• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Push/hit, it's the same to me.. A push on its own isn't illegal. Players bump/hit/shove/push each other all the time when approaching the boards to battle for the puck.

Stupid logic. You can shove a player from behind at centre ice if you want, but you can't do it 4 feet from the boards.

Montresor

Honest question, is it really a legitimate penalty to simply push someone into the boards? I know it's dangerous, but this happens ALL the time. Forget 4 feet into the boards, players are always pushing each other into the boards when battling for the puck.

When I saw the replay, it looked like Brown hit Gorges from the side, and not from behind.

If it was from behind, then my argument is weakened considerably I guess. But shoving Gorges from the side (like I think Brown did) shouldn't warrant such a harsh call in my opinion. A 5 minute major and getting kicked out of the game is ridiculous.

Honest question, is it really a legitimate penalty to simply push someone into the boards? I know it's dangerous, but this happens ALL the time. Forget 4 feet into the boards, players are always pushing each other into the boards when battling for the puck.

When I saw the replay, it looked like Brown hit Gorges from the side, and not from behind.

If it was from behind, then my argument is weakened considerably I guess. But shoving Gorges from the side (like I think Brown did) shouldn't warrant such a harsh call in my opinion. A 5 minute major and getting kicked out of the game is ridiculous.

I thought it was from the side, but Gorges was actively looking to his left. Side of the body, but behind the head i guess?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Scrivens why you so far out?

And Montresor, stop worrying about it so much. You always seem to take these things way too hard.

Top Bottom