• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Socreges

Banned
I'm gonna be so pissed if Luongo plays well enough that we trade Schneider. I mean, I'll be happy, but fuck, I bought a Schneider jersey and staked my claim in this shit.
We've always known that Luongo is capable of playing like this. We know what Schneider is capable of. Each has started 4 games.

CCF23

We've always known that Luongo is capable of playing like this. We know what Schneider is capable of. Each has started 4 games.

For sure. I don't think Schneider will be traded. AV/Gillis aren't going to change their minds based on 4 games, or half a season, or whatever. The only way I can see Luongo staying is if both guys are still here come playoff time and Schneider loses the net during the playoffs and the Canucks go on to get to the finals again or win the cup.

Acid08

Banned
For sure. I don't think Schneider will be traded. AV/Gillis aren't going to change their minds based on 4 games, or half a season, or whatever. The only way I can see Luongo staying is if both guys are still here come playoff time and Schneider loses the net during the playoffs and the Canucks go on to get to the finals again or win the cup.

You think if you win a Cup with Luongo in net he wouldn't be traded? It's not like he magically gets younger after winning a Cup, he would be the goalie to trade to shore up the future.

Socreges

Banned
You think if you win a Cup with Luongo in net he wouldn't be traded? It's not like he magically gets younger after winning a Cup, he would be the goalie to trade to shore up the future.
Yep.

Luongo leads the Canucks to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final (but then loses because he is theoretically incapable of winning a Cup)? His trade value goes up and the Canucks hold onto the young goaltender for the future.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm gonna be so pissed if Luongo plays well enough that we trade Schneider. I mean, I'll be happy, but fuck, I bought a Schneider jersey and staked my claim in this shit.
They've already committed to Schneider who is younger, they're not changing that because Lu decided to play well for 4 games.

Hopefully Subban can handle Vanek today, I want to a comeback performance from the team.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally got around to watching the Backes call. ROFL. Dat hit to the "head".

Marvie_3

Banned
Yep.

Luongo wins a Cup? His trade value goes up and the Canucks hold onto the young goaltender for the future.

izpzJtUCI1uAk.gif

RC

Banned
Two Blackhawks jersey's at the club. The nerve of some people. Really shouldn't even be at a club. Too old for this Tom-foolery. I sometimes hate having a friend who dates a bouncer. Get dragged to too many late night shenagins.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Two Blackhawks jersey's at the club. The nerve of some people. Really shouldn't even be at a club. Too old for this Tom-foolery. I sometimes hate having a friend who dates a bouncer. Get dragged to too many late night shenagins.

JGC

Just Get Cakebossed

Fei

Finally back in the country to watch some hockey. Glad to see Vanek absolutely dominating - here's hoping he can stay healthy this year. Sounds like the team after the first line has been average at best so far, and Myers has been a trainwreck.

I would say I'm surprised how low the Flyers are in the standings, but their defensive performance in our opener was one of the worst I've seen. Assuming that continues to be the case?

I don't think he can in the gamecenter doesn't show it at all if it's on NBCSN or NHLN if I remember right, even with an ip spoofer because it blocks everyone. It works for any blackout but those I think.

I'm pretty sure I used it to watch one of the avs games this season. Just has to be an ip in a country that doesn't get NHL network, I think I was connecting from Brazil or something.

fallout

The dumbest thing to me is how much uproar Luongo playing well has caused. He's a goalie that plays 55-75 games a year and wins most with good GAA and SV%. Just because he's not worth his contract doesn't mean he still can't be a decent goalie.

The dumbest thing to me is how much uproar Luongo playing well has caused. He's a goalie that plays 55-75 games a year and wins most with good GAA and SV%. Just because he's not worth his contract doesn't mean he still can't be a decent goalie.

I think it's more of the situation that he's being played so often despite everyone and their mothers being told that he would be shipped out for a good deal ASAP. Makes the situation more interesting for Vancouver having two good goalies playing well when very clearly only one needs to remain there, leaves fans wondering which one will stay and if one would get more than the other would in a trade. I don't think anyone is actually surprised that he's playing well, just that him playing well adds to an already interesting situation.

I feel dirty for talking about the Canucks for that long without bashing them. SEDINS ARE LADY-MENS.

The 'uproar' (if you can call it that) isn't dumb, it's the natural and reasonable reaction to the ridiculous situation Gillis created for the team.

Montresor

In retrospect doesn't Schneider's contract seem a little much now? You can only call Luongo's contract bad if you think he will retire early, because then your team would be penalized heavily with the new rules against cap circumvention. But Luongo is clearly an elite goaltender, and always has been.

I'm still glad, in either case, that the Leafs still have Bozak and Kadri. I may change my tune in the next couple of months if (when) Reimer starts sucking.

edit: Changed my wording re: Schneider's contract a bit.

I hate, hate, hate little kids at stick and puck. Don't pay attention, get in the way when you are shooting or stickhandling, screwing around, gets infuriating to say the least. :/

Some kid was going to shoot, and another one comes out of nowhere and sees the kid, but decides to take a shot anyways and hits the other kid in the back with the puck, stick and puck is better in the summer when there is no one there.

THE DUCKS ARE A FAIRLY DECENT TEAM THIS YEAR AND ALL THE PRESEASON ANALYSTS CAN SUCK MY FUCKING DICK BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO BE WRONG LIKE THEY ALWAYS ARE

TSN POWER PRESEASON CROTCH SUCKING RANKINGS:

1. MY CROTCH
2. SOMEONE ELSES CROTCH (HERETIC?)
3. THE CROTCH OF JEHOVAH
4. BRIAN HAYWARDS CHUBBY TUBTHUMPER
5. WILDWINGS CROTCH
6. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGERS RUBBER BABY BUGGY BUMPER
7. QUEENS SUCK

I hate, hate, hate little kids at stick and puck. Don't pay attention, get in the way when you are shooting or stickhandling, screwing around, gets infuriating to say the least. :/

Some kid was going to shoot, and another one comes out of nowhere and sees the kid, but decides to take a shot anyways and hits the other kid in the back with the puck, stick and puck is better in the summer when there is no one there.

Hit all the fucking kids in the faces with pucks.

WELCOME TO HOCKEY SCHOOL, I'LL BE YOUR COACH: JUSTICE

THE DUCKS ARE A FAIRLY DECENT TEAM THIS YEAR AND ALL THE PRESEASON ANALYSTS CAN SUCK MY FUCKING DICK BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO BE WRONG LIKE THEY ALWAYS ARE

TSN POWER PRESEASON CROTCH SUCKING RANKINGS:

1. MY CROTCH
2. SOMEONE ELSES CROTCH (HERETIC?)
3. THE CROTCH OF JEHOVAH
4. BRIAN HAYWARDS CHUBBY TUBTHUMPER
5. WILDWINGS CROTCH
6. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGERS RUBBER BABY BUGGY BUMPER
7. QUEENS SUCK

Hit all the fucking kids in the faces with pucks.

WELCOME TO HOCKEY SCHOOL, I'LL BE YOUR COACH: JUSTICE

Sadly, most of them deserve it.

So are we talking like... Hockey shot or bullet shot?

Is that actually going to somebody or are you displaying it proudly?

And speaking of which, on monday I have 3 gifts going out for some folk.

If I can find the other, it will be going to someone.

Top Bottom