• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Acid08

Banned
The netflix episodes are totally fine, would be good to jump into.

They have 15 or 16 seasons on there.

edit: I like all the hosts but Clarkson is my favorite. He's such an oaf and loses 90% of the time. Hammond and May are right behind him though. Love the running gag of hitting James' cars.

Thanks for the responses yall. 16 seasons? Holy shit

When you guys were saying you were watching the second episode, what was that referring to? Of this current season? Now I'm all excited and shit

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seasons are only like 8 episodes each, so they're not like american shows. First couple seasons are more serious, around season 3-4 is when they start really getting into shenanigans.

The netflix episodes are totally fine, would be good to jump into.

They have 15 or 16 seasons on there.

edit: I like all the hosts but Clarkson is my favorite. He's such an oaf and loses 90% of the time. Hammond and May are right behind him though. Love the running gag of hitting James' cars.

Hammond has slowly been growing on me where I think he may be my favorite now.

Love the trip episodes.

One of my favorite ones was the vietnam one.

Those are good but I think the actual challenge ones are more exciting because they're usually ridiculous. Especially the challenges against other countries/top gears, those have been my favorite so far I think.

Red_Man

I'm watching all the super bowl commercials now and I'm pretty sure I just saw the one with Kave_man in it :lol

Red_Man

"Gildan Getaway" should be on youtube, I'm using an add on called hot spot shield I've been using for gamcenter live blackouts that lets me watch it on Hulu

Red_Man

Ahhh.. the fucking cat. I was so confused. I thought he looked like the guy or something.

That's pretty funny that everyone was tweaking out over that
That's what I figured and I forgot about it, then I was going through all the ads and I saw that cat and it hit me :lol, dunno if I should be ashamed of that or not...

Socreges

Banned
Same as you guys. Actually sounded like Kave Man had told someone that he had a minor appearance in an ad.

BTW, great avatar, Dubbed

Heretic

Ahhh.. the fucking cat. I was so confused. I thought he looked like the guy or something.

That's pretty funny that everyone was tweaking out over that

rofl. I was about ask "Wait, when did KaveMan post his picture in this thread", then, suddenly, it all became clear. :lol

That's what I figured and I forgot about it, then I was going through all the ads and I saw that cat and it hit me :lol, dunno if I should be ashamed of that or not...

Same as you guys. Actually sounded like Kave Man had told someone that he had a minor appearance in an ad.

BTW, great avatar, Dubbed
Fell for it too...

Red_Man

Question for Heretic / Dastardly, realistically how many games would you guys expect Fasth to start this year?

i'll post this again just because...

NHL Fail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHCRoyiN5GU

Only just noticed the video title...

1140930457.jpg

Question for Heretic / Dastardly, realistically how many games would you guys expect Fasth to start this year?

I expect him to start a game for every 3 games Hiller starts. Especially since he's actually been looking stronger than Hiller has been so far...

Socreges

Banned
Fasth needs to play more. If only for the NHL.com puns.

How did Anaheim end up signing him anyhow? Was there a battle for him? Were other teams not willing to give him a one-way deal?

Red_Man

I expect him to start a game for every 3 games Hiller starts. Especially since he's actually been looking stronger than Hiller has been so far...
Hmm...alright, I'm debating between picking him up or Emery in my fantasy pool as I need another goalie badly.

How did Anaheim end up signing him anyhow? Was there a battle for him? Were other teams not willing to give him a one-way deal?

He was a heavily sought after free agent when the last SEL season finished up. He'd gotten best goaltender in the SEL for 2 years running (winning the Honken Trophy twice). Burkie was apparently chasing him hard, but Murray chased him harder. He wants NHL time badly, and Murray needed a backup for Hiller badly so it worked out very well.

Quick

Banned
Interesting thinking about Emery's career.

Backup, starter, KHL scrub, backup.

Took over the role in Ottawa as a starter from Hasek, named starter the following year, but due to poor work ethic and being a dick in general, eventually found himself out of the NHL with a career threatening injury. Back as a backup, I'm pretty sure is how he'll mostly spend the rest of his career as.

That's a gigantic slice of humble pie.

Heretic

What Dastardly said. Hiller has been so shaky. During the queens game I swore every shot on goal was going in. Fasth just needs to work a little on soaking in those shots. He's left a couple of juicy rebounds that he was able to recover but still. Hiller... just isn't looking like Hiller. And for once in... I can't even remember, our defense are actually winning the games.

