• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Socreges

Banned
I want Thomas to suit up for the Isles next season and lead them to the playoffs while Rask cracks under the pressure and takes the Bruins down with him.

Just to witness Sanjuro's sweet, sweet, salty tears.

Cake Boss

Banned
Rather have them both then not. It's their own fault for making silly contracts. Again, don't get the cap. It seems detrimental to the game. It's not NBA corrupt yet, but it's still lousy.

Why wouldn't they? I mean, who knows what happens, but if he reports next season then it's done. Even if they don't get anything, who cares?

Hes a UFA next season isny he?

He doesnt have to report anywherem

Sanjuro

I want Thomas to suit up for the Isles next season and lead them to the playoffs while Rask cracks under the pressure and takes the Bruins down with him.

Just to witness Sanjuro's sweet, sweet, salty tears.

Why woud my tears be salty? That's what I would anticipate!

Hes a UFA next season isny he?

He doesnt have to report anywherem

I believe the next season would be the final year in his contract.

toro5741

Yeah the NHL should block this. Isles should resign some of their own guys, or trade for someone that could actually help the team. This is a garbage move.

It's pretty blatant cap circumvention if you ask me, but you kinda have to admire Snow's creativity. As far as improving the team goes, resigning their own guys would have zero effect on this year's cap situation...

JABEE

So Boston trades Thomas's cap hit alone to a cheapskate owner. Great job league.

This is worse in terms of circumvention than the Kovalchuk contract.

Sanjuro

You're right. You're so desperate to see Rask fail and Thomas succeed that you'd probably prefer that scenario.

I wouldn't say I'm desperate. I loved watching Tim Thomas play. One of the very few joys I've had in a post-Bourque Bruins team.

I mean, you're talking to a guy who teared up watching the fucking Avs win the Stanley Cup. I've been cuckolded already.

So Boston trades Thomas's cap hit alone to a cheapskate owner. Great job league.

This is worse in terms of circumvention than the Kovalchuk contract.

Hey, our owner is a cheapskate too. Never forget.

Fuck you Jacobs.

toro5741

the islanders are moving to brooklyn in 2014/2015

2015-16 is currently slated to be the inaugural season in Brooklyn. That's when the Nassau Coliseum lease ends... there has been speculative chatter they might be let out of their lease early but regardless Thomas will never play a game for the Isles either way.

Filth

2015-16 is currently slated to be the inaugural season in Brooklyn. That's when the Nassau Coliseum lease ends... there has been speculative chatter they might be let out of their lease early but regardless Thomas will never play a game for the Isles either way.

BUT WHAT IF HE DOES>?!?!?!?!?

Socreges

Banned
Islanders currently have $12.25m committed to goaltenders this season.

And their starting goaltender is an over-the-hill Nabokov sporting a .905 sv%.

Goodness.

Solo

I'm absolutely not sold on Ward and Fleury, especially Fleury. Price feels like a lock at either backup or third string (could change over the course of the year). I feel like the starting job goes to Luongo, since he took over the job from Brodeur.

You are letting your Habs hatred blind you, friend-o. Price will be the #1 goalie in Sochi.

Tabris

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
The Boston Bruins only get a draft pick from the Islanders for Tim Thomas if he reports to them or any other team if NYI trade his rights.

So no draft pick if he doesn't report. Good deal for Islanders.

Osorio

Zubrus has an upper body injury so Stefan Matteau will be playing LW with Zajac and Kovy on the first line.

Being the 6th game he's going to play his entry level contract kicks in.

Lou has faith!

All right, $7 mil in cap space. What could Aaron Johnson and a 1st get us as far as forward rentals go?

Cap move. Thomas has every intention of playing next season.

I guess they had to do it, but I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

I'm sorry dude, but you might be the only B's fan that thinks Timmy had any value left for us. The cap space for a Cup run this year >>>>>> the 0.00001% chance of Timmy coming back to Bruins and the B's management/players wanting him back.

Iginla is black, that pastry ass fanbase wont stand for it.

Hey, it's better than Toronto or Ottawa. People apparently throw bananas on the ice in Ontario.

CCF23

"Hey Johnny, instead of trying to help the team win we're going to trade for a guy we can suspend but still keep on our books for cap purposes."

I'll be surprised if Tavares stays there long term under that shit show ownership.

Also, the reson for Thomas' year off has been discovered:

BCiW7dSCcAAG7uN.jpg

He's a black guy now!

sammich

Its circumvention but what are the chances something like this comes up? Can Philly do it with pronger? Pronger is on LTIR as i remember, so he has to be cleared first to play i think. I think this was do-able in the old CBA as well. Its smart really.

But i think both sides would and should have issues with something like this. Isles lover thier cap hit by what 5mil and they also get revenue sharing from teams like the leafs. lol. Genius.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
@NHLBruins: Chiarelli said he had been in discussions with the Islanders over past few months..^CS

Tweet was up for almost 10 minutes before being deleted :lol

MacAttack

@NHLBruins: Chiarelli said he had been in discussions with the Islanders over past few months..^CS

Tweet was up for almost 10 minutes before being deleted :lol

The possibility of trading Thomas to a team looking to reach the cap floor has been discussed since Thomas decided to take his goalie pads and go home at the end of last season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The possibility of trading Thomas to a team looking to reach the cap floor has been discussed since Thomas decided to take his goalie pads and go home at the end of last season.
The tweet implies they were discussing this during the lockout which they're not suppose to AFAIK.

Top Bottom