• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Quick

Banned
izQUSAaVaq4lw.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yes he should.

Kessel's first line faces the toughest defensive players on the other team. Grabo's 2nd line shuts down the toughest offensive players on the other team. Meanwhile Kadri and Frattin get sheltered minutes against weak opposition and flourish as a result.

yeah, this is why grabovski isn't tearing it up with his usual 25-30 goals. He's drawing defensive assignments.

So long as Kadri keeps putting them in, I think that's fine.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
We have to be the worst fucking fighting team in the NHL. Every time one starts I already know we're going to lose.

Yes he should.

Kessel's first line faces the toughest defensive players on the other team. Grabo's 2nd line shuts down the toughest offensive players on the other team. Meanwhile Kadri and Frattin get sheltered minutes against weak opposition and flourish as a result.

I really dont think thats it. He has improved a lot. I want to see Bozak on 3rd and Kadri on 1st. The only thing I see is maybe he is a liability on the faceoff.

Montresor

I get the feeling that Burke is smiling from somewhere.

A guy who preached truculence four years ago and iced a cream puff team year after year has nothing to smile about.

Lol Gudbranson just called Komarov a fucking piece of shit. Komarov is AWESOME! Let the salt floweth.

Solo

Clearly Cole needs more icetime.

Indeed. I think the only way to break him out of his slump is 30 minutes of ice time and first line PP time. That'll do it!

Pleky line should be the first line, Patches-AGally-BGally should be the second line, DD and Cole should either be Eller's wingers on the third line or be demoted all the way to the fourth.

cube444

A guy who preached truculence four years ago and iced a cream puff team year after year has nothing to smile about.

Lol Gudbranson just called Komarov a fucking piece of shit. Komarov is AWESOME! Let the salt floweth.

But this is still essentially his team and coach.

Montresor

I really dont think thats it. He has improved a lot. I want to see Bozak on 3rd and Kadri on 1st. The only thing I see is maybe he is a liability on the faceoff.

I agree that Kadri has improved tremendously. But I would rather he continues to play quiet, productive minutes without the pressure of producing with Kessel. Either way, he's piling up the points.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That's true, but if Burke was still here, my guess is that Connolly and Lombardi would still be on the team, and Kadri and Frattin would either be playing for the Marlies or the Canucks.

Naah. He leaves who plays more to the coach then him making the calls.

Cactus

Banned
Naah. He leaves who plays more to the coach then him making the calls.
He liked to tell people that, but signing or trading for certain players is essentially a hint to your coach to give that player ice time. I doubt he would have been happy with Carlyle sitting guys like Connolly and Liles if he was still here right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He liked to tell people that, but signing or trading for certain players is essentially a hint to your coach to give that player ice time. I doubt he would have been happy with Carlyle sitting guys like Connolly and Liles if he was still here right now.

If that was also the case then Komisarek would have been playing a lot more the last season too.

It boiled down to the coach (Wilson) more than Burke. He did not like Kadri or Franson and now both are becoming pivotal parts of our team. It honestly might be a blessing that Burke hung on to Wilson as long as he did because we were able to get Carlyle.

Obviously we'll look back in a few years and see if this worked out or not but for now it's all good.

Top Bottom