• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Stasis

Lol jesus christ. You know you spend too much time in here when you can tell without thinking twice that this is a jab at Socreges.

Shit, what faux pas did I accidentally commit here? lol

I'm new to NHL gaf. I have no idea. No jab intended. Just kinda remember seeing him say he spoke French and that post brought that out. I'm really just curious. I speak it too.

Canuck76

Banned
That detroit breakaway right after oilers PP summarizes this game. Simple, smart effort plays that detroit is making that edmonton isn't. They're actually playing harder in this 3rd now but it probably won't be enough

Montresor

Shit, what faux pas did I accidentally commit here? lol

I'm new to NHL gaf. I have no idea. No jab intended. Just kinda remember seeing him say he spoke French and that post brought that out. I'm really just curious. I speak it too.

Whoops. Never mind then.

Socreges once asked Heretic if his second language was spanish after Heretic made a typo. I think that's not 100% accurate but that's what I remember. =p

Silexx

Lol jesus christ. You know you spend too much time in here when you can tell without thinking twice that this is a jab at Socreges.

Nah, it was simply that Cake Boss' post read like someone talking in a deep French Canadian accent.

FTR, I'm actually a francophone.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez, Wings got lucky today. Can't give the Oilers 8 pp's, including a 5 on 3 and expect to win. Good effort, but please don't do this ever again.

Socreges

Banned
Besides occasionally unleashing a great wrist shot, I haven't been impressed by Schultz. Misses the net a lot, doesn't get back defensively, poor coverage in his own zone. He'll be a great PP quarterback, though, no question.

Tabris said:
An amazing year for Mason Raymond.

Being in the top 70+ of players for $2m when you were playing 3rd/4th line minutes last year is amazing!
So we're not including goalies, dmen, or players like Malkin who have just 3 goals, but actually support the team in other ways with 12 assists? We're drawing conclusions after a 10 game sample?

No one is too surprised that Raymond has looked better to start the season. To say he's been amazing and will continue to be amazing is unremarkably stupid.

Detroit's PK and PP were actually good this game against a team who pretty much dominates in both. Nice to see wisdom > youth in this game today, big one from our vets.

So seeing as how Detroit is streaky this year.

Win, loss, win, loss, 2 wins, 2 loss, 2 wins, I can expect a few more wins than an equal losing streak or a 2 game skid coming up.

Stasis

Nah, it was simply that Cake Boss' post read like someone talking in a deep French Canadian accent.

FTR, I'm actually a francophone.

This. I think you kinda have to be one to get why I wondered.

(I live near Montreal. Grew up split between NYC and MTL, so it's my second language but I'm fluent to the point that I sound like any born French Canadian.)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This. I think you kinda have to be one to get why I wondered.

(I live near Montreal. Grew up split between NYC and MTL, so it's my second language but I'm fluent to the point that I sound like any born French Canadian.)

You should've just pretended the stab at Soc was intended, because it was pretty hilarious. :D

That was last night. And Heretic's second language is Spanish.

To be fair, Montresor's story was slightly off, you asked Heretic if his second language was ENGLISH, and thought his FIRST language was Spanish. When it's actually the other way around. Close, though. :D

calder

Happy for Al, great road game for the Jets. Everyone sleep walked through this like the zero energy early afternoon start it was, which worked out great for us.

Also wtf Karlsson take a break sometime. Paul Coffey took shorter shifts than that guy, he was skating at what seemed half effort and was still the most dangerous guy on the ice.

Socreges

Banned
To be fair, Montresor's story was slightly off, you asked Heretic if his second language was ENGLISH, and thought his FIRST language was Spanish. When it's actually the other way around. Close, though. :D
Not sure what your point is. His parents speak Spanish in the home, barely any English. It's effectively the same thing. He can call it a "brain fart", but it has its source.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I like how all these replays of that ridiculous play with Brodeur out of his net keep failing to say that the play was whistled dead because it was offside and that it didn't matter if the puck went in the net or not.

Socreges

Banned
For sure, didn't think otherwise. Just thought it was worth pointing out that as random as my post may have seemed, it had reason behind it.

Cake Boss

Banned
BCsgK4uCcAA6OAa.jpg

Spl1nter

Komarov with Grabovski and Kulemin tonight. I like that alot. While Kulemin is a great defensive player with size he is not a banging forward. Should help open up more space for Grabo.

Heretic

Besides occasionally unleashing a great wrist shot, I haven't been impressed by Schultz. Misses the net a lot, doesn't get back defensively, poor coverage in his own zone. He'll be a great PP quarterback, though, no question.
This. All of his goals have been on the power play.

Chris R

The Phx/SJS game was soooooooooo under-whelming until the third period when it kicked up. Hoping the HNIC game makes up for it!

Acid08

Banned
The Phx/SJS game was soooooooooo under-whelming until the third period when it kicked up. Hoping the HNIC game makes up for it!

Yeah snoozer through two, Sharks really picked it up in the third but Smith shut the door. Every Coyote but him was outplayed.

Top Bottom