• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

OnPoint

Markstrom called up? Huberdeau owning fools? Hard not to be excited about the Panthers right now despite the record. Loved watching the game tonight... it's all about the youth now!

HuberdeauPenaltyShotBryzgalovStickToss.gif

This is one of those GIFs that's asking for someone to extend it with where the stick goes after he launches it.

toro5741

Rick DiPietro will be placed on waivers today.

Long overdue. I've always been a little taken aback by the vitriolic hate he's gotten from some Isles fans and the constant mocking he's received at the hands of other team's fans for signing a contract that was offered to him and then sustaining a number of injuries, but the fact is he's an absolute liability on the ice and it's time for the Islanders to see what they have in Kevin Poulin.

Merguson

Banned
Leafs should offer to take on his contract for something, like a decent prospect or good pick in return.

Is Charles Wang that cheap enough?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Reimer participating in practice today. He can't be too far off from returning now.

Luckily with Scrivens doing well for the time being there is no pressure for him to return to quickly.

Acid08

Banned
Hossa, Seabrook, and Carcillo are in tonight for Chicago.

Braun is out for us in favor of Murray. Amazing decision to put the pylon who can't pass in. Should be great for our break outs smfh.

Spl1nter

Is JVR another fleecing?

Is Luke Schenn still a pylon?

Trade works for both teams. Each team is a lot better off with a player in that respective position. Leafs would have been fucked when Lupul went down without JVR. Philly would be in even more trouble without schenn on the blue line.

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy shit.

Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait

#NHLJets athletic therapist just spoke to media about Zach Redmond accident. His season is done. Will be in hospital for a wk #bn

#NHLJets athletic therapist Rob Mallette said Zach Redmond lost at least a litre of blood. Credited staff. Redmond in good spirits today #bn

#NHLJets athletic therapist Rob Mallette said Asst coach Perry Pearn's jacket was used as a tourniquet and Anthony Peluso helped w wound #bn

Details of #NHLJets statement on Zach Redmond: underwent three hours surgery to repair 'laceration to his right femoral artery and vein.#bn

Curufinwe

Trade works for both teams. Each team is a lot better off with a player in that respective position. Leafs would have been fucked when Lupul went down without JVR. Philly would be in even more trouble without schenn on the blue line.

No Luke Schenn would have meant a lot more actual pylons on the ice in Lilja and Foster. I've been pleasantly surprised by his mobility, and while he's made some poor decisions that have led to goals, so has his partner Timonen.

He's also the only Flyer apart from Rinaldo who hits anyone.

Spl1nter

No Luke Schenn would have meant a lot more actual pylons on the ice in Lilja and Foster. I've been pleasantly surprised by his mobility, and while he's made some poor decisions that have led to goals, so has his partner Timonen.

He's also the only Flyer apart from Rinaldo who hits anyone.

Thats what I said. So we agree :)

Has anyone said yet how exactly the accident happened? From the sound of it two players fell and unlucky skate blade. Real fucking scary if you listen to the current tsn video about it "Acting Fast" on tsn.

Top Bottom