• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Acid08

Banned
:lol

I got through the second sentence and was ready to make the joke you made in the third. Good man.

How many guns do you wager were on them? About 29210?

As many as Arab can supply them with.

Gotta protect yourself from those city ruining African American folk!

You can set Tunnelbear to UK and it's fine :D It's literally Turn Tunnelbear on - connect to stream - turn Tunnelbear off. Done. Simple enough :D

I had a game blacked out recently using Tunnelbear in UK mode

I've been repping Tunnelbear since day 1 but I think the advantage goes to Stealthy. Plus it goes a fuckload times quicker to turn on (and by fuckload, I mean it doesn't take the 5-10 seconds Tunnelbear does. which somehow feels like an eternity because I'm a spoiled douche in the 21st century)

Marvie_3

Banned
I had a game blacked out recently using Tunnelbear in UK mode

I've been repping Tunnelbear since day 1 but I think the advantage goes to Stealthy. Plus it goes a fuckload times quicker to turn on (and by fuckload, I mean it doesn't take the 5-10 seconds Tunnelbear does. which somehow feels like an eternity because I'm a spoiled douche in the 21st century)

Stealthy is awesome.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

He's probably reading this and silently nodding his head in agreement.

I just found this gif and I just can't think of better context, sorry.

BtNBg.gif

Is Arab still alive?

vlW7L.gif

No

Probably got shot on the way back.

I think Wingman took matters in his own hands.

No, I think he went to go deal with Cleary or Quincey instead, or at least I hope.

I'm surprised Babs hasn't taken Quincey or Cleary out back and ended their misery yet himself, heck Kronwall deserves it too for his awful play, or even most of the bottom 6.

As many as Arab can supply them with.

Gotta protect yourself from those city ruining African American folk!

He's probably reading this and silently nodding his head in agreement.

*shrugs

We'll trade you a "top 9 forward" for one of your d-men. Any of your d-men.

You can have your pick of Franzen, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Cleary or Cleary. Did I mention you can have Danny Cleary?

You don't realize how bad this team is until you see them in person. Screw this team, play great against two good opponents and play good hockey and win. But completely suck and play down and or lower to the level of two horrible opponents and lose wonderfully. Wake me when Quincey/Cleary is gone, our guys don't actually make the word "Special" from our special teams mean special ed, and our D and bottom 6 learn that you need to take the little rubber black thing on the ice and keep it out of our zone!!!!!!!

10 games in and I need a break from this pathetic waste of a team who has become all to predictable to fans and other teams alike! Only beacon of hope is that Brunner looks good for his first season over here but that's it.

Sweet Jesus. If Shore would've lifted the puck a few inches more it would've been easily goal of the year. He goes from goal line to goal and blows past all 5 five Jets and undresses Enstrom. He shoots and clips Pavelec's pad and Huby shoots the rebound home.

Clemmer is fucking terrible. Bring Markstrom in now, hell if they only call him up when Theo isn't playing that is fine too. He just is terrible. Rebounds on nearly every single shot, can't close the 5-hole to save his life, and always out of position. Cats should've walked out of the MTS with two points.

Oh and the last two penalties were fucking bullshit. 3rd period was on Weiss was a dive, and the OT was a soft call on Kuba. Kane dove after the puck and Kuba got called for nothing.

At least the point was picked up. Now lets get the next 3.

Edit: Here is the goal. Shore goes coast to coast, Huby nets rebound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIEY40qZdnA

fallout

Clemmer is fucking terrible. Bring Markstrom in now, hell if they only call him up when Theo isn't playing that is fine too. He just is terrible. Rebounds on nearly every single shot, can't close the 5-hole to save his life, and always out of position. Cats should've walked out of the MTS with two points.
Clemenson looked incredibly shakey. Every puck that hit him was either juggled or a massive rebound.

