• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Socreges

Banned
In retrospect doesn't Schneider's contract seem a little much now? You can only call Luongo's contract bad if you think he will retire early, because then your team would be penalized heavily with the new rules against cap circumvention. But Luongo is clearly an elite goaltender, and always has been.

I'm still glad, in either case, that the Leafs still have Bozak and Kadri. I may change my tune in the next couple of months if (when) Reimer starts sucking.

edit: Changed my wording re: Schneider's contract a bit.
Retrospect being what? After four games?

Fei

Wow, Sabres are 8-0-1 in their last 9 against Montreal. I feel like we always have close games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, Sabres are 8-0-1 in their last 9 against Montreal. I feel like we always have close games.
That surprised me too, definitely feels like it's been a lot closer. Hopefully Buffalo blew their load on Boston.

Red_Man

Therrien wants them to show some class and not celebrate like two kids on a playground. Falls in line with the rest of his philosophy, which so far has mostly worked great for the team.
I see where it's coming from, but I think that's going a bit far. It's harmless and the fans love it, people are just too uptight. Can't have any character or charismatic players in the NHL now can we!

Solo

I see where it's coming from, but I think that's going a bit far. It's harmless and the fans love it, people are just too uptight. Can't have any character or charismatic players in the NHL now can we!

It's not like Subban is going to stop being Subban. He'll still be mouthy/cocky out there, still throw the big hits, still get the crowd going.

Red_Man

It's not like Subban is going to stop being Subban. He'll still be mouthy/cocky out there, still throw the big hits, still get the crowd going.
If they keep trying to restrict him like this he may not. MT can't make the same mistake JM did and try and tame him or else he's walking in 2 years.

Solo

If they keep trying to restrict him like this he may not. MT can't make the same mistake JM did and try and tame him or else he's walking in 2 years.

I don't see this as a taming. I see this as Therrien wanting the players to put the team ahead of themselves.

Red_Man

Going with 11 F and 7 D and White is sitting. Dunno why he needs 7 D but whatever floats his boat, hopefully Eller can play at C and get his game back together.

Fei

So Buffalo has a line of Scott-Ellis-McCormick? That might be the least skilled line in the NHL.

Red_Man

So Buffalo has a line of Scott-Ellis-McCormick? That might be the least skilled line in the NHL.
Ruff is doing him self disservice dressing Scott, not much beef between the teams, and no one would fight Scott anyways.

Edit: Eller is still with Cole and DD /facepalm

Socreges

Banned
I don't see this as a taming. I see this as Therrien wanting the players to put the team ahead of themselves.
If the Habs were 12-20 on the season and this news came out, would you still defend this and argue it somehow isn't taming? I feel like he could ask them to do just about anything and you'd trust/defend him since he seems to have a good affect on the team.

Fei

Ruff is doing him self disservice dressing Scott, not much beef between the teams, and no one would fight Scott anyways.

Yeah, it's really strange to put Scott in over Gerbe. I haven't been able to see any games since our first, so maybe Gerbe has just been a trainwreck?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Edit: Eller is still with Cole and DD /facepalm

I wish they'd try DD on the wing on that line.

Like you mentioned before, this better not be the beginning of taming Subban. I want to see him out there throwing ass checks and laughing when someone tries to get him to fight.

Solo

If the Habs were 12-20 on the season and this news came out, would you still defend this and argue it somehow isn't taming? I feel like he could ask them to do just about anything and you'd trust/defend him since he seems to have a good affect on the team.

Well, duh? Of course! Therrien has so far had an amazingly positive effect on changing the culture of the team, and until such time as he gives me reason not too, I will have faith in his decisions.

As to the first part of your post, well, winning has the great effect of having the glass seem half full in all cases.

Socreges

Banned
Well, duh? Of course! Therrien has so far had an amazingly positive effect on changing the culture of the team, and until such time as he gives me reason not too, I will have faith in his decisions.

As to the first part of your post, well, winning has the great effect of having the glass seem half full in all cases.
I eagerly await the inevitable downfall and your consequent turn. ;)

Had no idea Gamecenter would be available here in New Zealand, finally back to watching the NHL for the first time in years! Looks like I'm in good company here as a Leafs fan, for better or worse... looking forward to the Leafs/Bruins game later today!

Therrien wants them to show some class and not celebrate like two kids on a playground. Falls in line with the rest of his philosophy, which so far has mostly worked great for the team.

Oh ffs, it isn't hurting anyone.

This.

And also this. Do you really want to scare him off?

This is the NHL. NO HAVINGFUN LEAGUE

I guess.

Revenant

So if Bolland is hurt for awhile, which may be the case since he's being "re-evaluated" according to Q, is this the time we finally tell Sharp it's time to play Center......

no of course not, because Brandon Saad totally played center once at a pickup game at a rink in his hometown and he is now a NHL center /GMBowman

Yeah, it's really strange to put Scott in over Gerbe. I haven't been able to see any games since our first, so maybe Gerbe has just been a trainwreck?

I think the last concussion really messed him up. :\ He hasn't been the same since getting two of them in the past year. He's up to 4 for his career now?

Marvie_3

Banned
So if Bolland is hurt for awhile, which may be the case since he's being "re-evaluated" according to Q, is this the time we finally tell Sharp it's time to play Center......

no of course not, because Brandon Saad totally played center once at a pickup game at a rink in his hometown and he is now a NHL center /GMBowman
I don't understand Sharp not playing center. Our 3rd line isn't as good without Bolland and Stalberg getting pushed down to that line doesn't do us any good either. If Sharp has a problem with moving to center, then scratch him. He's played like shit lately and needs a wakeup call.

Fei

Myers, wow. WTF was that.

I think the last concussion really messed him up. :\ He hasn't been the same since getting two of them in the past year. He's up to 4 for his career now?

Yeah, he did jackshit last year, but he was on the checking line the whole time.

Fei

Would it be safe going to Montreal in a Sabres jersey? Seems like a great place to catch a game.

Z2QNVd7.jpg

Conaaacherrrrrrr! Stealing that top place from my boy Vladi.

I wish we played in such a shitty division.

Nah. Bolts are my East team. That's some awesome output. Look forward to the race for the Calder

Top Bottom