• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Quick

Banned
Ferraro said last night he expects Price to be the #1 and I would be pretty shocked if he isn't, although Lu should backup over Ward and MAF.

It depends on how PK plays this next year, if he can elevate his game I could see him making the 6th or 7th / 8th D, especially seeing as he's a player that takes his game to the next level in high pressure situations.

I'm only saying that with regards to the official roster that would be released at the start of the games next year. I'd imagine Price taking over the starting role if Luongo falters like Brodeur did.

Cake Boss

Banned
Just noticed, the 2 goalies that trained with Francois Allaire this summer are currently the top 2 goalies stats wise in the league right now.

(Luongo and Anderson)

pringles

Lol at that Canadian team, It is ridiculous. Compare to Sweden and laugh. With Backström playing like he has been the latest years it feels like Z is the only Swede to fit in the top 10 Canadian centers or something. The amount of centers on that team is kind of funny :p

I would like to add Seabs, Bergeron and Iggy though.
We have an edge in net and are close on D atleast.

I want a lineup something like this:

C

Zetterberg
H Sedin
Backstrom
Berglund

W

Franzen
Loui Eriksson
D Sedin
Hornqvist
Zibanejad
Landeskog
Hagelin
Steen
(Silfverberg/M Johansson)

D

Ekman-Larsson
Erik Karlsson
Toby Enstrom
N Kronwall
Adam Larsson
V Hedman
(Edler)

G

Lundqvist
Fasth
(Lehner)

pringles

Cooke instead of Subban and that list would be okay.

Though Tootoo is a guy I can't help but love now that he's with the Wings. And so far he hasn't done anything outright dirty or careless so that helps.

Socreges

Banned
M-A Fleury - G (Age: 29)
Breakdown: Has a ton of experience in big games, a Stanley Cup ring and a gold medal from Vancouver.
Since we're obviously mentioning accomplishments that don't matter, how about sending Mathieu Garon since he's got a Cup?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Budaj starting tonight.......I'm scared. Also White draws in for Moen who is coming out which surprises me, but is good. He's been pretty invisible this season thus far.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh dear god the Jets have a line of consisting of Poni/Antropov/Wellwood.

I expect this line for some reason to absolutely beast us tonight.

CCF23

Kesler was embarrassing during he LA series last season. He deserves to be on some kind of list just for that.

Speaking of Kesler, he travelled with the team but not because he's close to returning:

www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Ryan+Kesler+injury+comeback/7928773/story.html

Shoulder and wrist are still weak. Could be a few more weeks, I guess.

Booth still isn't skating with the team.

We've managed just fine without him so far, and our schedule is forgiving right now.

We play tonight, and then Calgary (lol) on Saturday, and then only two games in the 7 days after that.

Hopefully he's getting closer at that point (10 days or so from now).

Oh dear god the Jets have a line of consisting of Poni/Antropov/Wellwood.

I expect this line for some reason to absolutely beast us tonight.

I don't know why you would expect a former leaf to light us up when they play us. It's not like that happens all the bloody time :(

Socreges

Banned
We've managed just fine without him so far, and our schedule is forgiving right now.

We play tonight, and then Calgary (lol) on Saturday, and then only two games in the 7 days after that.

Hopefully he's getting closer at that point (10 days or so from now).
We've managed fine, but I'd say we're worse than our record indicates. Finding ways to win, at least.

CCF23

We've managed fine, but I'd say we're worse than our record indicates. Finding ways to win, at least.

Eh, I'm not sure I'd say that. We've led in every game except one, haven't we? The San Jose game (if I remember correctly) was the only game we haven't had a lead in. I think we've been alright, aside from the power play which has been fucking awful.

There's a few issues, for sure, but all in all I can't complain considering we're without 33% of our top 6 forwards.

Spl1nter

That 2014 Canadian team is funny. I dont know how you leave off Thornton and Marleau. Strong case can also be made for St. Louis as well, especially over Eberle. On the D side, Campbell, Boyle, Seabrook are part of the picture as well. Espeically over Coburn and Girardi at the moment

zorbsie

Ready for the game tonight.
VKK9bh5.jpg

Tonight will be the night..right fellas? right?

Socreges

Banned
Eh, I'm not sure I'd say that. We've led in every game except one, haven't we? The San Jose game (if I remember correctly) was the only game we haven't had a lead in. I think we've been alright, aside from the power play which has been fucking awful.

There's a few issues, for sure, but all in all I can't complain considering we're without 33% of our top 6 forwards.
2 regulation wins in 9 games. Yet 5-2-2. This is what I'm talking about.

I'm not complaining. And I agreed that they're doing "fine". But they have not been half as convincing as they have in the previous two seasons.

Acid08

Banned
That 2014 Canadian team is funny. I dont know how you leave off Thornton and Marleau. Strong case can also be made for St. Louis as well, especially over Eberle. On the D side, Campbell, Boyle, Seabrook are part of the picture as well. Espeically over Coburn and Girardi at the moment
Burns is a good ol' Ontario boy, I think that automatically gives him a shot.

Ontario.

Alucard

Banned
Just checked the standings. Caps are last in the East with only 5 points? Damn. I know it's early on, but that has to send up some red flags for management.

CCF23

2 regulation wins in 9 games. Yet 5-2-2. This is what I'm talking about.

I'm not complaining. And I agreed that they're doing "fine". But they have not been half as convincing as they have in the previous two seasons.

My point is it's a reach to expect them to be even "half as convincing" as the past two seasons when they're missing arguably their most important forward, and another second line forward on top of that.

"fine" is good. We could easily be going under without Kesler and Booth, but we're not only staying afloat, but keeping touch with the top teams in the conference.

pringles

Just checked the standings. Caps are last in the East with only 5 points? Damn. I know it's early on, but that has to send up some red flags for management.
They're terrible.

I miss the run-and-gun Caps from a few years ago. Not even Backstrom and Ovie are fun to watch anymore.

JABEE

Is it a cap move or is Tim Thomas coming back? Don't they have Nabokov? How has he played?

The Isles 2nd this season will be really good.

Timmy Thomas?!?!

Trading for goalies that don't want to play :lol

Cap move to get to the floor, awesome

lol Yashin is still on the Isles cap

Top Bottom