• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Acid08

Banned
Well my work is awesome.

Boss calls me to his office and thanks me for the work I have done and since we have been so busy and they haven't been able to fully thank me for the work I have been doing with our new management session. He hands me 2 tickets to tonight's Red Wings game!

Turned a bad day into a great one!!!
Nice man! Hope you have fun. It's the Flames so I'm sure the Wings will win.

You gonna leave if they play like shit in the 1st?

No, I'll just close my eyes and fall asleep. :p

Awesome! What do you do?

A mix of everything up in productivity engineering at a company that deals heavily with the military. Right now however, I'm working on correcting and changing items so that our products have the correct parts in them so they can be built because we transferred our whole inventory system over to another program, let's just say it is a lot of work having to make sure everything is correct and double and triple checking products. Also since we are short handed I keep having to work in other areas of this new program to create new items and input new data and such.

Nice man! Hope you have fun. It's the Flames so I'm sure the Wings will win.

I'm hoping so.

Heretic

:lol

Using the Sports Picks app is fun as well. Just need more friends to use it.

WP8?

A mix of everything up in productivity engineering at a company that deals heavily with the military. Right now however, I'm working on correcting and changing items so that our products have the correct parts in them so they can be built because we transferred our whole inventory system over to another program, let's just say it is a lot of work having to make sure everything is correct and double and triple checking products. Also since we are short handed I keep having to work in other areas of this new program to create new items and input new data and such.

Awesome! So... do you get discounts??????

Sanjuro

lol, sorry Sanjuro

You can post as many clapping bears as you like in retaliation.

iuIpH8rm5e4oT.gif

Acid08

Banned
On our products or the tickets? Yes on our products and our company has tickets to all the games for Wings/Pistons (have a suite for this)/Lions/Tigers etc....
My dad was able to get Sharks tickets through his job for quite a while when I was a kid. Those were good times, went to so many games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Except for the Tarzan soundtrack which was phenomenal.
*Brofist*

staal-goal-590x318.jpg

Reimer "hey guys.. guys.. there's a guy right over there... aw shit... he's going to score on me isn't he?"
I love every single thing about this.

Colorado claimed Palushaj off waivers. Thanks a lot, as if Hamilton didn't have enough trouble scoring goals. I wish the draft order this year was determined by AHL success.

I have no idea who this is. Clearly you're upset by this, did the avs just steal AHL or NHL talent from the Habs?

gu8UW.gif

As much as this sucks for the Bulldogs, I'm just glad that possibility of seeing him in a Habs uniform again is 0. For 19 & 21, he was doing alright in the AHL this year, but at the NHL level he's lost. He's not good enough for the top 6, and isn't gritty enough for the 4th line, so his only real spot is the 3rd. He was up for a while last season but was pretty damn useless. I figured / hoped someone was going to claim him with all the injuries in the league.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've never seen anyone complain about losing a guy that put up 10 points in the AHL before.

I have no idea who this is. Clearly you're upset by this, did the avs just steal AHL or NHL talent from the Habs?

I'm not terribly upset, and I'm not sure why Colorado claimed him because he won't be an NHL player, but Hamilton needs all the help they can get. He had a terrible start to the season but I was hoping he'd turn it around, being one of their best players the last two seasons.

Hamilton is garbage this season, only 2 players have more than 14 points. One is in Montreal, and the other could be called up at some point. Without Palushaj down there, they have nobody capable of putting up points.

On the weapons. I'm looking to buy a sweet hand gun.

They only carry guns for guns that you already own to defend themselves with. I heard they were looking at making guns for the guns of the guns you already own to use for self-defense too and guns for your bullet-proof vests, though I don't know if this is true or just a rumor.

Maybe Arab can confirm or deny this.

Acid08

Banned
Better be ready, Acid. I expect salt later.

Don't know why, but I can't fucking stand the Sharks.
I don't know why either. We're the lovable underachievers. Couture is an all around class act and underrated player. Jumbo is one of the best players of the past decade. You won a Cup with Nemo. Burns has a fucking awesome reptile zoo and loves video games. Heatley isn't on the team anymore.

Or it might be that offer sheet on Hammer you were forced to match. Yeah, I can see hating us for that.

I don't know why either. We're the lovable underachievers. Couture is an all around class act and underrated player. Jumbo is one of the best players of the past decade. You won a Cup with Nemo. Burns has a fucking awesome reptile zoo and lives video games. Heatley isn't on the team anymore.

Or it might be that offer sheet on Hammer you were forced to match. Yeah, I can see using us for that.

That or you stealing niemi and then calling him nemo over and over.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
To be fair Couture is pretty ugly

Don Cherry's twitter:

Looks like two more Ontario boys beat the Leafs last night. Jordan and Eric Staal both scored. Eric also had an assist.

:lol :lol

Socreges

Banned
Hockey Central (Sportsnet) has Mike Smith on the phone with a picture of Zbynek Michalek

Well done, guys.

[edit] about 3 min later, someone figures it out and they take it down altogether

CCF23

staal-goal-590x318.jpg

Reimer "hey guys.. guys.. there's a guy right over there... aw shit... he's going to score on me isn't he?"

This is amazing. The best part is you can only see 4 Leafs in frame so there's a 5th guy out there somewhere not covering Staal as well.

If/when he's eventually traded, I'm jumping on the bandwagon wherever he ends up. Said team will become my second team. Even if it's the Leafs. Oh god I hope it's not the Leafs.

Socreges

Banned
So now Schneider's agent is publicly bitching about his play time? I love it.
I assume you read the article. So that's a weird thing to say.

He was approached by the Vancouver Sun and said everything an agent should, wanting his client to play more, but understanding the special circumstances. Not sure what people expected.

CCF23

I assume you read the article. So that's a weird thing to say.

He was approached by the Vancouver Sun and said everything an agent should, wanting his client to play more, but understanding the special circumstances. Not sure what people expected.

No kidding. He's not going to say "Cory loves sitting on the bench. He's really improved his bench door opening skills."

Until Schneider himself bitches, it remains a non-issue.

About to head out here, Go Wings!

For the love of God, please win, last game I went to they lost to Montreal 4-1, though other games I have went to they have won

Top Bottom