• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
After watching it a few more times, it does seem accidental; HOWEVER, Cooke's foot does lift off the ice...and I think I saw a cut along the back of Karlsson's leg too.

Our IR looks better than our roster now.

IysQOS6.jpg

Hari Seldon

Man I feel bad for the Sens. That was not intentional though. There is no player in the league that would do that intentionally, not even Matt Cooke.

Entire team sucked today, another blown 2 goal lead, and absolutely no shots after the 1st period, we got a point, but no reason to lose at all. Howard with a sensational game against LA completely sucked in every direction today. We have the Ducks next so I can't wait to start a 3 game losing streak after winning 3 straight. Absolutely pathetic tonight!!

Well coached team. I wouldn't count them out.

I don't see how you can come back from this. We already lost our #1 centre which is bad enough but it's not even funny how much Karlsson impacts the game when he's on the ice.

I can only hope we can put together some sort of miracle like Pittsburgh did when they lost Crosby and Malkin, but I just can't believe it's possible for us. We basically have an AHL squad now with a real hot goalie.

pringles

Entire team sucked today, another blown 2 goal lead, and absolutely no shots after the 1st period, we got a point, but no reason to lose at all. Howard with a sensational game against LA completely sucked in every direction today. We have the Ducks next so I can't wait to start a 3 game losing streak after winning 3 straight. Absolutely pathetic tonight!!
Babcock needs to realize Howard is no good when he's overworked. His best games came right after the one game he's gotten a rest. Mrazek should have started today.

Babcock needs to realize Howard is no good when he's overworked. His best games came right after the one game he's gotten a rest. Mrazek should have started today.

This, completely pissed off right now, rookie goalie who was completely shaky and let in 2 goals right at the beginning, and then all of a sudden the team looked like they got their head cut off and stopped playing. Everyone looked out of it today, only players that looked good were probably Tatar and Miller. Howard, Brunner, Z, Kronwall, Kindl looked off along with pretty much everyone else. Stupid, should have easily had that game but another quick start and we just completely blew it, can't wait for them to play like this against the Ducks and get destroyed, going to be fun!

Edit: Also we can not hold a 2 goal lead to save our lives!!!! Fix that and the dang PP!!!

MacAttack

Just got in. Sorry to Ottawa fans, I know the 'Matt Cooke is a fucking idiot' feeling. Even if it wasn't intentional the guy is responsible for keeping his body in control and not stepping down on the back of another guy's ankle. Careless play at best.

Socreges

Banned
Baseball fans:

This Buehrle guy decided to leave his wife and kids in Florida because he isn't allowed to bring his pit bull into Ontario? Fucking seriously? I understand the connection an owner can have with his dog, but come on.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Baseball fans:

This Buehrle guy decided to leave his wife and kids in Florida because he isn't allowed to bring his pit bull into Ontario? Fucking seriously? I understand the connection an owner can have with his dog, but come on.

I like animals, but I'm sorry I think it is stupid.

Baseball fans:

Yeah, that's dumb. I love my dog, but I love my family more.

calder

Baseball fans:

Not that shocking to me imo, plenty of guys with young families leave their families in their home towns if they get traded far enough away especially in this case to a different country, and I got the impression the dog thing was just one more reason to stay versus moving the whole family. Think of the times guys get traded in hockey from one conference to the other mid season and don't want to uproot the family during the school year so they stay behind, similar thing to my thinking.

Buehrle and his family are huge dog lovers and didn't want to leave the boxer behind as it was a rescue dog. They actually considered moving to Buffalo and having him commute to Toronto, which would be a weird decision that to my eyes would have all the negatives and none of the positives of their other options.

And Ontario having a blanket ban on entire dog breeds is just fucking absurd.

MacAttack

Baseball fans:

I don't think it's that unusual for a professional athlete to live in a different state/province than the one they play in. I'm sure they can afford to fly the family (sans pitbull) up to Toronto for long homestands. Not an ideal situation for a young family but being traded is part of the profession.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just saw the Karlsson injury. Brutal. Cooke is a piece of shit but I don't think that was intentional. Hopefully it doesn't affect Karlsson long term.

Baseball fans:

Maybe he really hates his wife and kids?

MacAttack

The leg raise happens all the time when guys go into the boards. Helps pinning guys into the board.

What doesn't happen all the time is bringing your skate down on the other guys ankle. Reckless play by Cooke, who has shown a general disregard for player safety in the past.

Socreges

Banned
The reason I ask is because he was acting as if he wanted his family and kids to be with him in Toronto, but decided that they'd stay in Florida because of the dog.

I'm pretty sure that, because he dramatized the situation in this way, he's able to both make Marlins management look bad while also avoiding Jays fans thinking that his family would rather stay in Florida anyhow.

calder

Maybe he really hates his wife and kids?

Not going to lie, it occurred to me that if I had a couple of young kids maybe I'd look at living single in a luxury hotel for a few months "for work" with real interest. Just as a short term thing, it could have some positives. ;)

One thing I didn't know is that Miami also has a pit bull ban, so when he played for the Marlins the Buehrle's lived in the next county not Miami proper.

Damn I'm sitting at my computer catching up on some GSL Code A matches but it sounds like I should be watching the Flames game. I'm sure all scoring/excitement will end the second I turn it on.

Not going to lie, it occurred to me that if I had a couple of young kids maybe I'd look at living single in a luxury hotel for a few months "for work" with real interest. Just as a short term thing, it could have some positives. ;)

One thing I didn't know is that Miami also has a pit bull ban, so when he played for the Marlins the Buehrle's lived in the next county not Miami proper.

Dude, just get a retriever.

Top Bottom