• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
bergevin_zps9f17bf6d.jpg

MacAttack

It's going to suck seeing Ryder play against the Bruins. You know he will be more focused during those games and come back to haunt us.

Ryder would be great on the third line with Kelly and Peverley. Too bad the Bruins couldn't trade for him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Any draft pick with Timmins is amazing news. Emelin, Weber, White and Plekanec all came from the 3rd round.

Red_Man

Good point made on twitter, Bergevin could be doing this in preparation to make a big push for Perry if he hits UFA, sorry Heretic / Dastardly :(

Solo

WE TRADED COLE FOR RYDER???????

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razorskin

----- ------
What a great trade Bergevin, I hope Cole continues his slump.

I think the Habs now have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of this draft. Hopefully they hang on to them.

Solo

Seriously though, Bergevin is a fucking pimp.

- Gets Price locked up long term
- Drafts Gally (okay that was Timmins, whatever, it goes under Bergevin's tenure)
- Hammers Subban into submission
- Fleeces Dallas to get fan favorite Michael Ryder back where he belongs plus a good draft pick

Red_Man

habs will have close to 20mil in cap space next season, someone is getting paid
Eller, Emelin, Diaz, and Subban all have new contracts coming up in the next year or two and like I mentioned, Bergevin will probably make a run at a top UFA. He just keeps on rolling.

I think Derharnais is the only one that needs to be resigned next season that will get a raise.
Forgot about him. His play will help Bergevin in his negotiations though, he still needs to move a center at some point. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if it's Plekanec, he's said before he's focusing on a young team going forward and Gally / Eller will make a great 1/2.

Solo

BTW, you wanna talk instant chemistry? Plug Ryder in to Plekanec's line - they played together for 4 seasons previously. Fucking smart trade.

EDIT: Dastardly, he was great last year. But this year? Dogshit. He looks old, slow, doesn't drive the net like he used too, can't score. Just generally useless.

Sanjuro

Just looked at the realignment...the fuck?

I like bringing Detroit over, but kick out those bum fucking teams in Florida and bring Philly and NY Rangers into the Central. It'll be like a private party as we mock the filthy poors from the other divisions and the Maple Leafs.

Just looked at the realignment...the fuck?

I like bringing Detroit over, but kick out those bum fucking teams in Florida and bring Philly and NY Rangers into the Central. It'll be like a private party as we mock the filthy poors from the other divisions and the Maple Leafs.

Florida would get absolutely no draw then.

Red_Man

I want to see Ryder play with Gally personally, I think they would be a great fit for each other. With Bourque out indefinitely, Ryder moves up to 1st or 2nd and Prust down to Gallys line I would imagine.

Solo

Healthy lineup:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Ryder
Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust
Moen-Nokelainen-White

Sit/trade: Armstrong, Gionta

Is how I'd line them up. Fuck, we need to get rid of Gio. Like Cole, he looks done.

Montresor

Callahan with a beastly shift!!!

Haha and that effort from Callahan is wasted. Jokinen scores.

Rangers disintegrating. Great snipe by Kane.

Top Bottom