• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Marvie_3

Banned
Do you really care?

I don't really care but I was just curious about how it was done.

Edit:
From September to April of each year, the PBA Tour puts on a series of events for PBA members. The events are held across the United States. In addition, the PBA Tour co-hosts the Round1 Japan Cup, along with the Japan Professional Bowling Association (JPBA). And, select American members compete against their European counterparts in the Weber Cup.

Top Gear?

No the thing where everybody sounds like they like America way too much.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shanahan accepted that there was no malicious intent on Erskine's part.

3qrrJ.gif

What a dumb ass.

Top Gear?
So glad this show back now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Lol what? If PI or Holding was called it would've been 1st and goal for the offense.

Oh on the pass play. I thought he meant the punt thing where EVERYBODY was holding. Crabtree was shoving the Ravens guy down by his helmet. He could easily have been called for offensive PI. Good on the refs for letting them play.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lol what? If PI or Holding was called it would've been 1st and goal for the offense.

I think Marvie was referring to the holding on the safety play.

Oh on the pass play. I thought he meant the punt thing where EVERYBODY was holding. Crabtree was shoving the Ravens guy down by his helmet. He could easily have been called for offensive PI. Good on the refs for letting them play.

i-know-some-of-these-words_20120529130516.jpg

Now quiet.

Socreges

Banned
A penalty called in the end zone would have also resulted in the play being a safety. Would have had the same outcome whether they called it or not.
I think he was talking about the one on Crabtree where there was holding in the end zone and they turned the ball over on downs. Would've brought SF within a couple yards for their last attempt.

Socreges

Banned
Way ahead of you.
Saw that. Whoops

Don't agree that Crabtree could have gotten offensive PI. At some point he was just trying to get free (after five yards) and was being held back. They missed the call because they thought it was close enough to the line of scrimmage and didn't want the controversy, I'd guess.

Curufinwe

The men in white coats should have taken him away in a straitjacket back in April after he accepted that Neal "jumped to brace himself for an unintended collision" when he laid out Couturier with a headshot.

Socreges

Banned
The men in white coats should have taken him away in a straight jacket back in April after he accepted that Neal "jumped to brace himself for an unintended collision" when he laid out Couturier with a headshot.
I really do feel he was getting pressure from the NHL to not suspend "star" players as severely

I see.

Saw that. Whoops

Don't agree that Crabtree could have gotten offensive PI. At some point he was just trying to get free (after five yards) and was being held back. They missed the call because they thought it was close enough to the line of scrimmage and didn't want the controversy, I'd guess.

Holding is always against the rules 5 yards or not. It was a real physical game the whole time, refs were consistent in that they let 'em play.

I really do feel he was getting pressure from the NHL to not suspend "star" players as severely

Yeah they proved that to me last season.

Vietnam and Boliva are amazing. I think they go back to South America this season as well. The first US road trip is awesome as well when they have the red necks chasing them.
I died in the America one when Clarkson drives up with a whole cow on his roof.

All the trips are awesome. I'm partial to Bolivia, North Pole, and the Middle East.

Socreges

Banned
I see.

Holding is always against the rules 5 yards or not. It was a real physical game the whole time, refs were consistent in that they let 'em play.

Yeah they proved that to me last season.
But they let a lot go in those first five yards where there's contact. Not so much afterwards.

Then he suspended G for the last game of the series on a hit far less offensive?
I said star players

And he only got one game, too.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I know it gets a lot of hate, but I actually really enjoy Top Gear US as well. You need to stick with it and the presenters grow on you. Not near as good as UK TG, but still entertaining. Lots of good challenges and Tanner is an amazing driver.

Top Gear is one of the best shows ever made. US Top Gear is a huge disappointment for me.

Yep. Within 5 yards is essentially free game. No one would call that and have the game end the other way based on a tacky call. Letting them play was the right call.

Nah, holding on a WR is always supposed to get called. Especially when it leaves him with no chance at making the catch when he would've otherwise. You can jab and body contact all you want but you can't hold onto a guy and actually prevent him from accelerating.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I know it gets a lot of hate, but I actually really enjoy Top Gear US as well. You need to stick with it and the presenters grow on you. Not near as good as UK TG, but still entertaining. Lots of good challenges and Tanner is an amazing driver.

You are not alone, brother. I like Top Gear USA quite a bit, too. The best episodes are the challenge only ones. Like when they took trucks to Alaska.

Red_Man

I haven't watched a second of it, is it really worth checking out? I figured the lack of Clarkson, Hammond, and May would kill me. Their chemistry can't be duplicated.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched a second of it, is it really worth checking out? I figured the lack of Clarkson, Hammond, and May would kill me. Their chemistry can't be duplicated.

I think so. It gets better towards the end of the first season as their chemistry gets better, and season 2 is even better. They do a lot of challenges and in some cases is less scripted that UK TG.

edit: I have watched every TG UK and just enjoy it for what it is, which is still better than most TV.

I disagree with wsox unless he's just talkin bout the illegal contact. They're more strict on holding than illegal contact. It's just one of those things that doesn't get called all the time because it's impossible for refs to see a lot of the times, not because they're choosing not to call it.

The guy was pushing the defender's facemask down to the ground as well. You let them play. If the pass was closer or the play wasn't bad or even if the guy wasn't pushing his facemask down, then call it. Fine. But considering all three of those things, it's a good no call.

What is this Top Gear show you all are speaking of? I've heard of it a million times, but I don't know what channel its on, that there's a difference between US/whatever the original is (guessing UK), and if it's on Netflix.

Acid08

Banned
What is this Top Gear show you all are speaking of? I've heard of it a million times, but I don't know what channel its on, that there's a difference between US/whatever the original is (guessing UK), and if it's on Netflix.

The UK version is the original, it's on Netflix. Got on that shit.

I've watched all the specials about 6-7 times each. They're some of the purest form of entertainment on tv.

OLIVER!!!!!

Red_Man

Fuck american football
hMiVT.gif

It's a British car show with 3 different middle aged buddies who drive and review cars and do a lot of stupid shit with the cars as well, and have challenges and road trips. Their chemistry together is what makes the show, and most people enjoy it even if you don't know anything about cars. I believe some of the earlier seasons are on netflix, but I think I've read on gaf that it's the American edited versions which have butchered the music and edits along with some of the segments. It's a good place to start to see if you like it, and if you do find the other original seasons from the BBC through whatever means you can. It's also one of the most beautifully edited shows of all time, think of Planet Earth only with Ferrari's and Aston Martins. Music is top notch as well.

OLIVER!!!!!
Yes! Hammond is my favourite <3.

James Mays, then Hammond.

The guy was pushing the defender's facemask down to the ground as well. You let them play. If the pass was closer or the play wasn't bad or even if the guy wasn't pushing his facemask down, then call it. Fine. But considering all three of those things, it's a good no call.

Can't find a highlight, I want to watch it again, but I think the push on the facemask was a response to the hold. He for sure was close enough to the pass. It was a lob, he would've gotten to the ball if he wasn't held, that thing was in the air forever.

Red_Man

The challenges include stuff such as they had to make amphibious vehicles, race trains and planes, etc. They also have celebrity interviews, and their own private race track where they race and time every car they get their hands on. It does a great job if being very entertaining and informative at the same time, all the guys on it are giant man children going out and having the time of their lives.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Also if you are a fan of the presenters I would check out James Mays Toy Stories where they supersize toys from his youth (ex. Making an actual house out of Lego). I think all the episodes are on YouTube in parts. I also just watched WW2 show with Clarkson about the Victoria Cross.

edit:Clarkson is my fav

Top Bottom