• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Solo

My prediction on Getzlaf and Perry is either they both take discounts to stay in Anaheim for the rest of their careers, or teams make a major overpayment on the market. Either way, I want Bergevin to steer clear.

With the shrinking salary cap, it's becoming more and more clear that you need to draft and develop those kinds of players in-house, not trade for them/acquire them on the market.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Ryan would be faptastic.
tumblr_m6ipyoWdP71r8fgo9.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
People say crazy things when their team is winning.

Or always if you're a Leafs fan.
We can afford to pay a lot for him and we have the money to bury contracts or buy them outright.

I'm not confident anyone will get Perry/Getzlaf though. Likely re-sign at discount long term.

Stammer91

Neo Member
Ee06g.gif

I don't get it, there was much hype about Boucher, especially after his first year.

It seems hat game where the Flyers sat around for a minute waiting for any Lightning player to forecheck broke him.

He thought up that one system and rode it to an NHL job. Now he's being exposed as a guy who can't actually run a bench.

My prediction on Getzlaf and Perry is either they both take discounts to stay in Anaheim for the rest of their careers, or teams make a major overpayment on the market.

Heh when is the last time a Canadian NHL team landed a top UFA in their prime ?

No hockey player wants to hand out half their paycheck to the CRA.

ZeroGravity

It seems hat game where the Flyers sat around for a minute waiting for any Lightning player to forecheck broke him.
I never really thought about it but you're completely right. This team has never been the same since that game.

Losing Wayne Fleming really hurt this team too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Heh when is the last time a Canadian NHL team landed a top UFA in their prime ?

No hockey player wants to hand out half their paycheck to the CRA.
You guys almost got Nash, and with the way Ottawa / Montreal are playing + their youth talent coming in, I can see the odd one willing to come and play. Bergevin gave a speech to Subban about the team and where it's going which according to his agent was one of the biggest reasons he accepted the short term deal, hopefully he could do the same to a big UFA.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN

ibqu5a07c39tgt.gif
This is my favourite gif, and favourite Harlem Shake video.

So I was bored and was thinking which Hawks player would best match each member of Hawks-GAF.

Marvie gets Toews for default since he's always salty and serious even after wins, but I'm lost on myself, Rev and Apocal.

Good win tonight. Thank god we get Lehtonen back on Thursday. Sick of this shit backup goalie shit we have been dealing with.

I have cooled off from my "Worst trade ever" stuff and I'm now starting to see Erik Cole as being pretty awesome. He wanted out of Montreal and really wants to play with Whitney and Recchi apparently said good stuff about him which helped seal the deal.

We need a presence in front of the net. No one does that on our team but Brenden Morrow because everyone is so god damn scared.

This should hopefully work well and we got him for 2 years for a good price since Ryder is going to ask for a ton.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So I was bored and was thinking which Hawks player would best match each member of Hawks-GAF.

Marvie gets Toews for default since he's always salty and serious even after wins, but I'm lost on myself, Rev and Apocal.

You're Keith because fuck you

<3

Stammer91

Neo Member
I never really thought about it but you're completely right. This team has never been the same since that game.

Losing Wayne Fleming really hurt this team too.

I think Wayne was the key to this team. The guy that made them work their asses off and outwork every team. When he had to leave is when the team started to look flawed. We need a real staff in here to coach these guys. Not this gelled up goofball and his cronies Lacroix and Raymond or that moron Frantz Jean. Cooper is going to be a great NHL coach as early as next year and Yzerman will really regret it if he lets him go.

Good win tonight. Thank god we get Lehtonen back on Thursday. Sick of this shit backup goalie shit we have been dealing with.

I have cooled off from my "Worst trade ever" stuff and I'm now starting to see Erik Cole as being pretty awesome. He wanted out of Montreal and really wants to play with Whitney and Recchi apparently said good stuff about him which helped seal the deal.

We need a presence in front of the net. No one does that on our team but Brenden Morrow because everyone is so god damn scared.

This should hopefully work well and we got him for 2 years for a good price since Ryder is going to ask for a ton.

It could be a decent trade if Cole decides to give a shit again, sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery. On paper, though, it is a decent fleece job by the Habs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers forums must be a lovely place right now.
Mostly a combination of "BUYOUT RICHARDS/GABORIK, FIRE TORTORELLA, HIRE LINDY RUFF!" (Seriously)

Of all these, I'm probably most on the "Fire Torts" train IF we don't make the playoffs. I'm increasingly convinced he has no answers for this season other than "boy I hope Nasher, Richie, and Gaby save our asses." He even had an interview recently where he blamed a lot of our sloppy play on the fact that there was no real camp and that "you can't fix those things during the season." WTF?

Tonight was simply a matter of Callahan desperately trying to carry the team on his back and the rest of the team refusing to carry their share for most of the first 50 minutes of the game. Cally stepped up and nobody had his back until it was too late. Hopefully their energy from the third period can carry over to Thursday and we can start trying to dig ourselves out of 11th fucking place.

Look at that, the vets came out and put up 60 mins and we won. Theo was terrible but I have to give a lot of respect to Clemmer he did great in relief. Our kids were a threat every shift, this is how this team should be. Great effort. I think that was for Weiss.

Flash getting his 100th goal.
Kopecky getting his 1st career hatty and 100th point.

Great night and win.

You guys almost got Nash, and with the way Ottawa / Montreal are playing + their youth talent coming in, I can see the odd one willing to come and play.

Almost ? I doubt he spent 2 seconds thinking about going anywhere but New York.

Cammalleri or Hamhuis are the biggest UFA signings by a Canadian team that I can think of in recent memory.

Technically Justin Schultz counts as well.

zedge

Offs.. so many power plays. 5 min, 4 min, nothing. Wild tie it. Ugh now Gio with the stupid covering the puck penalty with 40 sec left..

Top Bottom