• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Veteran. Rookie. Simple equation. Most young guys will do it out of respect/not wanting to come off as a primadonna. Kind of like Gally sticking with the #27 they gave him.

Besides, I can see Bergevin re-signing Ryder to a 1 or 2 year deal provided things work out like we hope they will.
For a guy who's probably not going to be here next year and after half the season is gone? That's just dumb. I don't see them re-signing him, Bergevin is trying to get rid of the older players with bigger contracts, and we'll have others from Hamilton coming up. Plus I still think Bergevin takes a run at Perry.

Alucard

Banned
Some of the Stars' recent trades:

2011: Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski

Neal:
40G 41A in 80 games last season.
Tied for the league lead in goals this season. (13 in 20 games)

Niskanen:
4G 17A in 75 games last season.
3G 3A in 12 games this season.

Goligoski:
9G 21A in in 71 games last season.
0G 8A in 18 games this season.

Goligoski hasn't been bad, but man...

4289448.bin.jpg

"I'd buy that for 7.3 million dollars."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit the Rangers powerplay is second LAST in the league? What the hell is up with that team?
Hey man, that's a big improvement! We used to be LAST last.

This third period was the best we looked in a while. Lost by giving up bad goals.

There's hope when Nash and MDZ return.

Red_Man

Neal:
40G 41A in 80 games last season.
Tied for the league lead in goals this season. (13 in 20 games)

Niskanen:
4G 17A in 75 games last season.
3G 3A in 12 games this season.

Goligoski:
9G 21A in in 71 games last season.
0G 8A in 18 games this season.

Goligoski hasn't been bad, but man...
Great trade for the Pens, but you can't discount the effect of playing with Malkin. Still, Dallas is all over the place as of late.

Solo

For a guy who's probably not going to be here next year and after half the season is gone? That's just dumb. I don't see them re-signing him, Bergevin is trying to get rid of the older players with bigger contracts, and we'll have others from Hamilton coming up. Plus I still think Bergevin takes a run at Perry.

Ryder wouldn't get a big contract, for starters. And Perry isn't coming to Montreal.

Remember reading about it a little, but not so much. What's the story behind this?
New club section, 22k a year for all events at the arena, free food and drink. Clubs, lounges, bars, the whole thing. Dumass Yorkman puts it behind the benches and evicted season seat holders. No one likes it and it looks terrible every game.

Red_Man

Is he solid on defense? Cole?
Not really. He's a quick, hard hitting power forward who can score well when he's on his game. He had 35 goals last year and was one of the best power forwards in the game. Due to the lockout he hasn't been in the best of shape, and made some comments prior to the season starting indicating his heart wasn't really into the game as much. He's been pretty terrible this year, but he's a notoriously slow starter, and has been a little bit better as of late. Wouldn't surprise me to see him heat up again, but this is more important for the Habs because they need the cap space pretty bad. The biggest issue is he's already 34 and is only going to deteriorate more, and will be susceptible to more injuries.

Solo

Holy shit I'm seeing Leafs fans levels of delusion from some Habs fans at HF Boards. Apparently now that we've got cap space, Perry is going to sign here.

He always wanted to play in Montreal, you know.

Red_Man

Holy shit I'm seeing Leafs fans levels of delusion from some Habs fans at HF Boards. Apparently now that we've got cap space, Perry is going to sign here.

I don't think there's a great chance, but you acting like it's impossible is just as bad as those acting like it's a certainty. Remember the last time you promised something wasn't going to happen 100%?

Alucard

Banned

People say crazy things when their team is winning.

Or always if you're a Leafs fan.

Solo

I don't think there's a great chance, but you acting like it's impossible is just as bad as those acting like it's a certainty. Remember the last time you promised something wasn't going to happen 100%?

I do, and had it gone another week, I'd have been proven right ;)

The only Duck I have any interest in talking about anyways is Bobby Ryan.

Top Bottom