• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
When I drafted Hiller for my fantasy team and thought the Ducks would suck, I was all :(
But then they didn't suck and I was all :)
But then Hiller kinda sucked and I was like :|
But then I picked up Fasth and played him tonight and now I'm :D

Thoughts on the Oilers:
- Our #1, #3, #4, and #5 centers are now injured. WTF.
- Hemsky is still a joy to watch.
- Through 10 games, we've only won 1 in regulation. But only lost 3 in regulation. Hmm. Not sure how to feel.
- Justin Schultz is already our best dman. He's excellent.

Kiiiiiiinda off topic, but did anyone's Spotify update to the new version? And does anyone fucking hate it? (the UI is white and a clunky piece of shit)

Socreges

Banned
If he lasts that long. But I hope your right.

I dunno I like hall and I'm happy to have him on the team, but I would have taken Seguin over hall. At least I've got RNH now.
Your team has had three #1 picks over the last three seasons, all of which have immediately been NHL-caliber players, and you're going to keep whining that you didn't get Seguin instead? Seriously?

Yes, at least you've got RNH. Because that Hall fuck is such a bust.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bounces didn't go Habs way tonight, it'll be interesting to see how they respond tomorrow against Buffalo. Time for Therrien to put Subban - Gorges back together as a shutdown pair, both Boston Goals were on Emelin's blown coverage. Also time to put Eller with the Gally's, Prust is great at what he does, but he's having a hard time handling their passes.

For everyone saying how much better the Habs look this year, that's what happens when your coach plays the team according to their strengths. We've always been a fast team, but dumb ass Martin made them play dumb and chase hockey, which is why Gomez and Cammy did poorly here. Combine that with a great PP and a 4th line with balls and here we are.

Quick

Banned
Your team has had three #1 picks over the last three seasons, all of which have immediately been NHL-caliber players, and you're going to keep whining that you didn't get Seguin instead? Seriously?

Yes, at least you've got RNH. Because that Hall fuck is such a bust.

This is some First Overall Problems.

Quick

Banned
ibuxxQLGH2Jx42.jpg

iWCg2aONP6fmB.jpg

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
This is some First Overall Problems.
Jdvdr.gif

For the record, I'd still pick Hall over Seguin. But it's close.
Hall, with his reckless abandon, is incredibly fun to watch. Of course, there are downsides to that as well.

How has Justin Schultz been in the 5 on 5 in terms of defensive mistakes?
B+
He commits the occasional giveaway and has absolutely zero physical game, but makes up for it with solid positioning, a really great stick (i hate that saying), and super calm demeanour. He doesn't panic. He wins most puck battles not by taking the body but by taking the puck. It's rare to see that from a dman. Of course, his offensive game is amazing; reminds me of the Mike Green of 3 years ago.

And we still can't score goals :(

Oilers are looking good though, new Schultz is amazing, old Schultz is playing great. Dubnyk has been outstanding. The top line hasn't been producing like it should, but hemsky and gagne are playing amazing with yakipov.

Ass loads of injuries in the past 3 days though, hopefully most of them come back quick.

- Justin Schultz is already our best dman. He's excellent.

He's your best stupid fucking traitor dildo too.

How has Justin Schultz been in the 5 on 5 in terms of defensive mistakes?

Fucking shit.

He's also fun to watch.

So glad we drafted him.

He's dumb to watch and your team is stupid.

You have an AHL defenseman while the Ducks are actually winning games.

Is this all a ploy to make me feel bad about the last time our teams played? CAUSE IT WORKED.

ty <3

lol wtf, ACID defending the Ducks?

Ducks are doing just fine without Schultz.

Damn right we are. We're rocking up to the prom with the most intelligent and beautiful girl at the school, while our ex got fat and is getting fingered by two dudes on the dancefloor.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He's your best stupid fucking traitor dildo too.

Fucking shit.

He's dumb to watch and your team is stupid.

You're making us proud with your saltyne-
Damn right we are. We're rocking up to the prom with the most intelligent and beautiful girl at the school, while our ex got fat and is getting fingered by two dudes on the dancefloor.

Waitwhatnow.

Mine appears to be the same. Desktop client? Windows?

Windows desktop client. I think they're rolling it out slowly over users. Post your thoughts when you get it

I just realized today that I haven't read or heard one thing from DownGoesBrown this season. I need to get on that shit

Duchene said:
"It's painful right now," Avs center Matt Duchene said. "It's the same story every night. We're playing well 5-on-5, but we can't seem to find a win in those games. We've got to figure out a way to score a goal. It's the bottom line. We've been shut out three times in 10 games. That's unacceptable. That's almost 50-percent of the games we're getting shut out in. That's a joke. We've got to figure it out here. We've got to bear down more in practice and try to make a few more plays every now and then. We're just knifing the puck in all the time instead of trying to get inside and score a goal."

Sacco said:
"If you look at the overall game, they didn't outplay us," Colorado coach Joe Sacco said. "At the end it got a little helter-skelter. We had some chance, we didn't score. We've got to stick with it and keep grinding it out."

Go fuck yourself Sacco. Serious respect for Duchene telling the fucking truth. Everyone else in that locker room wants to keep embarrassing themselves apparently.

Sounds shitty. How has this clown not been fired yet?

The Kroenke family doesn't care about the avs as much as the nuggets or rams and Sherman is like a fucking teddy bear. Doesn't seem to want to ruffle any feathers.

Edit: Also appreciate the lack of kicking while down guys. LOVE YOU ALL

He is right though, the Avs weren't outplayed... It's just that we were Fasther is all.

Edit: Also appreciate the lack of kicking while down guys. LOVE YOU ALL

The Avs don't deserve any disrespect. And I'm sure you understand, but my verbosity is coming from pride in my team and not from who they beat.

Unless it's the Queens, J. Schultz or Preds.

Fuck those clowns.

"We've got to be a little sneaky here," said Teemu Selanne, who has nine points in the first eight games. "That's good. We don't need that kind of pressure for ourselves."

You would have to look far and wide beyond their faithful to find those who saw the Ducks as a playoff team after their 13th-place finish in the Western Conference last season.

But offseason acquisitions Daniel Winnik and Sheldon Souray have made an immediate impact while young forwards Kyle Palmieri and Nick Bonino are adding production and deepening their lineup past their stars.

The key, as they began a telling six-game trip, is not to rest on what they've accomplished to this point.

"The team's playing well but we try to remind each that there's no time to get satisfied," Selanne said. "You just have to keep pushing and stay hungry and just try to reach another level.

"We can do it. That's why we want to push ourselves."

OH GOD TEEMU PLEASE NEVER LEAVE THE DUCKS FRANCHISE EVER

I disagree. Fasther was good but our chances were pretty fuckin' sparse. We out shot you guys with terrible shots.

I didn't get to watch the first and half of the second period, but apparently the first was pretty sloppy according to Boudreau?

Clydefrog

He is right though, the Avs weren't outplayed... It's just that we were Fasther is all.

The Avs don't deserve any disrespect. And I'm sure you understand, but my verbosity is coming from pride in my team and not from who they beat.

Unless it's the Queens, J. Schultz or Preds.

Fuck those clowns.

fuck you buddy

Top Bottom