• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Solo

Today I've learned that Marvie doesn't understand comedic exaggeration.

I'll break it down for you: the Sabres are playing so terrible that they are making the Habs look that good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is Cole just doing afternoon games now since he's in bed by 6
As obvious as it is he doesn't realize what's going on most of the time, I still love him. He is hockey, but I did love the call where he got Armstrong (20) and Gallagher (73) mixed up somehow, even though Gallagher is 5'7.

Solo

2 periods of domination by the Habs. I'd make a Patrick Roy joke about Price, but I don't want Marvie to get confused.

Montresor

What do you do? Are you suggesting you don't sign Schneider (he wasn't getting less than $3.5-4m per year), trade his RFA rights, and hold onto Luongo?

Hold on to Luongo for sure. The 10-year contract hanging over the organization's head is only an issue if he retires early. I believe he'll still play at a high level for many years. My thought process is, I would much, much rather have Luongo than Schneider as a Canucks fan (and Leafs fan too).

----

I'm at work right now, just about an hour left to go in this shift, then I'm off to hang out with buddies to watch hockey at a restaurant. =)

Solo

I can't wait until Collberg comes over from Sweden. Collberg-Galchenyuk-Gallagher for the next 10 years? Yes please.

Socreges

Banned
Hold on to Luongo for sure. The 10-year contract hanging over the organization's head is only an issue if he retires early. I believe he'll still play at a high level for many years. My thought process is, I would much, much rather have Luongo than Schneider as a Canucks fan (and Leafs fan too).

----

I'm at work right now, just about an hour left to go in this shift, then I'm off to hang out with buddies to watch hockey at a restaurant. =)
Well, it's an issue for years before because he might retire early. And it's a massive penalty if he does retire early.

Let's say he does play until he's 42/43 and goes to the end of his contract. What are the odds that he merits a $5.3m cap hit at that age and the preceding years? How many opportunities to get a cheaper+equal/better goalie do you pass up in those years because you have an unmovable contract? You say that you think he'll play at a high level for "many" years. I agree. But will he play at a high level for ten more years? Brodeur is 40 and even he hasn't been himself over the last few seasons (though he was great at times in the playoffs last season).

Kind of. If not, pretty close.
I didn't realize Oxycontin jokes were so taboo

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can't wait until Collberg comes over from Sweden. Collberg-Galchenyuk-Gallagher for the next 10 years? Yes please.
Kristo will probably make the team next year, one of our most underrated prospects, has plenty of top 6 upside.

Enroth starting the 3rd, first time Miller's ever been pulled in Montreal.

Fei

ieg1YlQbYc9mA.gif

Solo

Habs have 4 or more goals in 5 of 7 games so far. Amazing, especially considering how offensively-starved we've been for the past few seasons.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Diaz. Even when the team is dominating, Price can't get those easy 13 save shutouts that St.Louis get all the time.

Top Bottom