• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Montresor

Retrospect being what? After four games?

"a little much" - he's talking about the money and/or term

I meant the money is a little much, $4million for a backup. Then again, $5.333million (Luongo's salary) for a backup is also too much money. Both of them are good goaltenders (although Luongo's stats are much much better so far this season) but in either case you have a lot of money sitting on the bench, no matter who is the hot hand or the indisputable starter.

The "in retrospect" part was probably not needed.

Solo

Thanks. And yeah, I'm not one of those guys.

You'll be fine then. The only trouble I've ever witnessed was a Bruins fan getting beat up. Drunk, as were the guys who fought him.

But there's no better place to watch a game than the Bell Centre, and Montreal is just an amazing city. I definitely recommend you do it sometime.

Alucard

Banned
Anybody else going out for poutine week in Montreal? 30 restaurants are participating. Going to try some General Tao poutine tonight, and maybe some shepherd's pie poutine.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised the Sabres haven't been getting nastier with Montreal taking all those extra shots when Miller has the puck covered. Not that they're doing anything really bad.

Fei

I'm surprised the Sabres haven't been getting nastier with Montreal taking all those extra shots when Miller has the puck covered. Not that they're doing anything really bad.

I don't think the Sabres would even notice with how they're playing.

Socreges

Banned
I meant the money is a little much, $4million for a backup. Then again, $5.333million (Luongo's salary) for a backup is also too much money. Both of them are good goaltenders (although Luongo's stats are much much better so far this season) but in either case you have a lot of money sitting on the bench, no matter who is the hot hand or the indisputable starter.

The "in retrospect" part was probably not needed.
But neither is a backup. Both are starters and thus get paid as such. Too much money sitting on the bench right now but this is just temporary until Luongo is moved. That could be tomorrow, or in six months.

What do you feel the mistake was? The situation is less than ideal (though awesome that Schneider has developed so well and made it possible to move Luongo's contract), but I'm not sure what I'd do differently.

(aside from not giving Luongo that contract years ago)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boring ass game, but Habs are playing it well nonetheless. If Buffalo gets the first goal after all this pressure, the building will collapse. Nice to see Gally getting so much ice time.

Solo

I HATED Bourque last season.
I LOVE Bourque this season. Dat work ethic. He looks like Cole this season.

Socreges

Banned
Volchenkov... wow

And lol at the NHL Network's justification for Malkin's horrible defensive coverage. If you want an MVP player, you have to put up with them not wanting to play defense sometimes... really?

Solo

All Habs in the first.

Move the Pleky line up to first line.
Move the Gally line up to second line.
Drop the DD line down to third line.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
15-1 shots for Habs.

It looked like the third period of Buffalo VS Bruins, I was worried they were going to score on one shot. They got good defensive and goalie.

Usually though we shoot way more in the first period and the other teams pick up afterwards. Hopefully we continue with the same play in 2nd.

Red_Man

I HATED Bourque last season.
I LOVE Bourque this season. Dat work ethic. He looks like Cole this season.
And Cole looks like shit. I think this is the first time a player has said they plan on bouncing back and have been working hard, and they actually do it. Night and day player from last year.

Red_Man

Hopefully Subban gets more ice time the rest of the game, he looked like he hasn't missed a game.

Montresor

But neither is a backup. Both are starters and thus get paid as such. Too much money sitting on the bench right now but this is just temporary until Luongo is moved. That could be tomorrow, or in six months.

What do you feel the mistake was? The situation is less than ideal (though awesome that Schneider has developed so well and made it possible to move Luongo's contract), but I'm not sure what I'd do differently.

(aside from not giving Luongo that contract years ago)

I think the mistake might be giving Scheider that contract. That, or the organization's push to make Scheinder the new starter (or maybe it was the media who made me think this, shrug).

Why not keep Luongo? You can trade Schneider for a better package than what Luongo will get you.

Socreges

Banned
NHL commentators obviously paid to:

- fellate Crosby whenever possible
- say "Sidney Crosby" constantly

I swear the colour guy said "Sidney Crosby" about 10 times in the span of a minute

Marvie_3

Banned
I think the mistake might be giving Scheider that contract. That, or the organization's push to make Scheinder the new starter (or maybe it was the media who made me think this, shrug).

Why not keep Luongo? You can trade Schneider for a better package than what Luongo will get you.

Not anymore. Schneider is a headcase who is suffering from lengthy bouts of depression due to Luongo getting more starts. His career may be in danger.

NHL commentators obviously paid to:

- fellate Crosby whenever possible
- say "Sidney Crosby" constantly

I swear the colour guy said "Sidney Crosby" about 10 times in the span of a minute

Because Sidney Crosby is the face of the nhl, Sidney Crosby stopped the lockout, Sidney Crosby is making the Canadians outshoot buffalo 15-1, Sidney Crosby will cure cancer

SIDNEY CROSBY

Revenant

Not anymore. Schneider is a headcase who is suffering from lengthy bouts of depression due to Luongo getting more starts. His career may be in danger.

Not to mention the way the crowd was booing luongo everytime he touched the puck last night. This goalie controversy is really causing some bitter feelings.

Red_Man

How about Gomez, he ripped it last year
oP13bOL.jpg

AAAANNNNNNDDDDDIIIIIIII

Red_Man

Healy is such an idiot

"They have WOKEN up Crosby, 2 points and PLUS 3"

Stfu Healy.

C Jones

Marty getting lit up today. Nice to see the Pens playing with a pulse. They were so boring to watch the last few games.

Top Bottom