^LOL *Tag quote*

Now that I'm more hungover than I should be for work I'll give some thoughts on the Cats yesterday.

D- Strachan needs to stay in the line up. He is a needed physical presence on the blue line and not afraid to go for chances. Great teammate too sticking up and ready to throw down. Kulikov is man on fire defensively. He is +4 in the last two games. He's got great speed and has been very smart in the defensive end. His offensive prowess is lacking, a real concern is that it won't develop. His shot right now is beyond terrible. He simply cannot hit the net. Weaver and Kuba need to go or be benched. 2/3 of the goals were on them. Weaver is failing miserably in simple things like covering a loose man or picking up a soft pass. Kuba may very well be the worst player in the NHL, 'nuff said.

Offense- 1st line was hardly there, I'll give it a pass as Weiss was eased in yesterday.
2nd line continues to produce. Huby continues to be an elite puck handler and playmaker. Shore gets his 1st point but has a Kessel like curse for scoring he's always so close. Mueller is the best FA signing this year. He is a fantastic finisher in this line and on a 4-game goal streak. I really hope he sticks with this org.
Kovalev is much better suited on the 3rd and point with Campbell.
Parros is winning me over after yesterday, great fight and even was on the scoring sheet. Sparked the team for sure.

Theo is getting better his 2nd and 3rd period were back to form.

Overall this team is coming back to the "never say die" attitude from last year. The actual scoring depth is a relief to have. Top line didn't score? Everyone else chips in. I think we can park the tank, the Cats are still in this.

Socreges

Banned
Bob McKenzie shoots down Luongo/Washington talk

Like he how he suggests anyone who believes it was a possibility is a "conspiracy theorist". As if he wasn't thinking the same yesterday before being told otherwise

TUSR

Banned
Bob McKenzie shoots down Luongo/Washington talk

Like he how he suggests anyone who believes it was a possibility is a "conspiracy theorist". As if he wasn't thinking the same yesterday before being told otherwise

but but but I saw Gillis at the game!

Revenant

What is this who are you when did you get here

Notice how the Avs Fan is cautious upon meeting a fellow member of its species, years of long winters have dwindled their numbers leading to paranoia and mistrust, A surprising change from other members of the ecosystem, as we have seen ducks fans seek advanced companionship and possible mating.

He was a heavily sought after free agent when the last SEL season finished up. He'd gotten best goaltender in the SEL for 2 years running (winning the Honken Trophy twice). Burkie was apparently chasing him hard, but Murray chased him harder. He wants NHL time badly, and Murray needed a backup for Hiller badly so it worked out very well.
As dstrdly said, he performed really well already the year before. Apparently a couple of teams were after him the year before but he didn´t want to move because he just had a kid, wasn´t that young anymore and didn´t get a one way deal. So he was afraid of having to move around to much with the kid being to young for it.

But when he finally moved I don´t know if more teams offered oneway deals.

Socreges

Banned
Notice how the Avs Fan is cautious upon meeting a fellow member of its species, years of long winters have dwindled their numbers leading to paranoia and mistrust, A surprising change from other members of the ecosystem, as we have seen ducks fans seek advanced companionship and possible mating.
jbqCNQJGXUriRL.png

Cake Boss

Banned
"@Steve_Lloyd: New PP unit: Karlsson-Benoit, Zibanejad-Da Costa-Silfverberg #Sens practice."

lol basically its the AHL PP featuring a Karlsson.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Callahan and Kreider were both on the ice for practice today, though in non-contact jerseys.

Guess that means Kreider is probably still at least another game or two away, and it's good to see Cally back on the ice so fast.

:lol

Waiting for Dastardly or Heretic to get to this.

Giggzy

Heretic/Dastardly, has any news come out yet about the injury to fowler? I hope it's not serious. Stoll is going to have a target on his back the next game we play against them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So Kostitsyn looks like he'll join the Cats after the KHL season is over. I'm not sure where he would fit in the line up but he could be an interesting piece to add in.

http://m.eng.hctraktor.org/main/news/?id=8407

Be prepared for another Kovalev. He doesn't have the same puck skills, but sometimes he'll crunch someone, and take the puck, or blow by a defender and score a nice goal, and you're wondering why he wasn't sought after more. Then he'll play 10 below average to average games.

Top Bottom