• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dude, just get a retriever.
This. They are the best dogs.

Sucks for Karlsson, seeing your #1 D man go down is a shitty feeling, hopefully he recovers soon. To think Cooke did it on purpose is ridiculous though, careless yes, but no one would do that intentionally.

Cooke is such a bitch. If you're going to pull that shit, drop the gloves instead of curling up like the little bitch you are.
Why should he have to fight for an accident when his team is winning? Why am I defending Matt Cooke, what the fuck is going on.

This. They are the best dogs.

Sucks for Karlsson, seeing your #1 D man go down is a shitty feeling, hopefully he recovers soon. To think Cooke did it on purpose is ridiculous though, careless yes, but no one would do that intentionally.

Why should he have to fight for an accident when his team is winning? Why am I defending Matt Cooke, what the fuck is going on.

I try not to give Cooke the benefit of the doubt ever. Never know what's going on in that dumbass' head.

RC

Banned
A little late to this, but that was in no way intentional. Simply an unfortunate accident. You have my sympathies Cakeboss.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I try not to give Cooke the benefit of the doubt ever. Never know what's going on in that dumbass' head.
not_having_it.gif

Spazo

Never thought he'd ever get another one again - he hadn't had one since his first season in Montreal, 2009-2010.

For old time's sake............. CAMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!

Still feels good :lol

bah empty net hat trick is not a real hat trick in my book.

Bergevin should call Ottawa's general manager to propose a trade for Kaberle !! ;)

edit: All nhl players should wear kevlar socks. Those socks are available for all montreal canadiens players since the injury of Markov / Price

Curufinwe

Poor Karlsson. A terrible blow for the Senators, and for the league.

Not sure if it was a freak accident or just a freak at fault. But maybe players need more protection back there.

If it wasnt Matt Cock I could have given him the benefit of a doubt but fuck that shit. My stomach feeling is that he put the skate up deliberately.

Going after or suspending him doesn´t do shit. I have lost a lot of respect for Bylsma for continuing to play him, It is time that some other dirtbag goes after Crosby, Letang or Malkin. Fuck Torres and fuck Cooke.

Curufinwe

Karlsson should be back healthy to start the next season. Mezaros seemed to be fine for the Flyers in January despite tearing his Achilles in August.

He's better off than other Cooke victims like Marc "hey, where'd my career go" Savard.

Marvie_3

Banned
If it wasnt Matt Cock I could have given him the benefit of a doubt but fuck that shit. My stomach feeling is that he put the skate up deliberately.
Guys do that all the time to pin another player against the boards.

Going after or suspending him doesn´t do shit. I have lost a lot of respect for Bylsma for continuing to play him, It is time that some other dirtbag goes after Crosby, Letang or Malkin. Fuck Torres and fuck Cooke.

jxM6kHLzGg9Ua.jpg

Guys do that all the time to pin another player against the boards.

Fucking THIS. Players have been raising legs to make a pin since the dawn of... However long I've been watching. Just because its Cooke suddenly the townspeople have their pitchforks out ready to harvest blood for the blood god. Get over it.

Sure it sucks to lose one of the most exciting D in recent years and even more because the Sens are already broke enough, but c'mon already.

Fucking THIS. Players have been raising legs to make a pin since the dawn of... However long I've been watching. Just because its Cooke suddenly the townspeople have their pitchforks out ready to harvest blood for the blood god. Get over it.

Sure it sucks to lose one of the most exciting D in recent years and even more because the Sens are already broke enough, but c'mon already.

On the other hand, they just watched their best players season end. After all the shit we put up with this year, I'd be a little irrationally angry for a while, too. I don't feel bad for Cooke, even though I think he clearly didn't mean to do it, because this is the reputation he's earned.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Cooke meant too either. During the game they should have just let Neil and Cooke fight to the death with the winner being executed.

edit: so many mistakes in post, still waking up

Quick

Banned
edit: All nhl players should wear kevlar socks. Those socks are available for all montreal canadiens players since the injury of Markov / Price

It really should, but it'll take an injury to a star player for it to be implemented on a team-by-team basis.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Strong year last year (won the Calder Cup) but has struggled this year I think.

Regardless he'll probably get lit up in Hamilton as they're absolutely terrible. I wonder why TB makes this trade, Desjardins is a very good AHL goalie, but will never by an NHLer. At least Montreal has a legit goalie prospect now.

ZeroGravity

Regardless he'll probably get lit up in Hamilton as they're absolutely terrible. I wonder why TB makes this trade, Desjardins is a very good AHL goalie, but will never by an NHLer. At least Montreal has a legit goalie prospect now.
Guy Boucher loves Desjardins apparently. It actually wouldn't surprise me if he was our backup next year.

Top Bottom