Oh and the last two penalties were fucking bullshit. 3rd period was on Weiss was a dive, and the OT was a soft call on Kuba. Kane dove after the puck and Kuba got called for nothing.
Kane was going for the puck, but Kuba had his stick entangled in his legs. Unfortunate, but I don't know how you don't call that.

Curufinwe

Lecavalier should be ridiculed for throwing multiple punches at a guy who was already down on the ice, including two attempts after the refs had stepped in to stop the fight.

hYvp7ws.jpg

ZeroGravity

Vinny crossed the line, but Rinaldo was still throwing punches at a guy who was dazed and in no real position to defend himself. It doesn't really matter if you're down or not.

Either way, I don't care. Vinny was the only player on our team who stepped up in that game and didn't let the Flyers push him around. It was a gutless performance overall.

LOL

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin-kurz/sharks-notes-demers-save-vatanens-coffee

The Ducks recalled defenseman Sami Vatanen from Norfolk recently, with Cam Fowler out with an apparent head injury. Vatanen happened to be staying at the Sharks’ team hotel in Anaheim, and decided he wanted a cup of coffee before heading to the rink.

Rather than find a local Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, though, Vatanen waltzed right into the Sharks’ pregame snack room, much to the surprise of several players, many of whom had no idea who he was. He poured a cup for the road, and walked out.

Montresor

I've been irritated by the Xbox/Microsoft negativity over the past few weeks but the next Xbox has too many deal breakers. I've invested so much time and money into the Xbox platform I'm pretty bitter about this bullshit.

I think I'll be shifting most of my playtime to ps3 now then eventually ps4.

Babcock made a huge mistake not starting Mrazek against Calgary and resting up Howie for St Louis.

Remember what happened the last time we gave a young up and coming goaltender his first ice time in the NHL against the Blues?

Now that kids confidence level is a big fat zero and on his way to becoming a first round bust!

Wait wait.. Mrazek is starting a game for the Red Wings?

He's 20 years old.

Is this real life?

No, the kid is 50 stuck in a 20 year old body, only possible explanation.

Meh. I have an Internet connection and I tend to buy games new.

It would be fine if my internet didn't like to randomly cut out at times or where it won't even let my Xbox stay connected to the internet for more than 5 minute intervals throughout a day. Though for the most part my Xbox screws up but my computer stays connected. :/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The good news is that Ryan Callahan is back and practicing, and in a regular jersey, not a non-contact one. My guess is he probably won't be ready by tomorrow but might be back for the game with the Lightning on Sunday.

The bad news is that Girardi, Staal, and Richards are all not practicing. I'm not too concerned about Staal and Richards, but Girardi staying off the ice suggests he might be out again against the Isles tomorrow night.

MacAttack

Habs/Bs taneet!

I think Habs fans are more excited for this than Bruins fans. Not that we aren't excited but Montreal has a lot more to gain/prove in this game.

I hope the players don't feel the same but I could see the Bruins coming out flat. This is there only game in a 5 day stretch and then its 3 games in 4 days starting on Saturday. I expect the Bell Center to be loud and the Canadiens to come out flying.

Bruins come from behind and win 5-3.

Heretic

I've been irritated by the Xbox/Microsoft negativity over the past few weeks but the next Xbox has too many deal breakers. I've invested so much time and money into the Xbox platform I'm pretty bitter about this bullshit.

Suck it up, wuss.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I'm hoping I'll be able to skip both. I've got my Wii U for Nintendo games, and I'll build a PC for third party stuff. The only problem is possibly getting boned on stuff like the NHL games, that's the reason I originally bought a 360 in the first place.

Quick

Banned
Lecavalier should be ridiculed for throwing multiple punches at a guy who was already down on the ice, including two attempts after the refs had stepped in to stop the fight.

hYvp7ws.jpg

I don't think I've seen this kind of breakdown of a fight, two of them even...ever?

It's a fucking fight. Briere and St. Louis aired out their grievances about it, it's mostly over and done with. I can imagine Talbot or anyone from Philly going for round 2 with Lecavalier if anything.

Top Bottom