• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Marvie_3

Banned
So I was bored and was thinking which Hawks player would best match each member of Hawks-GAF.

Marvie gets Toews for default since he's always salty and serious even after wins, but I'm lost on myself, Rev and Apocal.
Rev - Bollig - a big guy who will punch your face in
Apocalidiot - Hjalmarsson - a dependable and often unsung hero
You - Kruger - you're a pussy who isn't good at anything

CCF23

I love it when Kesler does the ol' "HEY IM ONE OF YOUR TEAMMATES TAPPING MY STICK PASS IT TO ME" when the other team has the puck.

:lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol :lol

Although I think Rev is just a big teddy bear on the inside, even if he does toss out drunken insults at me on Live.

Razorskin

----- ------
I fucking hate that "Woo".

U4888g6.gif

It could be a decent trade if Cole decides to give a shit again, sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery. On paper, though, it is a decent fleece job by the Habs.

We shall see. Ribeiro left Montreal and became good. Ryder left Montreal and woke up with Boston and went here to Dallas and performed well.

I have a feeling Ryder didn't want to go back to Montreal haha.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We shall see. Ribeiro left Montreal and became good. Ryder left Montreal and woke up with Boston and went here to Dallas and performed well.

I have a feeling Ryder didn't want to go back to Montreal haha.
Even if Ryder is shit here, we only have him for a couple months, and we'll be clear of his and Cole's contracts, win win for us. Seeing as it's a complete change of scenery here and we're on top right now, I don't see why he wouldn't be happy with coming back.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Mhmmm, this is probably one of the most interesting statistics with regards to the proposed realignment: Change in average in-group competition, as measured by Fenwick (shots directed at net - blocked shots)

crapgraphic.jpg

So, Islanders and Nashville theoretically get easier competition, while Canucks and Edmonton get harder. (all 5 NW teams are in the bottom 6 of that statistic :lol)

Even if Ryder is shit here, we only have him for a couple months, and we'll be clear of his and Cole's contracts, win win for us. Seeing as it's a complete change of scenery here and we're on top right now, I don't see why he wouldn't be happy with coming back.

He wouldn't like coming back? Well I remember from this very thread and from many other Habs fan reactions that people wanted Ryder out of Montreal after 07-08 because he didn't perform to his 60 pt standard the year prior. But that is what I remember .. maybe the notion is different now. Even saw some reactions earlier today of "RYDER NOOOOO" (From habs fans) from a few comments on stories. The guy is great. Hope he does well up there for you guys like he did in the past :)

I'm shocked Cole had a NTC and waived it.

Stasis

Mostly a combination of "BUYOUT RICHARDS/GABORIK, FIRE TORTORELLA, HIRE LINDY RUFF!" (Seriously)

Of all these, I'm probably most on the "Fire Torts" train IF we don't make the playoffs.

I'm getting there myself despite being a big Tortorella fan. I don't know if he's losing the players, if they don't fit into his "system" anymore, or if it's just too many new guys at once but the love affair is coming to an end. Too much talent to have this record.

We should just merge with Philly and have one decent team instead of two semi-awful ones. It'd be hard at first, but our common hatred for the Pens would probably sustain us.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks are pro at negating their own PP's, it's either diving (Kesler/Sedins) or another penalty (Kassian, BURROWS)

Top Bottom