• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

calder

He didn't even react.
I blame this loss on YouTube. Curse you CanucksHD.

garrett_j2.jpeg

"NERD ALERT! Hahaha, fucking nerds and their nerd shit. That's why I try not to overthink."

bremon

Looks like not for quite some time. A 13-0-3 Chicago team should be a fun game to watch Tuesday though...

Calgary, Sunday 3rd it's looking like. I count only 11 more NW games in the season though. It's not all sunshine and roses from here on out.

And Marvie... yeah. Those days are a little while out yet though. As an Edmontonian, if the Oilers finally get good, that will just mean more fun nights out on the town for me anyway. Calgary will stay in the trash can for the foreseeable future, and I'm not sure what to think of the Avalanche.

RC

Banned
They ain't winning right now, and that ol' boy Lou can't keep the barn door closed, but dagnabbit, there goes one heck of a team.

bremon

They don't need any help from Toews to expose themselves as a bunch of diving pussies.
Real talk. Toews was salty as fuck when he was talking that trash though.

Do Canucks fan honestly believe they're a good team when their record is inflated by NW division games and is terrible elsewhere?
Their NW pts don't do anything for them in the post-season, and they had a Cup in sight before Aaron Rome decided to show Horton the pearly gates.

Is it normal for Kesler and Burrows to start shootouts?
Yeah, fairly common sight, even though Burrows is Zoolander, and his Blue Steel forehand, backhand roof is pretty much is only move, the Canucks are sorely lacking for SO options. Hank and Dank are brutal.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tuesday.

Let the salteth overfloweth!

Oh god, me and Tabris posted the same thing! I need booze.

You need booze after everything you do, so that's not really the statement you thought you were making.

Do Canucks fan honestly believe they're a good team when their record is inflated by NW division games and is terrible elsewhere?

Their NW pts don't do anything for them in the post-season, and they had a Cup in sight before Aaron Rome decided to show Horton the pearly gates.

A Canucks fan responding to salt with a well thought-out and true post? You, I like you. And I agree whole-heartedly. (Even though we probably would've lost against Boston even without the Horton/Rome incident). We've lost against the future Cup Winner the last 3 years in the playoffs, so even with inflated NW points, we're not JUST lucky. There's skill there, we just haven't been able to make that last, final step yet.

Marvie_3

Banned
LOL

So Rome's hit was responsible for all this?
-Only scoring 8 goals in 7 games.
-Getting outscored 21-3 in the 4 Bruins wins
-Luongo getting yanked twice, one of those times being the next game after talking shit about Thomas
-Sedins combining for a whopping 5 points in 7 games

Acid08

Banned
Toews' had a pretty cool goal earlier. The overhead shot of his stick just barely getting there before Quick's glove is dope.

bremon

LOL

-Luongo getting yanked twice, one of those times being the next game after talking shit about Thomas
Well I'm certainly not saying "durr hurr hurr big hit on Horton = no Cup" but they were up 2-0 in the series before that, so you can definitely say game 3 was when shit started to go sideways.

Chicago embarrassed them a few times in the first round, and they still came out on top of that series.

CCF23

LOL

It was widely reported that after the Rome hit Chara gave some big speech to the B's about the way they were playing and they rolled the Canucks in Boston after that.

Canucks might've lost regardless, but the Rome hit was definitely a turning point in galvanizing the Bruins.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

That wasn't even the original question, either. It was whether the Canucks were a good team regardless of the weak NW - the answer is yes, as their playoff record shows. They're obviously not the best, but a run to Game 7 of the SCF and losing 3 years in a row to the eventual cup winner isn't "crappy" either.

Acid08

Banned
That wasn't even the original question, either. It was whether the Canucks were a good team regardless of the weak NW - the answer is yes, as their playoff record shows. They're obviously not the best, but a run to Game 7 of the SCF and losing 3 years in a row to the eventual cup winner isn't "crappy" either.
It's not even worth arguing over.

sant

It was widely reported that after the Rome hit Chara gave some big speech to the B's about the way they were playing and they rolled the Canucks in Boston after that.

Canucks might've lost regardless, but the Rome hit was definitely a turning point in galvanizing the Bruins.

The same thing happened when we played the Hawks in the first round. They were a completely different team in games 4-7 than they were in 1-3.

RC

Banned
I assume Desibabu is referencing Seinfeld hence what i said. noone be concerned about my nonexistent joke wife.

You'd be correct sir. I don't fornicate with nonexistent wives.
I'm dissapointed in you Smiley. I blame your Swiss upbringing.

Top Bottom