• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

I asked about this year. Their play in past years is a bit irrelevant. I'm legitimately curious as to whether you guys feel they're as good as their record indicates. Not trying to troll at all.

CCF23

I asked about this year. Their play in past years is a bit irrelevant. I'm legitimately curious as to whether you guys feel they're as good as their record indicates. Not trying to troll at all.

They've played pretty well. You have to remember, northworst or not, we've played the first dozen games essentially without a second line. To come out of that stretch 8-2-2 before Kesler came back is impressive, regardless of the competition.

But there are a couple of positives over last year so far...

Raymond looks like a legitimate top 6 player again.

Schroeder and Kassian look capable of making NHL level contributions.

There's questions, for sure, but I'm content with the Canucks right now.

sant

Well the West looks a lot weaker than years past, so I'd say they are as good as their record indicates.

Come playoff time it's a whole different story. I don't think they will do much as it stands now. We don't have a third line centre and this whole goalie clusterfuck won't help us either. Scoring depth is a huge problem also. The Sedins, Burrows, and Edler are the only players you can count on for offense. Kesler is still a huge question mark in my opinion, Booth hasn't shown anything in his time here, Raymond hasn't done much in the playoffs, and Higgins and Hansen are 3rd line players.

If we somehow get a capable 2nd line winger and a 3rd line centre I think they'll do fine. Then again, what team doesn't need players like that?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's Swatch, now watch.

Yes, I'm Swiss.

The holes in the cheese are due to CO2-producing bacteria.

RC

Banned
Kraft American Cheese singles smothered with Velveeta equals the greatest cheese ever.

I cast thee out!

PfrO9Py.jpg

Top Bottom