and buy stuff there.

Smiley90

Wait, what? Does Marvie live in Vancouver? Or do you ship it?

Marvie living in Vancouver, good one.

I'd offer to ship it. (for those not located in Vancouver or at my layover destination, wherever that might be. I imagine it's cheaper than getting it delivered from Europe... :D )

CCF23

Marvie living in Vancouver, good one.

I'd offer to ship it. (for those not located in Vancouver or at my layover destination, wherever that might be. I imagine it's cheaper than getting it delivered from Europe... :D )

When are you going? This...interests me.

Smiley90

When are you going? This...interests me.

I just went, so I probably won't go until next Christmas again... if someone visits me (ha), maybe I can arrange something earlier. But yeah, next Christmas is more likely. Quite a bit away, sadly. Flying to Europe is costly, I can't do that twice a year...

CCF23

I just went, so I probably won't go until next Christmas again... if someone visits me (ha), maybe I can arrange something earlier. But yeah, next Christmas is more likely. Quite a bit away, sadly. Flying to Europe is costly, I can't do that twice a year...

Disappointment total. You won't fly to Europe just to bring me some beer? I might even share.

C'mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I won't share

Smiley90

Disappointment total. You won't fly to Europe just to bring me some beer? I might even share.

C'mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I won't share

Give me 1200 bucks and I'll do it...

Just remind me again next Christmas. Or I'll try and remember if someone comes visit and I'll tell them to bring me some.

Smiley90

Sweet. Would be awesome to get some German beer.

:)

Like I said, my mom literally lives AT the border, so we go shopping to Germany anyway (some stuff is cheaper there). Might as well get some beer while we're there.

Erdrick

I like how this has become the beer thread for the moment. Excellent choices for beer, BTW. Unibroue stuff like Fin Du Monde is very, VERY good. Made the mistake of having one during lunch one day and downing it quickly without realizing it's a bit stronger than the average beer.

German beer is where it's at for me though. Unfortunately all I can really get here is like... Krombacher, Warsteiner, Holsten, Bitburger and my personal fav out of the selection here, Paulaner. Something about wheat beer... Mmm... We used to have Konig Ludwig here too, but that's been gone for a few years now. Oh man, this one place I go to used to have Isenbeck on tap... The best dark beer I have ever had. I wish I could find it here again.

I have to say, when I saw the Jets latest debacle on Thursday night, my first reaction with the bloody Kessel goal was "Oh God, here comes that animated .gif..." Needless to say, people here did not fail in that regard.

Speaking of failing, I wonder what changes have been done for today's game against the Sens? Our coach said changes were coming due to the poor play as of late. (Rightfully so.)

Marvie_3

Banned
Remind me to bring you some beer when I go back next time Marvie. I swear I'll go to a liquor store and take pictures of the labels.

EDIT: that offer extends to all of NHL-GAF in need of German and/or Swiss beer. I live at the German border so that's no biggie to go over and buy stuff there.

i32TIKgHKEtDk.gif

You should find that beer that I can't remember the name of. ;)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I've been drinking a lot of Aventinus lately. It has become my favorite beer. La Fin Du Monde is great. I haven't had any of the other beers from Unibroue.

Montresor

Get this beer talk out of my NHL thread.

Tonight will be painful for all of NHL-gaf. Because no matter who wins between Montreal and Toronto, we'll likely see tons of Kessel gifs and tons of... whatever the hell is that gif of some naked guy climaxing that Solo loves so much. And the other Red Man masturbation gif.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Our entire public transportation system is likely to remain shut down for the entire day, and driving is still banned for the foreseeable future due to this blizzard. There's going to be like 2,000 people at the Bruins game tonight. Should be awesome.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Our entire public transportation system is likely to remain shut down for the entire day, and driving is still banned for the foreseeable future due to this blizzard. There's going to be like 2,000 people at the Bruins game tonight. Should be awesome.

Why can't we ban drivers in toronto?

Fuck the idiocy we have for 1 foot of snow is just unbearable

I am now watching a lady stuck in the snow with a 4WD vehicle while only using front wheel drive ... Whyyyyyy

We are a Canadian city where half our drivers were born in florida

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Tonight will be painful for all of NHL-gaf. Because no matter who wins between Montreal and Toronto, we'll likely see tons of Kessel gifs and tons of... whatever the hell is that gif of some naked guy climaxing that Solo loves so much. And the other Red Man masturbation gif.
Hockey and beer go together, Monty! D:

Cake Boss

Banned

Commie

Osorio

I live about an hour drive away from the Bear Republic Brewery and the Lagunitas Brewery. Pyramid is even closer. Nor Cal is fucking legit for beer.

I hate that Racer 5 is like 13 bucks for a 6 pack here.

Going to SF in March and I'm only drinking IPA's.

I'm quitting water while I'm out there.

I live about an hour drive away from the Bear Republic Brewery and the Lagunitas Brewery. Pyramid is even closer. Nor Cal is fucking legit for beer.
This is definetly true. I used to live in Marin county. Stones throw for some great local brews and winery. Atlanta has Sweetwater brewery but I have only tried their pumpkin spice ale. Very delicious. I mainly stick with Belgian beers though.

Take on the Caps tonight. Even though they are struggling it always seems slumping teams make statements against us and it has been a hard barn for the Cats to win in. Hopefully without Vokun we can burn them in Was then again in Florida. Two wins will put us either in 1st or breathing down the Bolts' neck for the division.

Looks like the O'Reilly camp is blaming Duchene for accepting a "small" term contract because it set the tone for what the avs would pay for O'Reilly. If this is the type of shit that it comes down to I want less and less to do with the avs and O'Reilly as every day passes. It's the most pathetic contract dispute in recent memory. Lets just trade him and get the meltdown of this franchise over with.

Erdrick

I hear Al Montoya is starting in net for the Jets today... Not sure how I feel about that. Then again, Pavelec has not played so hot lately so lets see how he'll do today instead.

Tabris

4 out of the last 6 years, the Canucks were knocked out by the Stanley Cup winners. The only times they weren't is the year they didn't make the playoffs and the 1 team in the last 6 years to win it from the east.

The path to the cup is through Vancouver. This year it's just going to stop at Vancouver!

Top Bottom