• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

dstrdly pls

Clearly there has been some misunderstanding and you are living in a land of confusion.

Why would you hate one of your fellow fans?

Q8kp3Tj.jpg

Solo you do realise my limited attention span would've meant that I would've gotten sick of that Phil Collins GIF after a week, but now that you've hated on it, it's now inspiring me to just keep posting it?

Congratulations - you just made it a thing.

Patrick Bateman: Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Gameday returns. Gudbranson is expected to make his season debut and hopefully Weaver sits. Yesterday he was sitting with a minor hip injury. Hopefully we can light up Pav again and get off to a strong start. Jets are rusty and I'm sure eager to get over their Florida trip.

Just from looking at some team stats...A few things stand out:

St. Louis is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league so far. That team with that kind of goal production is scary.

St. Louis gives up the fewest shots per game (21.6).

And yet the games are still too close with too many goals. The goaltending needs to get better and I think the low shots against aren't particularly helpful there.

TUSR

Banned
what up with this ni no kuni game?

watched a video and it was like pokemon, but the trainers could shoot fireballs

Curufinwe

Just from looking at some team stats...A few things stand out:

St. Louis is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league so far. That team with that kind of goal production is scary.

Philly is 24th in the league in scoring. They really need to get healthy. They also desperately need more puck moving D.

Mezaros coming back healthy in early March would be a big boost. Other than that, I think the Flyers will have to wait to the offseason to address the defense.

Mezaros coming back healthy in early March would be a big boost. Other than that, I think the Flyers will have to wait to the offseason to address the defense.

I thought someone posted a list of upcoming FA defensemen and I am not sue how much help they will get there. I really hope that Mez comes back 100%, he was by far their best defenseman before he got hurt.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers (10.0), Bruins (10.0), Kings (10.8), and Red Wings (11.1) are among the worst PP's in the league. That's a lot of talent.
If you haven't seen our alleged power play, it really is a sight to behold. I WISH we had a power play as good as the Leafs'.

Curufinwe

I thought someone posted a list of upcoming FA defensemen and I am not sue how much help they will get there. I really hope that Mez comes back 100%, he was by far their best defenseman before he got hurt.

Gostisbehere seems like a good prospect, but is at least a couple of years away. And I might be overrating him because I like his name. Similarly, I hope Clutterbuck ends up on the Flyers eventually.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
what up with this ni no kuni game?

watched a video and it was like pokemon, but the trainers could shoot fireballs

is it any good? I know absolutely nothing about it.

I absolutely love it. Of course it isn't without it's problems.

The AI for your party members is shit or close to it and trying to catch the "pokemon" is entirely luck based and can take upwards of an hour if you really want a certain one.

But if you used to play JRPGs back on the snes and ps1 I think you'd enjoy this game.

Visuals are absolutely breathtaking as well.

Heretic

If you haven't seen our alleged power play, it really is a sight to behold. I WISH we had a power play as good as the Leafs'.

HA! You should have seen how awesome our 5 - 3 power play was yesterday against the Sharks.

It ended up looking like we were on the PK with two more players...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Colorado claimed Palushaj off waivers. Thanks a lot, as if Hamilton didn't have enough trouble scoring goals. I wish the draft order this year was determined by AHL success.

Well my work is awesome.

Boss calls me to his office and thanks me for the work I have done and since we have been so busy and they haven't been able to fully thank me for the work I have been doing with our new management session. He hands me 2 tickets to tonight's Red Wings game!

Turned a bad day into a great one!!!

zedge

Well my work is awesome.

Boss calls me to his office and thanks me for the work I have done and since we have been so busy and they haven't been able to fully thank me for the work I have been doing with our new management session. He hands me 2 tickets to tonight's Red Wings game!

Nice. Go Flames!! ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Well my work is awesome.

You gonna leave if they play like shit in the 1st?

Heretic

Well my work is awesome.

Awesome! What do you do?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Colorado claimed Palushaj off waivers. Thanks a lot, as if Hamilton didn't have enough trouble scoring goals. I wish the draft order this year was determined by AHL success.

I've never seen anyone complain about losing a guy that put up 10 points in the AHL before.

Top Bottom