• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Stasis

All I can think of listening to the NJ color guy is Bud from the TV series Grimm.

He sounds like such an excited semi-clueless child, but in a nice way. Like an over-enthusiastic nice guy who's not really all that sure what's going on. Just blurts out whatever he thinks he's seeing as he sees it. It's really funny sometimes.

E-DuB

brodeur.gif

Marty, you're CakeBossed. I still love you, but it's time to go home.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Justin Schultz <3 <3
His wrist shot is a thing of beauty.

Just another reason why the Oilers drafted him.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
dat 29th ranked PK... Fucking hate our PK. Never seen it this bad before. And it's not the lack of Lidstrom since he didn't even kill penalties the past 2 seasons. They play a tight box formation but don't block shots so they fucking suck.

Wings look decent, better than the Oilers. Outplaying them but we need to come out and have a great third with no penalties, Oilers can't compete 5 on 5 at all.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Without hyperbole, Justin Schultz is the player that sticks out on an Oilers team that features three 1st overalls + Jordan Eberle.

Without hyperbole, Justin Schultz is the player that sticks out on an Oilers team that features three 1st overalls + Jordan Eberle.

Right now? Yeah, hes been one of the best Oilers on the ice in basically every game so far. The whole top line has been pretty horrible so far.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Poor us too. We were his second choice :(

Meh, Vigneault would've most likely played him over either Ballard or Tanev, and both of those have played awesome so far, so I don't miss him, really. Ballard is making an anti-buyout case for himself right now, so is Raymond (for resigning), watch them suck again next season lol

Tabris

Meh, Vigneault would've most likely played him over either Ballard or Tanev, and both of those have played awesome so far, so I don't miss him, really. Ballard is making an anti-buyout case for himself right now, so is Raymond (for resigning), watch them suck again next season lol

I predict that Mason Raymond is going to have an amazing year. We will all love Ray Ray. Tabris guarantee.

How ya like me now?

calder

If Ponikarovsky scores 6 more goals this period he should almost redeem himself for the Leafs game

I'd say odds Sens tie it are about 80%. The Jets simply hate one goal leads, or leads in general

Smiley90

I just had a great idea:

Someone needs to make a "This thread has reached critical levels of Tabris - EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY" gif.

Also Soc, you promised us a Controversy GIF! Or are you just waiting for the game tonight?

Canuck76

Banned
Oilers need to be more aggressive on the PK. They just scoot farther and farther in until DD or whoever is taking a slapshot from 3 feet away. Frigging annoying.

They just need better defensive play in general. Can't count the number of times they've given detroit time to set up a proper chance. And when we go in there zone they'll swarm the puck and stop whatever.

Socreges

Banned
Tabris, 70 players have at least 4 goals so far this season, matching or exceeding Raymond's total (most exceeding).

We're already concluding that all 70 will have had an "amazing" 12/13 season?

Smiley90

Tabris, 70 players have at least 4 goals so far this season, matching or exceeding Raymond's total (most exceeding).

Question is, how many of those have the irreplaceable skill of falling down in corners without any opposing player nearby?

Tabris

An amazing year for Mason Raymond.

Being in the top 70+ of players for $2m when you were playing 3rd/4th line minutes last year is amazing!

Top Bottom