• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Tabris

+/-...Truly the greatest stat ever and it totally matters.

It definitely matters. It helps in telling a story of your defensive responsibility against your offensive output as an organized line or D pairing while even strength. Bieksa is a +6 and Edler is a -1. Both are averaging around the same time on ice. Who's being more responsible defensively? Sure it doesn't show details into the match ups, but we know our top 4 play pretty solid across the board match ups.

Henrik Sedin has only been on the ice for 4 goals against (Daniel 5). That's a pretty telling number also.

CCF23

It definitely matters. It helps in telling a story of your defensive responsibility against your offensive output as an organized line or D pairing while even strength. Bieksa is a +6 and Edler is a -1. Both are averaging around the same time on ice.

Henrik Sedin has only been on the ice for 4 goals against (Daniel 5). That's a pretty telling number also.

Mark Fraser in the running for the Norris confirmed then?

I mean, +13. Wow!

Tabris

The problem with +/- Tabris is that it tells a far smaller percentage of the story than people might think.

I thought you were ignoring me.

Anyways, I think it does a good job with showing the issues (minor) with the Canucks right now. The 2nd line hasn't been great defensively and neither has Alex Edler. So I think we'll be all kinds of awesome once those two things are addressed.

Quick

Banned
Plus-minus is too static a statistic to mean anything other than "you were on the ice for x amount of goals scored for and against your team." It's not my favourite stat to say the least. It's definitely useful along with time on ice, though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Brett Capjak ‏@Bcap88
@CP0031 hey u bum. u face 10 shots and give up 2 goals. stevie fucking wonder could do a better job

carey price ‏@CP0031
@Bcap88 I'm still your moms favourite player

Like a goddamn boss.

Quick

Banned
Brett Capjak ‏@Bcap88
@CP0031 hey u bum. u face 10 shots and give up 2 goals. stevie fucking wonder could do a better job

carey price ‏@CP0031

Like a goddamn boss.

iBgnPbnYNzTvp.gif

Tabris

I tried to Tabris, but since everyone loves quoting you it's a huge waste of time.

I got a solution for you. Just put everyone who quotes me on ignore!

EDIT - I never really used ignore before, it works nicely. I see a whole bunch of This message is hidden because wsoxfan1214 is on your ignore list.

I just pretend he's saying very nice things like "Hey Tabris! How are you doing today? Life is awesome, ain't it? We should go grab a beer!"

Acid08

Banned
Brett Capjak ‏@Bcap88

carey price ‏@CP0031

Like a goddamn boss.
Athletes on Twitter who aren't Luongo, the worst.

I got a solution for you. Just put everyone who quotes me on ignore!

EDIT - I never really used ignore before, it works nicely. I see a whole bunch of This message is hidden because wsoxfan1214 is on your ignore list.

I just pretend he's saying very nice things like "Hey Tabris! How are you doing today? Life is awesome, ain't it? We should go grab a beer!"

Keep pretending, dumbass.

Edit: A beer with you? ahahahahahaha.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's alright, but only for defensemen.

Even then it's bad. Chicago's defensemen got a -1 for those shitty goals Crawford let in in overtime during the Phoenix series.

If you hop on the ice 2 seconds before a goal, you get a +1 even if you had absolutely nothing to do with the play.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Markstrom called up? Huberdeau owning fools? Hard not to be excited about the Panthers right now despite the record. Loved watching the game tonight... it's all about the youth now!

HuberdeauPenaltyShotBryzgalovStickToss.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mark Fraser in the running for the Norris confirmed then?

I mean, +13. Wow!

Racist!

He's black.

Racist!

Also it's time for you bitches to admit you were wrong about my boy Kessel. He has steadily been improving every year he's been on the Leafs. Where once he was a complete liability when he wasn't scoring goals he's now becoming a pretty solid playmaker as well.

Admit it guys, Phil Kessel is the second best fat guy in the league!

Byfuglien is #1

Markstrom called up? Huberdeau owning fools? Hard not to be excited about the Panthers right now despite the record. Loved watching the game tonight... it's all about the youth now!

HuberdeauPenaltyShotBryzgalovStickToss.gif

It gets funnier every time. The ref sees the stick and says "NOPE."

Today is a huge game. Markstrom vs the Pens, really great to get the win in Philly but this game is huge.

EDIT:

Racist!

Racist!

Also it's time for you bitches to admit you were wrong about my boy Kessel. He has steadily been improving every year he's been on the Leafs. Where once he was a complete liability when he wasn't scoring goals he's now becoming a pretty solid playmaker as well.

Admit it guys, Phil Kessel is the second best fat guy in the league!

Byfuglien is #1

Kessel's not fat. He's momentum-enhanced. There's a difference.

CrankyJay

Banned
Amazing and classy goodbye just now from Lindy Ruff...I really fucking hate our players and Darcy right now. We just lost an amazing coach and person.

Top Bottom