• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

I know I say these two things often, but every game just confirms it.

- Souray and Fasth are the best offseason additions we've made since acquiring Pronger. No other move even comes close except for...

- The Beauchemin Trade. It's no longer a fleece. Y'hear that Leafs fans? THE BEAUCHMIN TRADE IS NO LONGER A FLEECE. He's playing his best hockey since his days of being paired with Neidermayer.

Heretic

I know I say these two things often, but every game just confirms it.

- Souray and Fasth are the best offseason additions we've made since acquiring Pronger. No other move even comes close except for...

- The Beauchemin Trade. It's no longer a fleece. Y'hear that Leafs fans? THE BEAUCHMIN TRADE IS NO LONGER A FLEECE. He's playing his best hockey since his days of being paired with Neidermayer.
I agree with Dastardly 100%!

I'm barely watching cause of school work but I just want to say that the avs shouldn't be used as a measuring stick right now of any kind

From what I'm watching so far, I don't really want to think of them like that, but unfortunately I will have to agree with you.

But it's not just this game, it's been the past 3 games entirely.

EDIT: It just happens to be though that tonight the Souray - Beauchemin pairing are beasting... combined 2-1-3, +4 so far tonight.

tatsuki

whoever that was just now for edmonton on that all alone chance... why you would blow a great scoring chance just because you felt the need to try and be fancy between the legs is beyond me.

From what I'm watching so far, I don't really want to think of them like that, but unfortunately I will have to agree with you.

But it's not just this game, it's been the past 3 games entirely.

EDIT: It just happens to be though that tonight the Souray - Beauchemin pairing are beasting... combined 2-1-3, +4 so far tonight.

Until Sacco is gone this is the state the team will be in. Until Sherman does something with O'Reilly this is the state the team will be in. Sacco will be saved by this short season, will go on to fuck us next season and I don't know what the fuck is going to happen with O'Reilly at this point. But let me just make it clear that Paul Stastny is hardly a fucking 3rd liner. Him rolling the second line makes me physically ill. Duchene is not yet a 1st liner (compared to O'Reilly) and I don't know if he ever will be. Varlamov can't shoulder the weight that our D is simply crumbling under. Johnson is still trying to do everything he shouldn't be doing. Hejda seems like he gives no fucks this season, O'Brien isn't nearly as useful as he was last season, Wilson is out with a leg injury and is our best defenseman. Landeskog has a concussion from the cleanest hit I've seen since Blake's knee on knee w/ Duchene.

Canuck76

Banned
whoever that was just now for edmonton on that all alone chance... why you would blow a great scoring chance just because you felt the need to try and be fancy between the legs is beyond me.

Taylor Hall. Dude should know better just bring it around to the far post and put it in.

Dumb decision

Maybe I'M being a homer but the Ducks announcers have always been neutral. Hazy ALWAYS points out all of the good plays the other team makes.

Jim Fox on the other hand is a freaking idiot...

Fans of other teams have said the same thing on Reddit, I've noticed.

I too feel they're rather neutral but still Ducks focused. But they can actually be objective with the Ducks and say things like when a call (on ANY team) is a bad call.

that was us last season. I know that feel...

Exactly. Last year was painful. But it's all in the past man, we're now awesome.

The biggest fucking thing about all this so far is that this team is completely fucked right now, could be less fucked with O'Reilly but ~$1,000,000 is just too much for Sherman to squeeze out of Kroenke Jr. Real fucking reassuring that this franchise doesn't take a back seat to the Nuggets , Rams and soccer team his dad owns. Fucking nepotism.

FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT FASTH SHUTOUT

VIKTOR FASTH SHUTOUTS ALL OVER MY FACE!!!...
OUR FACES!!!

3svyjw.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Ben Lovejoy off to the Ducks for a fifth round pick. Guess the Pens are happier with Despres. I'm good with this. Lovejoy threw up all over himself during the playoffs last season...moreso than the other dmen.

MacAttack

Hall will be the better player in five years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen, but both players will be All-Stars for years to come, barring injury.

When Seguin doesn't score it gets in his head and he makes more mistakes in other parts of his game.

Still love him though. But who doesn't?
tumblr_lhiaxb5uMa1qci7aeo1_400.gif

Top Bottom